Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars DE Release Date/Time?

OP Holy Protoss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
THe game itself isn't due for full release until February, what everyone is getting now amounts to 'Early Access'
Quote:
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is being released as an Early Access game beginning December 20, 2016. While the game is a complete experience, we are considering this initial availability “Early Access”, as there are some tweaks and improvements that will be made to the game as we support Halo Wars: Definitive Edition over the coming months.
Over the next 7 to 10 days everyone will get their code and be able to play.
No code for me yet, pre ordered August 1st.
Even if we just got a time on 20th december the time it should give out the codes as everyone is in a different time zone.
I'm annoyed, but at the moment I'm currently playing the original halo wars on my xbone to get me prepared. Also from the PC comparison it doesn't look like much has changed, sadly.
Please let me play this game finally...
stckrboy wrote:
THe game itself isn't due for full release until February, what everyone is getting now amounts to 'Early Access'
Quote:
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is being released as an Early Access game beginning December 20, 2016. While the game is a complete experience, we are considering this initial availability “Early Access”, as there are some tweaks and improvements that will be made to the game as we support Halo Wars: Definitive Edition over the coming months.
Why release two Halo Wars games in the same month?
Mario12693 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
Why release two Halo Wars games in the same month?
Thats good question and even they can't answer I guess :D
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It said on screen which I am reading now access to Halo Wars Definitive Edition on 20th December I dont care wht the small print bollocks says about 10 days. Why give a date if your never going to give the game to people on that date. Disgusting behaviour and ive never playedHalo Wars but I was going to give it a try think ill contact support now and reverse my purchase not waiting till the 30th for a game advertised as the 20th
It said on screen which I am reading now access to Halo Wars Definitive Edition on 20th December I dont care wht the small print bollocks says about 10 days. Why give a date if your never going to give the game to people on that date. Disgusting behaviour and ive never playedHalo Wars but I was going to give it a try think ill contact support now and reverse my purchase not waiting till the 30th for a game advertised as the 20th
Just wait, give them this day to sort it out.
Hopefully I get a code. I preordered on June 20 lol. I think that was either during the beta or right after.
I think in 2 hours they will start to send keys (I sincerely hope with my whole body)
Well updates can happen at 10am PST so 6pm UK time perhaps, one can only hope.
The game was advertised as being available beginning December 20th and so far in all marketing it has stated that codes will start rolling out today and continue over the next 7 to 10 days. The game itself isn't scheduled for release until February, what you're getting right now is early access to it before the full release
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-wars-2-ultimate-edition-pre-order/bscng6rgs4n5
Quote:
Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition includes early access to the full game on February 17, 2017; early access to Halo Wars: Definitive Edition beginning December 20, 2016*;
As HWDE is marked as being DLC / Bundle for Halo Wars 2, the tokens will likely be to supercede that and allow downloading the game earlier than should be allowed normally
stckrboy wrote:
The game was advertised as being available beginning December 20th and so far in all marketing it has stated that codes will start rolling out today and continue over the next 7 to 10 days. The game itself isn't scheduled for release until February, what you're getting right now is early access to it before the full release
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-wars-2-ultimate-edition-pre-order/bscng6rgs4n5
Quote:
Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition includes early access to the full game on February 17, 2017; early access to Halo Wars: Definitive Edition beginning December 20, 2016*;
As HWDE is marked as being DLC / Bundle for Halo Wars 2, the tokens will likely be to supercede that and allow downloading the game earlier than should be allowed normally
Thanks! Clearly explained WHY we need keys for it ;)
I preorderd the game late, but i want it right meow. I hate that it its advertised all over xbox, but i dont have the code yet.
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
It is stated that you get the code 7-10 days after you pre-order starting December 20th, not 7-10 days after December 20th. So anyone who pre-ordering the Digital HW2 Ultimate Edition 7-10 days ago or before then should be getting there code today. I pre-ordered on December 2nd so I should be getting the code today.
I got my code this afternoon, but it had trouble accepting it for a few hours
Wait a minute did I just hear someone say that if you preordered Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition a day after December 20 that we don't receive a code period. I'm not angry but I am going to be disappointed if what was said is true): Cause I just preordered today.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3