Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Halo wars 3???

OP Goddess Illias

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Now i know that people gave the devs a lot of -Yoink- for halo wars 2 but honestly i think it was a great game. i think the killer for the game was the jackrabbit spam at the launch. I honestly think that they could make a even better rts as long as theres no op units at the launch like the jack rabbit to kill off 90 percent of the player base. I honestly doubt this will be a thing but what do other people think?
Well let's hope that Halo Wars 2 on the Xbox Game Pass does well. Though I'm sure the game sold an ok amount.
It’s too early to talk about maybe
From what I have seen so far the game did more than fine and I think the game is outstanding. Any expansion, new game, anything relative with the Spirit of Fire adventures is more than welcome for me.

I dont think they will just forget about this awesome characters that HW has. That are actually better than its fps brother in my opinion.
I'd like to see a HW3.
I'm all for a 3rd installment of Halo Wars, though I would like to see Master Chief as a possible leader for MP, or heck even have him and more from the core Halo universe show up.
These threads always end with pessimists telling us how bad the HW2 sales were compared to other games or their phony expectations...

I'd love to see a HW3!
I'll keep playing this game for years to come just like I did with HW1, even when everyone said 343 would never make a sequel of that game either.
Halo wars 3 should have "native 2K 60fps" and shouldn't have "laggy command"
HW2 has a "laggy command" issue still now... :(
There is still no fix to that issue.
I have put well over 200 hours into both HW1 and HW2. I will be doing it again when HW3 comes out.
Don't think it's gonna happen
I don't know how much Wars 2 sold, but i don't think enough to let a sequel happen, and that's a shame
I definitely want to see a Halo Wars 3 HOWEVER I want it to be revolutionary compared to the last 2 games. For anyone who has played Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, I would love to see a Halo game more within that vein of gameplay while borrowing many things from the previous games.
What I want to see most though is many unique factions. I like how HW2 had many factions but they (probably mostly for ease of balance reasons) were too similar to each other. In my opinion, an RTS in funner when each faction has a unique set of units. Maybe they'd be similar to each other but with differences in upgrades and tweaks in stats/functionality.
Of course, when talking about unique factions I'm also talking about the inclusion of a Flood and Forerunner faction.
I definitely want to see a Halo Wars 3 HOWEVER I want it to be revolutionary compared to the last 2 games. For anyone who has played Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, I would love to see a Halo game more within that vein of gameplay while borrowing many things from the previous games.
What I want to see most though is many unique factions. I like how HW2 had many factions but they (probably mostly for ease of balance reasons) were too similar to each other. In my opinion, an RTS in funner when each faction has a unique set of units. Maybe they'd be similar to each other but with differences in upgrades and tweaks in stats/functionality.
Of course, when talking about unique factions I'm also talking about the inclusion of a Flood and Forerunner faction.
I agree, we definitely also need warship battles like sins of the prophets as well.
Now i know that people gave the devs a lot of -Yoink- for halo wars 2 but honestly i think it was a great game. i think the killer for the game was the jackrabbit spam at the launch. I honestly think that they could make a even better rts as long as theres no op units at the launch like the jack rabbit to kill off 90 percent of the player base. I honestly doubt this will be a thing but what do other people think?
What a -Yoink- are you talking about? Do you think casual gamers knew about jackrabbit spam. Man- hw2 is just another rts that the huge majority of gamer will not know. Do you know the percent of people that plays RTS???? 4% 4%!! That is what you get. Lest -Yoinking!- stop talki g about sales and -Yoink-... This game is great- it is -Yoinking!- great for us. I want Halo Wars 3 -Yoink- I want ittttt!!
I'd like to see a third installment, but after the third installment I want them to quit making Halo Wars games. I love the Halo Wars franchise but I don't want to see a Halo Wars 7. I feel like they should make Halo Wars 3 and then after it's launch keep adding stuff for as long as the community is still there to play.
Y’all heard about this?

The pitch was cancelled, which is not out of the ordinary, but I’m a bit concerned that MS would let it go public. I’m no developer but my intuition tells me that a publisher wouldn’t reveal cancelled pitches of unannounced titles if they were still planning on making them.
Have they announced plans for any future campaign DLC? I’d like to see at least 2 or 3 more campaign expansions.
Andycu5 wrote:
Y’all heard about this?

The pitch was cancelled, which is not out of the ordinary, but I’m a bit concerned that MS would let it go public. I’m no developer but my intuition tells me that a publisher wouldn’t reveal cancelled pitches of unannounced titles if they were still planning on making them.
From the sounds of the game, It sounds like it won't be anything like hw or hw2 which means that, I'm glad it got rejected. I want base building and if I wanted to play XCOM style of game, I would go to XCOM since they pull of almost perfectly
<p></p>
I don't think we need this yet. Especially with Microsoft backing an age of empires 4.

This game still has a lot of potential in terms of DLC and updates.

2v2 ranked would be a great addition to the game and would really bring more players on board.
I liked Halo Wars in 2009 and loved loved loved Halo Wars 2.

RTS' are dead I'm afraid so I do not think we will see Halo Wars 3.

This is coming from someone who plays Starcraft 2 every day and has been since 1998. Again....I want it but I do not think more than a couple 100,000 of us even play RTS' anymore.
I liked Halo Wars in 2009 and loved loved loved Halo Wars 2.

RTS' are dead I'm afraid so I do not think we will see Halo Wars 3.

This is coming from someone who plays Starcraft 2 every day and has been since 1998. Again....I want it but I do not think more than a couple 100,000 of us even play RTS' anymore.
Rts aren’t dead yet just not trending
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3