4. ...
  5. 3
zachula5 wrote:
Would be great if it had forge.
Why a forge?
zachula5 wrote:
Why a forge?
I think he means Forge mode. No sergeant Forge.
zachula5 wrote:
Why a forge?
That is what I meant
zachula5 wrote:
Why a forge?
That is what I meant
Oh. Well, wouldn’t it be cool to design your own Skirmish map? That’s awesome
zachula5 wrote:
Why a forge?
That is what I meant
Oh. Well, wouldn’t it be cool to design your own Skirmish map? That’s awesome
Yeah, it'll be cool
I never really was into halo wars. But I do hope theres a 3rd because I know there is a big population on it.
There's one gameplay mechanic I would love to see added in Halo Wars 3 that I believed would not be possible to develop, UNTIL NOW! Since the first game and now Halo Wars 2, any time I saw a Scarab on the battlefield I would begin to wish I could click on a Spartan unit, go in first person mode, and take the scarab out from the inside as in Halo 2 and 3.

There is a game that released a few years ago that I just discovered titled "Call to Arms". It's an RTS that ACTUALLY allows users to select a unit and control it in first person. In it's most basic form, players in Halo Wars 3 would be able to control a Spartan or Elite in the same way of Halo 2 and 3. Improving on that level of control, there could be a key or D-Pad button that would ping a target for local or all units in the player's field of view to attack and allow a player to still engage in the RTS mechanic. It would not be at the full efficiency or advantage of the RTS viewpoint but the player would have an advantage in combat as players could outsmart AI units on the battlefield. Also, it would be something new and fun. Ultimately, I like having fun when playing video games and other RTS sequels never really add something new besides new maps and units with minor changes.

A forge mode would be cool though. All maps in Halo Wars games begin with teams on opposite ends of the map. It would be interesting to see someone create shape based maps with inner-outer mechanics. A 2v2 map would be a circle, with one team starting in the "inner" circle and the other on opposite sides the "outer" circle. The teams would fight for control of the middle ring. A 3v3 map would work similar with an inner and outer triangle with a middle ring with extra bases. And maybe a 4v4 map as a square, with teams taking up corners. I mostly play 2v2 and 3v3 but there are a few times my friends and I wish we had at least 3 4v4 maps.
There's one gameplay mechanic I would love to see added in Halo Wars 3 that I believed would not be possible to develop, UNTIL NOW! Since the first game and now Halo Wars 2, any time I saw a Scarab on the battlefield I would begin to wish I could click on a Spartan unit, go in first person mode, and take the scarab out from the inside as in Halo 2 and 3.

There is a game that released a few years ago that I just discovered titled "Call to Arms". It's an RTS that ACTUALLY allows users to select a unit and control it in first person. In it's most basic form, players in Halo Wars 3 would be able to control a Spartan or Elite in the same way of Halo 2 and 3. Improving on that level of control, there could be a key or D-Pad button that would ping a target for local or all units in the player's field of view to attack and allow a player to still engage in the RTS mechanic. It would not be at the full efficiency or advantage of the RTS viewpoint but the player would have an advantage in combat as players could outsmart AI units on the battlefield. Also, it would be something new and fun. Ultimately, I like having fun when playing video games and other RTS sequels never really add something new besides new maps and units with minor changes.

A forge mode would be cool though. All maps in Halo Wars games begin with teams on opposite ends of the map. It would be interesting to see someone create shape based maps with inner-outer mechanics. A 2v2 map would be a circle, with one team starting in the "inner" circle and the other on opposite sides the "outer" circle. The teams would fight for control of the middle ring. A 3v3 map would work similar with an inner and outer triangle with a middle ring with extra bases. And maybe a 4v4 map as a square, with teams taking up corners. I mostly play 2v2 and 3v3 but there are a few times my friends and I wish we had at least 3 4v4 maps.
I like the first part of being able to be in first person to see the scarab when it gets killed.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
I got a mod for you if you want to play as the flood
Nice man did you like to infected others! :)
I kind of hope HW3 is handed to Relic Entertainment much like AoE4 was but only if the Relic partnership with AoE4 and HW3 doesn't become a one time thing like HW2 ended up as. I'm sure there was a lot happening behind the scenes for HW2 but it felt like it was dropped pretty quickly onto 343i's lap after release and that they had no idea what to do with it in the beginning (as in, they had to learn how the tools and stuff to support the game).
I am all for playable flood maybe you can have a thing like spatan boarding for taking over vehicles and be able to train spore clouds to infect infantry
HW3 doesn't need a forge mode, it needs to give players the ability to build structures detached from their main base.

Creating forge mode would require an enormous investment of programmers' time that is not justified by the amount of players who would go on to use it.
HW3 doesn't need a forge mode, it needs to give players the ability to build structures detached from their main base. Creating forge mode would require an enormous investment of programmers' time that is not justified by the amount of players who would go on to use it.
I see what you are saying but some people want a forge mode and im not one of them
Halo infinite is kind of continuing Halo Wars 2, if they made 3 it would probably be a prequel now
I could definitely see Halo Wars 3, It'd be really cool if they had Forge as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3