Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo wars being a cashgrab

OP destroyer2367

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello guys I think halo wars and halo wars 2 is a bit of a cash grab, and let me explain why:
1. Halo wars is a poor attempt at trying to mimic something like league of legends
2. Halo originated as a first person shooter so why try something different stick with what your good at and work on your current genre before expanding to others
So yeah I would like to know your guys thoughts on halo wars and why I am wrong or right.
Well you're absolutely wrong for so many reasons but I'll explain why.

1. Halo originally started out as an RTS, then became a TPS, then eventually FPS. If anything Halo is going back to its roots. Which happens when a franchise becomes big.
2. League of Legends and Halo Wars do not even play or act the same. The only thing I can think of that's similar is Blitz and even that is completely different with the leveling up your cards compared to destroying a person's tower and nexus. There isn't even a jungler role in Halo Wars 1 or 2.
3. Halo Wars was in development before LoL so yeah, I don't know what you're really getting at.
Hey guys I'm back and I want to clarify some things. My main point is that I hate halo wars and that I think it is a terrible game. I realise I have made a mistake posting on the halo wars forum as they are obviously going to be biased against my opinion. Also when I said that halo wars mimics LoL I was saying that it mimicked world of Warcraft and not lol I forgot what lol was and also I said say why I'm wrong or right I didn't say harass me. I never knew the halo community could be this toxic.
It's still nothing like WoW either my dude. It's an RTS, LoL and WoW are not an RTS.
If he really wants to compare something to LoL, compare SMITE, not Halo Wars.
I don't think you could be anymore wrong on anything, the only problem this game has is it's clearly rushed and just not cared for anymore.
While OP is indeed laughably wrong about everything idk if I'd say the game was clearly rushed. A lot of issues it had at launch were shored up with patches that quickly came after the game was out for a little while, and yeah sure its its support has come to a close 2 years later, but that's still an awesome amount of time for any game to receive support, so its hard to be mad at that.
It took them a year to fix most the major issues like losing all your save data, game redownloading itself after every content update.
The game was left in a horrible state, still many bugs, bad unit pathing, insanely bad balancing being the biggest where the game isn't fun, if you're gonna leave a game at least have it in a good spot
I don't think you could be anymore wrong on anything, the only problem this game has is it's clearly rushed and just not cared for anymore.
While OP is indeed laughably wrong about everything idk if I'd say the game was clearly rushed. A lot of issues it had at launch were shored up with patches that quickly came after the game was out for a little while, and yeah sure its its support has come to a close 2 years later, but that's still an awesome amount of time for any game to receive support, so its hard to be mad at that.
It took them a year to fix most the major issues like losing all your save data, game redownloading itself after every content update.
The game was left in a horrible state, still many bugs, bad unit pathing, insanely bad balancing being the biggest where the game isn't fun, if you're gonna leave a game at least have it in a good spot
I agree the game is very buggy and glitchy and doesn't feel polished.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2