Halo Wars 3 Likely In Development?

OP DylanCharles171

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
343 has been open about what went wrong with MCC. If you don't trust them after the openness they've had over the last few years then that's a personal problem.
It's either Halo Wars 3 will take off trying to rescue Anders, obviously. Or, Halo Infinite will have The Master Chief meet the Spirit of Fire crew to help get Anders back and with their help, stop Cortana and The Created
DUDE! could you imagine chief and Jerome meet up?! Damn.
I would die of happiness and excitement if Chief and Blue Team meet up with Red Team and Omega!
343 has been open about what went wrong with MCC. If you don't trust them after the openness they've had over the last few years then that's a personal problem.
Glad someone who has played exactly one game of HW2 can hop on the HW2 forums to defend 343. That's not suspicious at all.
I think 343 has been open about its issues (and I've played all the Halos right back to the beginning, as well as HW1 and HW2, so let's not tag me as "suspicious").

I think the idea that they "betrayed" anyone is crazy.

Personally, I would love HW3 and buy it as a preorder? But it's probably not happening. I'm just happy they made HW2, to be honest. HW1 was my favorite game on Xbox 360. HW2 is my favorite game on XboxOne. It's a fantastic game and 343 should be proud of it. I hope Infinite gets released this year--it's been too long since Halo 5 IMHO.
Glad someone who has played exactly one game of HW2 can hop on the HW2 forums to defend 343. That's not suspicious at all.
I mean, the guy is talking about MCC, so he could possibly just be in the wrong forum section.
I mean, the guy is talking about MCC, so he could possibly just be in the wrong forum section.
lmao someone give this guy a map
lmao someone give this guy a map
Several things.

1. I've played lots of campaign and skirmish.
2. My game resume isn't important to the discussion.
3. I was talking MCC because it came up. I'm very fond of Wars 2 as well.
4. Most importantly, piss off.
Really wish it wasn't canceled :/ well, here's to hoping that the story will continue into the mainline games and not finished off in some comic/novel..
tenchosan wrote:
Even if miraculously HW 3 was made
HW 2 is incomplete
343industries betrayed our trust.
That fact does not change.

HW 2 is the best game.
So it is sad.
Incomplete and betrayed trust? A bit dramatic, don't you think?
I want to play the story when I was a commander of halo 2 arbiter. I think that it is suitable for HALO WARS. I'd like his story of the tactician to come out by DLC by all means.
Well I love the halo wars series they always gives us a selection of way cool UNSC units and they give us weapons and technology not often seen in the games for the UNSC. In the halo shooters we dont get awesome tanks like the railgun firing cobra tanks and that (although we do get the hannable laser tank in halo 5) in halo wars we get access to some really high tech stuff for the unsc we dont Normally see. Halo wars one was a breath of fresh air in that introduced a whole host of high tech unsc assets and that. Bungie was stingy in that role because they wanted us to feel underpowered up against the covenant (Gauss cannon on warthog and spartan laser were exceptions though). 343 have done a good job of fixing this role now with giving humans advanced weapons and abilities but still needs to make sure halo infinites story line is far superior to the mess of halo 5. They wrote a great story line for halo wars 2 I hope they can replicate that with a third halo wars title and a first person shooter in halo infinite.
I hope Halo Wars 3 happens. But I wouldn't count on it considering Xbox doesn't do sequels to AAA games unless they sell extremely well. Which is sad...
ODST343 wrote:
The way they ended halo wars 2 it looked as if it merged with the ending of halo 5
This is why Halo Infinite will look kind've weird if they don't make a tie in with Halo Wars 2. Granted it was a cool idea to have guardian show up but now it's pretty much confirmed.
That said I am stoked to basically be confirmed that there will be a tie in to Halo Wars 2 in Halo Infinite, but I can't possibly figure out if they are going to use it well or not. The only given is that, if they don't tie in Halo Wars 2, then why the hell did they put a guardian at the end?
Halo Wars is an RTS you cant expect it to make FPS sales they are for different demographics. And If you want the numbers from say, Total War or Starcraft, you gotta make a damned good game that can compete in both depth and strategy. I like halo wars' simplicity with slight nuance which can change a game. But tbh I don't think halo wars can become super popular or ever will be because halos fanbase is mostly on console and typical console gamers are either adults wanting some relaxation in a busy life or toxic children who probably couldn't even figure out how to play the game.
G0DS F3AR wrote:
Halo Wars is an RTS you cant expect it to make FPS sales they are for different demographics. And If you want the numbers from say, Total War or Starcraft, you gotta make a damned good game that can compete in both depth and strategy. I like halo wars' simplicity with slight nuance which can change a game. But tbh I don't think halo wars can become super popular or ever will be because halos fanbase is mostly on console and typical console gamers are either adults wanting some relaxation in a busy life or toxic children who probably couldn't even figure out how to play the game.
You got that right. I’m tired of all these little -Yoinking!- kids ruining our generation of gaming.
My thing is with HW 2 if lacking the different variety of units. I know that story’s of Halo and Halo Wars are different but I would’ve liked to see different units or variants. Like ive has an idea I wanted to pitch towards 343 for awhile now. Why not add Master Chief in the game as a leader and the promethiums in the game with Warden eternal as there leader. The game is fun as hell but it needs more content to it. It definitely needs more maps. I mean hell they can even add a flood leader. They have the units built already in the firefight mode they have so it shouldn’t be that hard to make it a leader. I wanna hear yalls opinions about this.
I always love the HW series. Its a fantastic medium to tell great stories outside the FPS genre. I've always loved exploring different avenues of the Halo Universe and imo HW2 delivered on almost all my expectations. Very satisfied.
I hope we get a Halo Wars 3. I love both Halo Wars 1 & 2 and it would be a major disappointment to have the series end now. I know word is that Halo Wars 2 didn't sell well, but I think that's more reflective of console players just not being that interested in RTS games than the quality of the Halo Wars titles.
Oakspear wrote:
I hope we get a Halo Wars 3. I love both Halo Wars 1 & 2 and it would be a major disappointment to have the series end now. I know word is that Halo Wars 2 didn't sell well, but I think that's more reflective of console players just not being that interested in RTS games than the quality of the Halo Wars titles.
I'm always trying to get my friends into RTS, but even though it's 2019, doesn't mean that the players can't bring the game back.(because supposedly it's dead) If everyone who still plays this game, invited one, or two friends we can bring the Halo Wars 2 Community "back", the developers have announced there will be more content coming in 2019, it's up to the players to expose other players to RTS and that's what I've been doing and you can do it too, we can make the Halo Wars 2 community way stronger. I've started a Spartan Company called "HW2 Still Breathing"so that the very active players have a way to come together. I don't ever want anyone to have to play Halo Wars 2 Alone if they don't want to play alone.
Spoiler:
Show
i think there is at some point that there are making a halo wars 3 and that the halo wars will still alive.
its a good part time game there releasing that there main halo game has some extra time to developt and that there still release a new game for the true halo fans.

and its also a nice side story from the main event if you have follow the halo wars 1 and 2 events.

also its fun to see whats is happing on a place like The Ark after halo 3 events what it has become and what its doing who knows the next halo wars game is about the events what is happing after halo 4 on the planet requiem who knows still halo wars is a good game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4