Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

halo wars or wars 2

OP RedNUGGETLORD

your thoughts on which is better
Personally I prefer the original overall. The first game has near perfect balance, a great story, great soundtrack, and a good campaign. In the second game I found the campaign overall to be annoying, not fun, and uninteresting. The multiplayer is really good; I'd say its a little better than the first.
LH Justin wrote:
Personally I prefer the original overall. The first game has near perfect balance, a great story, great soundtrack, and a good campaign. In the second game I found the campaign overall to be annoying, not fun, and uninteresting. The multiplayer is really good; I'd say its a little better than the first.
Please don't use halo wars and balance in the same sentence...
Thanks xD
Halo wars 2 IMO
Story , unit, fun, music , character and gameplay wise the first one . Balance wise except one or two seasons the HW2.
I liked this game for the actual balance, and (Opinion warning, sound the alarms) I feel this game had the better maps. However the story and characters in the first game were much more fleshed out. So depending on what you value more, gameplay or story, is probably going to play a big part in which game you feel is better. I personally prefer balanced gameplay so I'd say that the second game is overall better than the first.
2 by far. The first one is broken with glitches and not balanced at all.
AcE Hisoka wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
Please don't use halo wars and balance in the same sentence...
Thanks xD
Halo wars 2 IMO
Love that thought. HW1 had the best campaign and maps while HW2 has the balence.
LH Justin wrote:
Halo Wars is a near perfect balance game?...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Like AcE Hisoka says don't put Halo Wars and balance in the same sentence. But if you still think that Halo Wars is balance then I guess we can all agree that Modern Warfare 2 is the most perfectly balanced multiplayer game ever made! Which is totally not overrun by hackers.
As for me choosing between Halo Wars or Halo Wars 2 I still like Halo Wars just by a little bit.
LH Justin wrote:
Halo Wars is a near perfect balance game?...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Like AcE Hisoka says don't put Halo Wars and balance in the same sentence. But if you still think that Halo Wars is balance then I guess we can all agree that Modern Warfare 2 is the most perfectly balanced multiplayer game ever made! Which is totally not overrun by hackers.
As for me choosing between Halo Wars or Halo Wars 2 I still like Halo Wars just by a little bit.
Hey, I always thought it was fair.
LH Justin wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
Not really, in comparison to the original halo wars 300% forge is a joke. There are just to many things you can abuse in the first one.
HW1 had a more compelling campaign story, and as the first it will always be special since it was a bold idea to begin with to take Halo into the RTS genre.

However HW2 is a better RTS in terms of strategy variety, balance, and overall multi-player experience. They went a bit too far in places with leader powers in my opinion, so if there ever were to be a sequel I'd love to see more complexity in terms of units and upgrades instead.
Halo Wars II
maybe by 2552, this game will actually be balenced. Please nerf more than his passive siphon. There is way more LPs broken than that.
If the laggy command issue fixed, HW2 is the best RTS :)
AcE Hisoka wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
Not really, in comparison to the original halo wars 300% forge is a joke. There are just to many things you can abuse in the first one.
please keep it civil
AcE Hisoka wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
please keep it civil
And what exactly isn't civil for you?
halo wars 2 is better than halo wars 1
In the overall package hw2 is better. Of course the story of the first one was better and it has awesome maps but even if it's pure nostalgia, it wasn't perfect like some people think. That's my opinion at least.
AcE Hisoka wrote:
AcE Hisoka wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
please keep it civil
arguments when I just want a solid answer and explanation as to why you chose that
AcE Hisoka wrote:
AcE Hisoka wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
please keep it civil
arguments when I just want a solid answer and explanation as to why you chose that
That's a solid answer my friend not for your question but for justins statement