Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

halo wars character captain cutter

OP MaxPrimoDude

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
okey if you haven't seen the new trailer for halo wars 2 this is about that.

when I watched e3 not so long ago. I was like I can't wait to see what halo stuff thay will show..

but I wanted to ask you guys...

what do you think of captain cutter's new look?
The new trailer was really cool. Can't say I'm a massive fan of Cutters new look though. It feels like they've redesigned him to be a younger more handsome guy, as opposed to him being the chiselled and grizzled old veteran like he is in Halo Wars 1. I don't mind the redesign but I'd have preferred they have made him a new character instead of retconning the old one, since this new Cutter feels way more like forge than Cutter from HW1, and he doesn't really seem to fit the backstory of Cutter at all.
The new trailer was really cool. Can't say I'm a massive fan of Cutters new look though. It feels like they've redesigned him to be a younger more handsome guy, as opposed to him being the chiselled and grizzled old veteran like he is in Halo Wars 1. I don't mind the redesign but I'd have preferred they have made him a new character instead of retconning the old one, since this new Cutter feels way more like forge than Cutter from HW1, and he doesn't really seem to fit the backstory of Cutter at all.
Gotta agree, except i do mind the redesign, just feels like 343 changing for the sake of changing, just like they did with the new Halo 5 Rocket Launcher, luckily they brought the old one back.
They might've changed his look because they couldn't get the old voice actor? Luckily in-game it sounds kinda like Cutter, still wish they kept that grizzled look, now he's just some samey looking space captain.
I follow up until the bolded text. Cutter hasn't said a single word or indicated anything that his personality changed. He certainly looks younger, but I don't see how he doesn't fit his backstory.
The Banished look great, but Captain Cutter - what the hell did they do to you! He looks younger, man they keep changing art styles so that the game is ever so bright, I want a grim halo game with gore, halo is a 16 rated game so they should make it appeal to teens and adults.
i think this overall look was like fine but i also think his face was like to smooth...
like i think it would make more sens if he hade more wrinkles
in his face.
I really like the new look for the character. He look cool. But I don't like how this new good looking son of a -Yoink- is supposed to be Cpt Cutter.
I really like the new look for the character. He look cool. But I don't like how this new good looking son of a -Yoink- is supposed to be Cpt Cutter.
yea i geuss thats how i feel abot it to..
He looks pretty decent but I really liked the old one better by a long shot.
If I'm reading this correctly.. Halo wars 2 takes after halo 5 guardians so 2558. He was born in 2479... He is roughly 79 years and maybe shaving off some years in cryo sleep so maybe 60s? Man he looks like he's in his 30s..
yea u dont age in cryo but his over all look... in the first game he looked like a older captain with years of experians, but he looks a bitt younger then before the only thing i think would be better is some wrinkels and it would make more sens.
Some say it's the cryo-sleep.
Others say it's just the angle, or even the lighting.
We all know it's the hat. I really want one too*
Like... it's a really really good hat.
It makes him look younger... ...less 'brutish'.

*A high quality replica hat would be awesome. Waypoint can you please commission official merch?)
To be perfectly honest I can't stand the new Cutter. He is way more generic now. Whenever he introduces himself I yell back at the tv "No you're not" and promptly replace him in my mind with the real Cutter.
Habadah wrote:
Some say it's the cryo-sleep.
Others say it's just the angle, or even the lighting.
We all know it's the hat. I really want one too*
Like... it's a really really good hat.
It makes him look younger... ...less 'brutish'.

*A high quality replica hat would be awesome. Waypoint can you please commission official merch?)
Agreed. It's the hat. <3
He looks so YOUNG... WHY DIDNT THIS GET FIXED BEFORE? this feels like a non-cannon story. Unless this is a prequel story, this doesn't make sense. then again, Spartan Douglas or the one who got shot in the trailer so if this is a prequel then Im gonna be very confused.... Unless Microsoft made this one too. Please no more false advertising Microsoft, we don't want another upset
I like it actually
I wonder what beauty product he's been using on his skin though...
guys this is the first result remember by the time it releases in 2017 in could look way diffenrt
It's the hat man. The hat!

Here. I made this for everyone: http://tinyurl.com/CuttersHat
Habadah wrote:
It's the hat man. The hat!

Here. I made this for everyone: http://tinyurl.com/CuttersHat
the hat looks just the same...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2