Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Halo wars 3???

OP Im Big Lingy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Halo wars 2 isn't even in the top 50 most played xbox games,hw1 had low population and still got a sequel so maybe we see a hw3
How to make a successful HW3
1) Change Hunters and cyclops from anti vehicle to heavy infantry with high Base DPS
2) Completely remove AA vehicles
3) Give Banished a vampire and UNSC an AA air unit
4) Put rebels on the mini base slots so the games on tight maps aren't decided with who has less start up lag
5) less nukes and less impactful combat passives
6) Function right trigger to scroll through army faster (I know right trigger +Y is a thing, it is not as effective)
7) ...
8) Profit
THEWALL766 wrote:
Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number one.

Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number two.

Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number three.

Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number four.

Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number five.

Six.

Seven.

Eight.

Nine.

Ten.

Eleven.

For the love of God, the Vampire was a game-breaking disaster never to be repeated. Please, don't even think of including it in any future games.
THEWALL766 wrote:
Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number one.

Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number two.

Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number three.

Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number four.

Instance of me saying Vampires are bad number five.

Six.

Seven.

Eight.

Nine.

Ten.

Eleven.

For the love of God, the Vampire was a game-breaking disaster never to be repeated. Please, don't even think of including it in any future games.
*takes deep breath, braces for angry response*

you simply saying a vampire is a bad idea does not convince me that an AA air unit is a bad idea. It doesn't need to be THE vampire, I was thinking more along the lines of how the sniper is both an infantry unit, and an anti infantry unit. I cant imagine how that would be worse than a vehicle that kills air when air is supposed to soft counter vehicles.
THEWALL766 wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:

you simply saying a vampire is a bad idea does not convince me that an AA air unit is a bad idea. It doesn't need to be THE vampire, I was thinking more along the lines of how the sniper is both an infantry unit, and an anti infantry unit. I cant imagine how that would be worse than a vehicle that kills air when air is supposed to soft counter vehicles.
The problem with AA air is that they beat both Vehicles and Air, while easily outmaneuvering Infantry. When AA is a ground unit, it can't effectively negate it's counter like that.

Covenant mirrors were miserable past early game, as it was basically you either boom to Vampires or try to timing push with Banshees before they were able to get out enough Vamps. Also, Vampires were sub-par vs UNSC because their AA beats your AA because your AA is air. Which is dumb. In my view, the Banshee upgrade in this game is only manageable because it isn't all that effective. Full pop of Hornets still beats a full pop of AA Banshees.

In a game in which both factions have AA air, it would basically be like Covie mirrors. Rush, and if that fails, boom to Vampires or try to timing push to stop it. If the timing push fails, you lose.
THEWALL766 wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:

The problem with AA air is that they beat both Vehicles and Air, while easily outmaneuvering Infantry. When AA is a ground unit, it can't effectively negate it's counter like that.

Covenant mirrors were miserable past early game, as it was basically you either boom to Vampires or try to timing push with Banshees before they were able to get out enough Vamps. Also, Vampires were sub-par vs UNSC because their AA beats your AA because your AA is air. Which is dumb. In my view, the Banshee upgrade in this game is only manageable because it isn't all that effective. Full pop of Hornets still beats a full pop of AA Banshees.

In a game in which both factions have AA air, it would basically be like Covie mirrors. Rush, and if that fails, boom to Vampires or try to timing push to stop it. If the timing push fails, you lose.
Couldn’t this be mitigated with appropriate armor and damage typing as well as making sure that infantry fully counters air units. I’m not really married to vampire, I just want viable ways to counter air that doesn’t involve making a vehicle. That was the main idea of that one bullet.
THEWALL766 wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:

AA air in its best form should take inspiration from SC2's viking, phoenix or corruptor. Each has some AG utility, but is primarily focused on AA work. I don't think anyone wants an AA air unit that also beats ground, that's just bad.
I liked Halo Wars in 2009 and loved loved loved Halo Wars 2.

RTS' are dead I'm afraid so I do not think we will see Halo Wars 3.

This is coming from someone who plays Starcraft 2 every day and has been since 1998. Again....I want it but I do not think more than a couple 100,000 of us even play RTS' anymore.
Rts aren’t dead yet just not trending
I wish I agreed with you brother. There are a couple indies coming out in 2018 but that's it.

I hope I am proved wrong though!
Andycu5 wrote:
Y’all heard about this?

