Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo wars being a cashgrab

OP destroyer2367

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello guys I think halo wars and halo wars 2 is a bit of a cash grab, and let me explain why:
1. Halo wars is a poor attempt at trying to mimic something like league of legends
2. Halo originated as a first person shooter so why try something different stick with what your good at and work on your current genre before expanding to others
So yeah I would like to know your guys thoughts on halo wars and why I am wrong or right.
Hello guys I think halo wars and halo wars 2 is a bit of a cash grab, and let me explain why:
No, it isn't. It intended to make a profit as are all products put out, but 'cash grab' has obvious negative implications that simply put don't apply.

Quote:
1. The guy is a poor attempt at trying to mimic something like league of legends
Halo wars came out before league of legends.
Quote:
2. Halo originated as a first person shooter so why try something different stick with what your good at and work on your current genre before expanding to others
So yeah I would like to know your guys thoughts on halo wars and why I am wrong or right.
That isn't correct. CE become an FPS, but that wasn't originally the game they set out to make. Halo was originally intended to be an RTS released for the mac.

If you're going to make claims at least google the thing you're making a claim about.
I don't think you could be anymore wrong on anything, the only problem this game has is it's clearly rushed and just not cared for anymore.

But atleast do some proper research and try to be right about it next time.
Mimic something like League of Legends? Last I checked Halo Wars 1 was released before LoL
1. The guy is a poor attempt at trying to mimic something like league of legends
You are exactly right. HW1 wasn't a cash grab, but HW2 was just rushed (so maybe). If you think releasing a new CoD is a cash grab then HW2 is somewhat similar

Also DOTA > LOL
EiTeNeR wrote:
You are exactly right. HW1 wasn't a cash grab, but HW2 was just rushed (so maybe). If you think releasing a new CoD is a cash grab then HW2 is somewhat similar

Also DOTA > LOL
That is like comparing oranges and apples. One series has two developers on it with an almost yearly release whereas the other one only has one developer working in partnership. The idea for a sequel had been a thing since the release of the first Halo Wars game hence the achievement "Ready For the Sequel". Ensemble had started talking about making a sequel just before Microsoft shut the studio down.
Soa franchise stretching over multiple genres makes it an cash grab? Did you also know that there also was a Halo MMORPG in the works too before it got cancelled?

Halo wars came out before league of legends.

If you're going to make claims at least google the thing you're making a claim about.
Mimic something like League of Legends? Last I checked Halo Wars 1 was released before LoL
Not to mention that halo wars isnt even remotely similar to any MOBA game
A lot of people don't realise that making an RTS (especially a console one) is a massive risk. If Microsoft/343 really wanted to make a "cashgrab", there's better ways to go about it.
League of legends? They aren’t exactly the same. They are almost extremely completely different. Like for real different. If they actually had someone to work on it this game, it would be nice. They’ve abandoned it many many moons ago and we are left with a game that isn’t complete and loves to black screen
EiTeNeR wrote:

Also DOTA > LOL
Call of duty is a superior shooter game and is not a cash grab. It's probably the best shooter game in history.
1. Halo wars is a poor attempt at trying to mimic something like league of legends
You are entirely right halo wars is a cash grab there was not that much time put into a game like halo which should be good but as for COD it is a superior shooter, I don't know why people see cod as a cash grab and a bad game when it is the most epic shooter (fps) in history.
You are entirely right halo wars is a cash grab there was not that much time put into a game like halo which should be good but as for COD it is a superior shooter, I don't know why people see cod as a cash grab and a bad game when it is the most epic shooter (fps) in history.
Because they're all the same game with slightly better graphics and recycled content every year and constant bugs.
While I agree COD is a good video game series with a good first few games the newest games aren't too good and are just hot trash for example COD: Ghost. I think the developers of COD should add more flair like advanced warfare but people didn't take the new ideas very well, which is why it is recycled because they are sticking with what the fans want.
I don't think you could be anymore wrong on anything, the only problem this game has is it's clearly rushed and just not cared for anymore.
While OP is indeed laughably wrong about everything idk if I'd say the game was clearly rushed. A lot of issues it had at launch were shored up with patches that quickly came after the game was out for a little while, and yeah sure its its support has come to a close 2 years later, but that's still an awesome amount of time for any game to receive support, so its hard to be mad at that.
Bruh moment.

Halo Wars came before LoL.
LoL isn't a RTS it's a MOBA. Know the difference.
Halo was meant to first be a RTS for the Mac
Making an RTS on Xbox twice is a terrible attempt to ''Cash Grab''

What manner of clownery made you believe all these things?
Hey guys I'm back and I want to clarify some things. My main point is that I hate halo wars and that I think it is a terrible game. I realise I have made a mistake posting on the halo wars forum as they are obviously going to be biased against my opinion. Also when I said that halo wars mimics LoL I was saying that it mimicked world of Warcraft and not lol I forgot what lol was and also I said say why I'm wrong or right I didn't say harass me. I never knew the halo community could be this toxic.
Bruh moment.

Halo Wars came before LoL.
LoL isn't a RTS it's a MOBA. Know the difference.
Halo was meant to first be a RTS for the Mac
Making an RTS on Xbox twice is a terrible attempt to ''Cash Grab''

What manner of clownery made you believe all these things?
What do you mean believe? You mean what made you have this opinion? Also why would I need to know that halo was gonna be a rts for the mac? All I said was that halo originated as a fps and by that I mean there first game was a fps I didn't mean it originated as in concept wise.
All I said was that halo originated as a fps and by that I mean there first game was a fps I didn't mean it originated as in concept wise.

also I forgot to quote but it is meant for comedic hermit
LoL and HW/HW2 are VERY different games. Comparing them is like comparing Fallout to Halo .
Hey guys I'm back and I want to clarify some things. My main point is that I hate halo wars and that I think it is a terrible game. I realise I have made a mistake posting on the halo wars forum as they are obviously going to be biased against my opinion. Also when I said that halo wars mimics LoL I was saying that it mimicked world of Warcraft and not lol I forgot what lol was and also I said say why I'm wrong or right I didn't say harass me. I never knew the halo community could be this toxic.
It's still nothing like WoW either my dude. It's an RTS, LoL and WoW are not an RTS.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2