Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] halo wars good or bad??

OP iKatastor

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Personally I kinda think that halo wars was a little lame, but that's just my opinion, I really dont like to play these kind of games, and the fact that halo has one, it is so different than other halo games, but it was a pretty popular game, so i assume it was good enough to get a second game. Right??
Best RTS game on a console ever and frankly the cut scenes alone made it worth owning.
iKatastor wrote:
Personally I kinda think that halo wars was a little lame, but that's just my opinion, I really dont like to play these kind of games, and the fact that halo has one, it is so different than other halo games, but it was a pretty popular game, so i assume it was good enough to get a second game. Right??
Fair enough. RTS isn't for everyone.
Yes, it's generally considered to be the only successful console RTS due to its streamlined style of play and control. It doesn't bog itself down with overly-complex menus and commands that are normally seen in PC RTS's. Not that they are too complex in general, but if they were simply ported over to console forcing the player to navigate them with only a controller they would be.

It's an RTS that was built specifically for console, and not a port. That's what lead to its success. Having Halo in the title helped some too. But it's not like that was Ensemble's choice.
Im gonna have to give halo wars 2 a try and hopefully i'll like that a bit more. It probably is one of the better RTS games out there.
If you don't like, there's no need to try and force yourself into enjoying it. You don't need to be a fan of all things Halo.
The cutscenes were AMAZING. But I don't remember playing a whole lot of it otherwise.
I'll go ahead and be 'that guy' and say its a bad RTS, but in its defense, its on the consoles...

But its a fun game, so fun. I loved it. Brilliant game, so happy 2 is coming.
I'll go ahead and be 'that guy' and say its a bad RTS, but in its defense, its on the consoles...

"Its bad a RTS" | "Brilliant game"

Which is it? Bad or brilliant? No one is saying it's the best RTS out there. But it was the best RTS on console, and it worked relatively well in its stripped down form.

"Its bad a RTS" | "Brilliant game"

Which is it? Bad or brilliant? No one is saying it's the best RTS out there. But it was the best RTS on console, and it worked relatively well in its stripped down form.
Its a bad RTS game. But its a good Halo game, if you disagree with this, you're dumb.
"Best RTS on console" you sound like a fanboy at best.
--I wouldn't be surprised.
Its a bad RTS game. But its a good Halo game, if you disagree with this, you're dumb.
Lovely argument - "If you diasgree with this, you're dumb." - I'd agree I'm quite the fan of Halo Wars, flaws and all. What makes it a good Halo game, but a bad RTS?

The "Best RTS on console" is pretty well a fact, and less so opinion (although of course it is still subjective). Simply read the reviews or critical analysis of Halo Wars. They mostly say the same thing about Halo Wars. It is regarded as the best RTS on console. High praise, but not too hard to come by considering its competitors. No other RTS on console has come near the success in sales or online community life-span as Halo Wars has. That further solidifies its status as Best Console RTS.

If you would care to explain why it's not the best, or what console RTS is better, I'm willing to listen.
Lovely argument - "If you diasgree with this, you're dumb." - I'd agree I'm quite the fan of Halo Wars, flaws and all. What makes it a good Halo game, but a bad RTS?

The "Best RTS on console" is pretty well a fact, and less so opinion (although of course it is still subjective). Simply read the reviews or critical analysis of Halo Wars. They mostly say the same thing about Halo Wars. It is regarded as the best RTS on console. High praise, but not too hard to come by considering its competitors. No other RTS on console has come near the success in sales or online community life-span as Halo Wars has. That further solidifies its status as Best Console RTS.

If you would care to explain why it's not the best, or what console RTS is better, I'm willing to listen.
I agree with you Rudy. I think it is the best RTS on console. The sales were pretty good
I personally hope that halo wars 2 is more like command and conquer 3 where you could build a base anywhere on the map.
I don't care much for the Halo Wars game play but it was a necessary game to explain events that lead to Halo Combat Evolved. Just wish you could pick how the game played.
I don't care much for the Halo Wars game play but it was a necessary game to explain events that lead to Halo Combat Evolved. Just wish you could pick how the game played.
Umm... how did it explain those events? Are you thinking of Halo: Reach?

Halo Wars was a self-contained story. I know it touches on the Harvest story, but it doesn't do much with it with regard to the ongoing Halo events as a whole or in relation to the FPS games.
GREAT GAME
CDAT1AD wrote:
Best RTS game on a console ever and frankly the cut scenes alone made it worth owning.
Honestly. if ANY of you think Halo wars was a good rts compared to some other games.... Your just a halo fanboy.. Simple as that.. If you dont believe me look at this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ojto49l2w
as a R.T.S gane? a bit. As a halo game? hell yes.
gameplay was fairly interesting but not that great, but cutscenes were absolutely awesome. Hope they will keep it like that, also lore was quite fitting.
well, at least lore was better than in H4.
It's a good idea. Something different.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3