Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Halo Wars or Halo Wars 2

OP ItssBlackIce

I just wanted to know what you guys think about the 2 games. Personally I like the first game the only problem I have with it is I think the scarab in the first one is a bit too strong but the games 11 years old so that's not gonna change.
I like both, but in MP I like hw2 better, no contest.
Never played the first, but it seems a hell of a lot more balanced than the second one
HW2 has massive potential but it let down by a sub-par dev team with a lack of interesting maps, units and overall design.
The first. Better maps, better campaign, better balance, oh and air units were actually well balanced. Meaning no constant air spam in team games.

One thing that annoyed me though was friendly fire. Trolls would often spawn regret out the gate then prophet beam my supply pads.
Halo Wars 1 was a lot of fun. Simple and easy to get into for people who have never played or gotten into RTS games (like myself and a few others I know) at the time.

Halo Wars 2 adds more units, which opens up a lot more options for your strategies but just enough so it's not overwhelming. Generally I'd say I prefer 2 now due to this but it can take a little bit of getting used to.

Both are great games and I'd recommend them even to people who only like the FPS Halo's. If you're an RTS fan already, don't go into it expecting a full blown, in-depth RTS experience and you'll be fine.