Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Hate Messages, and discussion of OP tactics.

OP TruthSOSeeker

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I mean, yeah, it's part of the game so use it, but I sure as hell don't like it when I run into opponents doing it...

I'm definitely not going to message people about it.
I agree. Thing is, if you DONT shield stack, you are straight away at a disadvantage, because pretty much all banished players who know about it are going to do it.
also Because if you dont shield stack your base's die in seconds.
Not true. A single shield provides significant defense. Also, you should have to defend your bases, not just throw up shields and forget about them.

Try playing as UNSC against Banished, especially Atriox. You need to fully engage Banished bases to do any damage, while Banished can walk all over you doing quick smash attacks and whittle down your econ without suffering significant losses.
I mean, yeah, it's part of the game so use it, but I sure as hell don't like it when I run into opponents doing it...

I agree. Thing is, if you DONT shield stack, you are straight away at a disadvantage, because pretty much all banished players who know about it are going to do it.
Not true. A single shield provides significant defense. Also, you should have to defend your bases, not just throw up shields and forget about them.

Try playing as UNSC against Banished, especially Atriox. You need to fully engage Banished bases to do any damage, while Banished can walk all over you doing quick smash attacks and whittle down your econ without suffering significant losses.
If they have any sort or army to attack your base a single shield lasts no time at all. If your attacking their bases when they have a full army on the loose you are doing something wrong yourself. base's shouldnt die in 5 seconds unless its in the weakened mode when its being placed.
I once got matched with the same guy 3 games in a row in 1v1, and beat him all 3 times with 3 different leaders. He then sent me a message saying I was a noob and the only reason I won was because Colony is OP. When I pointed out I beat him with 3 different leaders, he called me stupid and blocked me.

I was crying laughing. Some people will do anything to justify their loss. Because it can never be that they're bad at the game. It's always because the enemy uses cheap tactics and OP leaders.

If they have any sort or army to attack your base a single shield lasts no time at all. If your attacking their bases when they have a full army on the loose you are doing something wrong yourself. base's shouldnt die in 5 seconds unless its in the weakened mode when its being placed.
First, bases don't die in 5 seconds or even close. If anyone has weak bases to complain about, it's the UNSC and not Banished. You shouldn't be able to rely on shields to protect your base by itself. It's a delay, not it's own impregnable barrier. Oh wait, that's damn near what shield stacking does as-is.

If you attack their bases with their army present - and hiding under their shields - you will receive tremendous losses so yes, people do try to attack bases when the enemy forces aren't present.

The point you seem to miss is that Banished can defend their bases with a partial force against a full UNSC force, allowing Banished to be on the offensive while defending simultaneously. If they choose to defend with all their forces against an UNSC attack, they will easily repel the attack and come out of the engagement ready to press onto the UNSC who will no longer be in a position to attack at all let alone defend.

UNSC bases have no shield and no cloak so they instantly receive game-changing damage. But UNSC must spend time pounding through 1 or more shields that may also be cloaked and then specifically target X number of generators before even bothering attempting to damage the base. By this time their forces will have been drastically reduced by a competent banished player.

If Banished is ever losing an engagement they can just fall back to one of their impenetrable shield-havens and swing the tide there. They can also grab bases quickly, throw up shields and watch as UNSC slams their head against a brickwall trying to take them down.

First, bases don't die in 5 seconds or even close. If anyone has weak bases to complain about, it's the UNSC and not Banished. You shouldn't be able to rely on shields to protect your base by itself. It's a delay, not it's own impregnable barrier. Oh wait, that's damn near what shield stacking does as-is.

If you attack their bases with their army present - and hiding under their shields - you will receive tremendous losses so yes, people do try to attack bases when the enemy forces aren't present.

The point you seem to miss is that Banished can defend their bases with a partial force against a full UNSC force, allowing Banished to be on the offensive while defending simultaneously. If they choose to defend with all their forces against an UNSC attack, they will easily repel the attack and come out of the engagement ready to press onto the UNSC who will no longer be in a position to attack at all let alone defend.

UNSC bases have no shield and no cloak so they instantly receive game-changing damage. But UNSC must spend time pounding through 1 or more shields that may also be cloaked and then specifically target X number of generators before even bothering attempting to damage the base. By this time their forces will have been drastically reduced by a competent banished player.

If Banished is ever losing an engagement they can just fall back to one of their impenetrable shield-havens and swing the tide there. They can also grab bases quickly, throw up shields and watch as UNSC slams their head against a brickwall trying to take them down.
They can hide at maximum like 5-6 units that will almost require constant supervision to not run outside the shield and die. So them haveing a full army at their base is no excuse. If you have a decent army a base with a single shield generator will not last long. with multiple it will allow them to pull their forces from where ever they are to try to defend. The only unit that can consistently works well under a shield.cloak are blisterbacks which cant shoot air units while locked down. Unless people are just makeing a base with not buildings except for shields and a cloak then they wont have the units to repel a full assault. However if they are doing that to turtle their units you just avoid that base and attack ones that they actually need to keep makeing troops. If 8 JR's and 8 jump brutes can takeout a base with 3 shield gens and a cloak thats also defended by roughly 8 choppers then its not the "invincible" fortress you make it out to be.

They can hide at maximum like 5-6 units that will almost require constant supervision to not run outside the shield and die. So them haveing a full army at their base is no excuse. If you have a decent army a base with a single shield generator will not last long. with multiple it will allow them to pull their forces from where ever they are to try to defend. The only unit that can consistently works well under a shield.cloak are blisterbacks which cant shoot air units while locked down. Unless people are just makeing a base with not buildings except for shields and a cloak then they wont have the units to repel a full assault. However if they are doing that to turtle their units you just avoid that base and attack ones that they actually need to keep makeing troops. If 8 JR's and 8 jump brutes can takeout a base with 3 shield gens and a cloak thats also defended by roughly 8 choppers then its not the "invincible" fortress you make it out to be.
No. Stop parroting that BS number. You can put way more than 5-6 units under shields easily.