The pitch was cancelled, which is not out of the ordinary, but I’m a bit concerned that MS would let it go public. I’m no developer but my intuition tells me that a publisher wouldn’t reveal cancelled pitches of unannounced titles if they were still planning on making them.
Ensemble Studios had also envisioned a sequel to Halo Wars that didn't have green light but instead we got HW 2 in another form that wasn't as originally planned

If they want to make a Halo game in Space, call Treasure and make a Gradius V look-a-like game with the lore of Halo
Now i know that people gave the devs a lot of -Yoink- for halo wars 2 but honestly i think it was a great game. i think the killer for the game was the jackrabbit spam at the launch. I honestly think that they could make a even better rts as long as theres no op units at the launch like the jack rabbit to kill off 90 percent of the player base. I honestly doubt this will be a thing but what do other people think?
Well your actually wrong, Jack rabbits were a patch after. The first op unit was still the Chopper as it was in beta and they never fixed it, so first few weeks was chopper spam and constant disconnects as matchmaking was not functioning as it should be.

I think the beta did a lot of damage firstly they forced their new mode on us for the first phase and the game crashed often, in fact its was huge effort just to get to the title screen. I had players who were 100% keen then the beta turned them off. I understand betas are a test phase, but when there that unstable they do more harm than good to potential buyers.
Hey, I found this while searching for rumors on HW3
https://kotaku.com/artist-shows-off-canceled-pitch-for-halo-wars-3-1819507983
True Draco wrote:
Hey, I found this while searching for rumors on HW3
https://kotaku.com/artist-shows-off-canceled-pitch-for-halo-wars-3-1819507983
This was mentioned on the first page :)
At this point I would be happier with another HW2 expansion, as I'm not sure what a HW3 would offer different this soon after HW2.

I am also in the camp that I would prefer a HW3 to have less dominant leader powers, but there is no guarantee that would happen. I think it likely that it would be similar to HW2, as I think strong leader powers help to equalize the PC/Xbox experiences.

An expansion could add maps, complete the story, and maybe add further advanced controls -- I think that would be just as good as a seperate HW game, which would also take some time to balance.
I played Halo Wars so much but never multiplayer. And bought Halo Wars 2 on Day One. It was a little jarring for me so it sat there on my console until recently when I realized you can play with other players vs AI. How did I miss this ? Now I can’t stop playing. Slowly My Spartan Company is coming around to it as well. If feel Halo Wars will never be a franchise that gets new games in the same cycle as main stay Halo games or C.O.D. Etc. but don’t count out a sequel just yet. Critically this game has reviewed well. Sales not quite there but can be achieved over time. At least the way I see it.
I would play a Halo Wars 3, however I don't think 2 really lit up the gaming world enough to really warrant it.
Zildjians wrote:
At this point I would be happier with another HW2 expansion, as I'm not sure what a HW3 would offer different this soon after HW2.

I am also in the camp that I would prefer a HW3 to have less dominant leader powers, but there is no guarantee that would happen. I think it likely that it would be similar to HW2, as I think strong leader powers help to equalize the PC/Xbox experiences.

An expansion could add maps, complete the story, and maybe add further advanced controls -- I think that would be just as good as a seperate HW game, which would also take some time to balance.
I am so 100000% with you.

If there is a Halo Wars 3 on the horizon, I would rather to be a game that has a big ¨jump¨ to offer just like HW1 to HW2. For that I think we need time.

I could rather so hard to have a new Expansion. With a new campaign (finishing some business), more maps, maybe two more leaders (not sure if I want more). Maybe even some cinema mode, or build maps mode. Something fresh you know. But with the HW2 essence.
Halo wars 2 isn't even in the top 50 most played xbox games,hw1 had low population and still got a sequel so maybe we see a hw3
How can I see the rank of most played games?

I mean, do you know the rank of Star Craft 2 LOL. No, seriously, RTS games are only 4% of the industry. Did you know that? Still I love HW2. It is a frigging outstanding game, 9 out of 10 for me.
BlinxESP wrote:
How can I see the rank of most played games?

I mean, do you know the rank of Star Craft 2 LOL. No, seriously, RTS games are only 4% of the industry. Did you know that? Still I love HW2. It is a frigging outstanding game, 9 out of 10 for me.
Why would I know the rank of star craft 2? Firstly,I don't play it,and second I said xbox games.Nothing in my comment said anything about the quality of the game,it is a good game, but if your not even in the top 50 most played XBOX games then your total population is somewhere between 2 to 4 thousand if even that.And idk if they would put that many resources into a game with that small of a fan base again
Uhhh why not?? Atriox is still alive and what about anders meeting Cortana?? I mean. It is quite clear that there will be another one, can’t leave us on that huge cliffhanger, I loved the campaign and will always get halo wars, ignore all the “critics” that bash everything they see. Because that’s there “job” it’s sad...
I think if there is going to be a Halo wars 3, rather than having certain points to where you can have your base, you should be able to put buildings anywhere on the map. So for example you can make some type of construction unit that builds buildings and turrets for you anywhere you want so you can customize how you want your bases more for offensive or defensive planning.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3