Skip to main content
HALO WARS THREE
There's no doubt that halo games usually come in trilogies, "Original Trilogy and the soon to be Reclaimer Trilogy", what's there stopping 343i from adding two trilogies to the first, making (I'm sorry but) a trilogy of trilogies!!! Let me get to the point, HW3 would be perfect considering the fact HW2 kinda left on a cliffhanger (Obviously, I guess I'm stating the obvious here, sorry). HW3 can tie up all loose ends and if done well enough may even leave space for halo wars 4,5 and infin- uh. With that stupid joke aside I hope you got my point. In HW3 you can have campaign factions and fanservice factions (such as Cortana and what not ;) ) but I'd like to propose a third genera of factions, Customizable Factions with their roots (Mechanics) based into an already existing faction, kinda like character customization in Soulcalibur, where you can make a character that looks like maxi use Ivy's weapon and skill set, basically what I mean is make use one faction's design while using another's skills and what not (Instead of suicide grunts have a unsc drone or whatever.) While having one faction's design and the other's skill set you could also design their color schemes personally. To take it one step further you could have us design an entire faction for ourselves, not making the character models or anything but like having a mixture of troops buildings ect. You could have the ai play as them and what not. Also please please PLEEEEAAAAASSSEEEEEE make the flood playable. I have some ideas for that actually. Have the flood start off with an extreme amount of troop capacity and make the flood have no vehicles. The only way the flood gets vehicles is by taking over enemy vehicles, makes sense and sounds simple enough. Every troop taken over by the flood has it's health significantly reduced (Sounds Familiar Right?). I believe the flood could make matches very suspenseful, on edge and lot's of fun. Just imagine the flanking possibilities and what not.

Thank You For Reading
Please leave comments about how you'd have it and any other opinions.
-MistOfCrunch
I got a mod for you if you want to play as the flood
Gotta wait to see how the universe looks like after Infinite first I guess. Also there's a book series that follows the aftermath of the Wars plot, so that might also prime it.
Teach me how to install the "M" word on HWDE
HW3 sounds like something that is going to happen for sure. I also really want the flood to be playable, Halo Wars 1 IMO is in the top 3 halo games and spirit of fire from that game is my favorite halo theme.
Teach me how to install the "M" word on HWDE
Flood is cool. Has always been
I really really hope that there will be a HW3. It is a perfect Halo Spin-off and pretty much the only good console RTS game. And I agree, they should add more factions. Flood, Prometheans, maybe even the insurrectionists from Halo Wars 1. Imagine a 3 vs 3 vs 3 with 3 different factions.
I join the conversation, I am a fan of this HW series, I dreamed that one day Halo wars 3 would see the light of day, it is true that the idea of creating your own factions or even adding them in the games would be great. For me an incredible idea would be to be able to alternate between the third person mode and the first person mode to be really in full combat, also to fight on a very large scale with a huge map for example 10 against 10 on monstrous maps of large size to first person, let's also talk about space combat, the choice of space units would be great in the halo universe, the capital ship fights would be incredible, the management of troops on the ground and in space would be epic.
These are just guesses and ideas at the moment, but I imagine it as Halo Wars 3, feel free to come up with your ideas and who knows, maybe the developers will be inspired. (:
I join the conversation, I am a fan of this HW series, I dreamed that one day Halo wars 3 would see the light of day, it is true that the idea of creating your own factions or even adding them in the games would be great. For me an incredible idea would be to be able to alternate between the third person mode and the first person mode to be really in full combat, also to fight on a very large scale with a huge map for example 10 against 10 on monstrous maps of large size to first person, let's also talk about space combat, the choice of space units would be great in the halo universe, the capital ship fights would be incredible, the management of troops on the ground and in space would be epic.
These are just guesses and ideas at the moment, but I imagine it as Halo Wars 3, feel free to come up with your ideas and who knows, maybe the developers will be inspired. (:
You are a smart man
I'm lately almost always of the opinion a sequel is less appealing than just expanding on the features of the current game, if it is at all possible. Of course, Halo Wars 2 being also a console game is more limited in that capability to begin with.

So what sort of feature would make a sequel appealing to me? Something that would also follow in the footsteps of Halo itself. Essentially, Forge Mode.
HW1 was like Halo 1, realizing a good way to play a genre on consoles that was mostly limited to PC before.
HW2 was like Halo 2, bringing it to online multiplayer (sure, HW1 had online multiplayer but it was pretty limited in comparison).
Likewise, Forge Mode was realized in Halo 3, allowing console players to design their own maps.