[Locked] Halo Wars 3? Likely?

OP total war1402

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Gotta <3 the revival of 7 month old threads for the lulz
On subject, though, I feel like it's too soon now, and was too soon in July. That maybe the suggestion of a sequel already says more about HW2 than we'd like to admit...? I liked it, and would want a fully worked and independent sequel/prequel in maybe 2-4 years, though. Something with the original Forerunner/Prophet/Human war maybe, with the Flood obviously jumping in as lore tells us.
Please don't revive old topics, thanks
Unfortunately 343's name from the Halo 4/5/MCC debacle has probably scared away a ton of potential fans from Halo Wars 2. Couple that with the mixed reception Halo Wars got (through no fault of its own) and the microtransaction controversy partially present in HW2's release and I'm not at all surprised it struggled. I mean even I, a die hard halo fan of old, refused to buy Halo 5 and waited to hear more about HW2 (despite loving the original) before I eventually bought it a few months ago. I imagine plenty of players' interest would wane even after they heard the gameplay was indeed solid simply because they waited. 343 isn't a brand with confidence behind it. They've too often tried to sell Halo on the name alone whilst disrespecting the gameplay that we buy the game for in the first place.

Thankfully, Halo Wars 2 is a fantastic game and they're showing more dedication than I would have expected in patching/updating it. They even are very active in listening to/responding openly with forum users on this section which has historically been their weakpoint. But I guess it is easier when you don't have controversial game mechanics mucking things up.

So to answer the original question: if we get a HW3, it will be years from now just like the gap between 1 and 2. And that is only if 343 somehow manages to repair its reputation (or if a different company gets a hold of the franchise and does the base games correctly thus raising sales/popularity in the franchise once more).

This is all my own skepticism and thoughts though, naturally.
lol and now I see the date on this dern it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3