Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars Code not working for anyone else? SOLVED

OP Adam of 360

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Anyone else get their code and when trying to redeem you get an error?
Never been from such a high when I saw the message from xbox live to such a low when it's yet another error.

Ah well.

Edit: Entering the code on Xbox.com works, enter it there > go to xbox > My Games & Apps > Ready to Install > Install.
Thanks Morpheus183 & Speedman100 for the tip!
Yeah same with me
Same, Im disappointed at 343
Redeem it on Xbox.com and it works
I had the same problem when I tried to redeem the code through the "redeem code" link on xbox.com with a copy and paste. I then just clicked directly on the message containing the redeem code and it brought up a separate "purchase" for the pre-paid code which worked. It is downloading now.

Give it a try.
Yeah I tried that also doesn't work for me
I had the same problem when I tried to redeem the code through the "redeem code" link on xbox.com with a copy and paste. I then just clicked directly on the message containing the redeem code and it brought up a separate "purchase" for the pre-paid code which worked. It is downloading now.

Give it a try.
Thanks this worked for me
Code no worky gave a message when trying to redeem "Yo Dawg, we heard you wanna play HW:DE but try again later right now is NO BUENO!" Presuming the codes don't validate till noon or later PST?

Give it a try.
Thanks, it worked on my first try when opening the message and clicking on "redeem code" there.
Gives me exact error code that I get on my Xbox one

Give it a try.
This worked for me too, thanks man!
Holy -Yoink-. God forbid it doesn't go flawlessly. Give me a break. Relax, you're getting it early anyway, stop crying.
Holy -Yoink-. God forbid it doesn't go flawlessly. Give me a break. Relax, you're getting it early anyway, stop crying.
Could be an Xbox Issue, 343 don't flick the switch. They do.
My code does not work eather in any of the ways
Ok good I'm not the only one
Nope, hasn't worked for me wherever i enter the code. Sure it'll be working soon though
Again, don't type the code in.

Go here:
Xbox.com > My Xbox > Messages > Click on the redeem code in the message
It should then bring up a pre-paid code "purchase" screen. Once this completes then you can access from your ready to install queue.

Good luck.
Again, don't type the code in.

Go here:
Xbox.com > My Xbox > Messages > Click on the redeem code in the message
It should then bring up a pre-paid code "purchase" screen. Once this completes then you can access from your ready to install queue.

Good luck.
Thanks that actually worked!
No good it didn't work for me.
USE PREPAID CODE
Success!
You now own Halo Wars: Definitive Edition.
This will automatically install on your home Xbox. If your Xbox is on or is set to Instant-on, automatic updates and purchases are on, and it has enough space, it’ll start the download. If you'd like to change your home Xbox, on that console, go to Settings > Personalization > My home Xbox. To change your power options, go to Settings > Power mode & startup.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! See you on the battlefield tonight!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2