Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars Collection

OP Qwerty polopus

I understand there's been some public statements about no plans for HW3 but I wonder if we'll ever see 343i re-release both HW1: Definitive Edition & HW2: Complete Edition in a bundle ala MCC. I think it would be a cool way to recycle a lot of the work whilst providing a new hub for that sort of content, consolidating the playerbase and generally allowing everyone to revisit some good old fashioned Halo fun (But please sell it on Steam lol). Is this a more realistic ask then HW3 at this point?
Maybe down the road but I still think that whatever direction the future of HW takes it will be after a year or so post launch of Infinite.
Halo Wars 2 is still fairly relevant, so I don’t see them adding them together bundled, especially since HW DE is already bundled with HW2
UK1V wrote:
Halo Wars 2 is still fairly relevant, so I don’t see them adding them together bundled, especially since HW DE is already bundled with HW2
Is it really? I never knew. I guess that's like halfway to where I'm talking about, but a consolidated UI would be interesting for both games.
UK1V wrote:
Is it really? I never knew. I guess that's like halfway to where I'm talking about, but a consolidated UI would be interesting for both games.
I assume you mean a game that houses both versions within it? If so then I may have mistaken what you meant initially. HW DE comes with HW2 but isn’t within the same game, they’re still two seperate entities.
UK1V wrote:
UK1V wrote:
I assume you mean a game that houses both versions within it? If so then I may have mistaken what you meant initially. HW DE comes with HW2 but isn’t within the same game, they’re still two seperate entities.
No yeah exactly basically imagine the shared UI experience of MCC except it’s just HW1+HW2, like the same game.
UK1V wrote:
UK1V wrote:
No yeah exactly basically imagine the shared UI experience of MCC except it’s just HW1+HW2, like the same game.
Don't see it happening unfortunately. As passionate and active as the HW population are, it's just too small to make this truly viable. Even HWDE's steam perfroamnce didn't set the world alight sadly.
Maybe down the road but I still think that whatever direction the future of HW takes it will be after a year or so post launch of Infinite.
Good idea