You should not be able to always save your base. If you are too far away, then rightly so you should be punished and lose it. Shield stacking removes that. You could be anywhere on the map and still come back and save your base because of shield stacking.

Obviously 1 shield will not sustain an undefended base indefinitely. That's not what it's supposed to do. You have armies for a purpose. To fight AND defend.

" If 8 JR's and 8 jump brutes can takeout a base with 3 shield gens and a cloak thats also defended by roughly 8 choppers then its not the "invincible" fortress you make it out to be."

I don't even understand where this is coming from. This most certainly can't happen as JR's have minimal damage and a small force like 8 JR's and 8 JB's aren't going to take down a 3 shielded base unless their opponent has no troops and is AFK.

You don't understand the issue for what it is.

You can't simply take out the base that makes troops as it is also going to be shielded and then additionally defended. The whole point is that destroying Banished bases becomes extremely difficult. Nearly impossible.
what does shield stacking even do I forget, I heard what it does one time but forgot about it
If you put multiple shields on a base, the shields will become stronger, thus, stacking.
I thought that team respawn tested that this is not a thing
what does shield stacking even do I forget, I heard what it does one time but forgot about it
If you put multiple shields on a base, the shields will become stronger, thus, stacking.
I thought that team respawn tested that this is not a thing
It is 100% a thing now. Shields change colours with each additional generator and noticeably take considerably more damage at each level.

It was integrated in the last patch for some god-awful reason.

No. Stop parroting that BS number. You can put way more than 5-6 units under shields easily.

You should not be able to always save your base. If you are too far away, then rightly so you should be punished and lose it. Shield stacking removes that. You could be anywhere on the map and still come back and save your base because of shield stacking.

Obviously 1 shield will not sustain an undefended base indefinitely. That's not what it's supposed to do. You have armies for a purpose. To fight AND defend.

" If 8 JR's and 8 jump brutes can takeout a base with 3 shield gens and a cloak thats also defended by roughly 8 choppers then its not the "invincible" fortress you make it out to be."

I don't even understand where this is coming from. This most certainly can't happen as JR's have minimal damage and a small force like 8 JR's and 8 JB's aren't going to take down a 3 shielded base unless their opponent has no troops and is AFK.

You can't simply take out the base that makes troops as it is also going to be shielded and then additionally defended. The whole point is that destroying Banished bases becomes extremely difficult. Nearly impossible.
I would love to see you fit that many units under a shield when the base has max buildings, and then keep them microed underneath it without loseing any. I tested shield stacking in a 2v1 schenario against heroic ai and that precise army shreded my choppers while they did doughnuts, and i tried to keep them under the shields. i know how rough it is to keep your units from leaveing the bubble anytime they have to engage an enemy unless its blisterbacks. If you wipe out their army you can easily spawn kill their troops while you destroy the base. shield or not. A condor actually make a perfect unit to snipe as long as you keep vision/decloak.
I'm done. Have fun.

I would love to see you fit that many units under a shield when the base has max buildings, and then keep them microed underneath it without loseing any. I tested shield stacking in a 2v1 schenario against heroic ai and that precise army shreded my choppers while they did doughnuts, and i tried to keep them under the shields. i know how rough it is to keep your units from leaveing the bubble anytime they have to engage an enemy unless its blisterbacks. If you wipe out their army you can easily spawn kill their troops while you destroy the base. shield or not. A condor actually make a perfect unit to snipe as long as you keep vision/decloak.
If you don't see the issue with shield stacking, I suggest looking at the Breaking the Clutch 1v1 finals.

Did you just reference a game against heroic ai to validate your opinion on balance??? Wow. Just because something is hard for you to micro does not mean that is true for the rest of the community. This is the second thread where the literal lowest CSR is disagreeing with everyone without citing any evidence. In fact a lot of it is made up like, you can only fit 5-6 units under the cloak/

So true

So true
Here's some evidence for you scholars. Let me know if you need help counting past 5.
You can use cheesy strategies until the cows come home and still have skill, even if you choose not to use it, it is still there. If someone calls your strategy something unkind, fine. That isn't an insult to you.

If someone insults you personally for your strategy, then there is a problem.
Am I like the only person who gets hate messages every 5 or so games for rushing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOUusGtzilk

Seriously, it's part of the game. Even if someone does a cheap tactic, if it's effective, why should you criticize them for doing it? If it's over powered, adjustments with nerfs/buffs can be applied to tactics, but simply dismissing the topic because it's cheap is no way to go about solving the issue.

In the video above, I used the triple shield stack on covenant bases to prevent my opponent from cracking though. I would agree that this is broken, but I wouldn't criticize someone for using it. It's part of the game, right?
Some people just don't like experiencing only 1/3rd of the content in the multiplayer.

But ya just gotta keep grindin to da top.

If you don't see the issue with shield stacking, I suggest looking at the Breaking the Clutch 1v1 finals.
I didnt say it wasnt slightly unbalanced. However just that its not the invincible fortress thats it is made out to be.

So true
Here's some evidence for you scholars. Let me know if you need help counting past 5.
So half his army being outside the shield and dieing, while he has 10 units under it and those keep trying to run out and suicide. Thus my point. Turning to insults because i dont agree that its impossible to beat is kinda funny.
Salty much?
There's no point in messaging people. Just report them for cheating and moving on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3