Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Help a new player?

OP DoctorHootCakes

So I recently got back into this game after barely playing at launch and am having alot of fun and want to get better but have no real idea how to. So im wondering if anyone can link me to any guides/videos or if anyone has any tips or advice on how i can start to learn how to play?
https://www.youtube.com/user/BreakingTheClutch/videos

Scroll through and you'll find all the HW2 1v1 videos they have going back to when the game came out, very usefull for learning how the top players play and what you're missing :)
Here is an additional all purpose guide you can use. I know there are frequent streamers of HW2 on Twitch if you want to watch them as well.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/hw2-ultimate-multiplayer-guide/9ed060f6-5efa-4608-80a6-11cff3786a27/posts

this will help you alot

Scroll through and you'll find all the HW2 1v1 videos they have going back to when the game came out, very usefull for learning how the top players play and what you're missing :)
BtC Hosticide here from Breaking the Clutch, I do regular free coaching and custom games with newer players on a regular basis. Add me!

GT: BtC Hosticide
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Glad to see positive responses for new players. I’ve jumped back after not playing since beta, and I have been STRUGGLING. The youtubers I’ve watched all dominate their games, but there’s something I’m not connecting. I can run the same or similar builds, but when the -Yoink- hits the fan and we get down to the gritty of it, if my teammate isn’t strong I get wiped. Going to go thru all of the materials referenced here.
I think everyone here has already provided you with the visual aids you need.

All I can say to contribute is play the game a lot.
So I recently got back into this game after barely playing at launch and am having alot of fun and want to get better but have no real idea how to. So im wondering if anyone can link me to any guides/videos or if anyone has any tips or advice on how i can start to learn how to play?
Play as much as u can.
Play the campaign or custom games and if you need help with Blitz play Blitz Firefight.
Play the campaign or custom games and if you need help with Blitz play Blitz Firefight.
A word of warning, though: Campaign is a little rough on Halo Wars 2 (difficulty-wise).
omarlotrc wrote:
A word of warning, though: Campaign is a little rough on Halo Wars 2 (difficulty-wise).
He is right I had to turn it down to easy on the last 3 or so missions to beat it.
omarlotrc wrote:
He is right I had to turn it down to easy on the last 3 or so missions to beat it.
Same! I couldn't even beat it on Normal, lol.

BtC Hosticide here from Breaking the Clutch, I do regular free coaching and custom games with newer players on a regular basis. Add me!

GT: BtC Hosticide
I added you, I'd love to play sometime!
I'm not super good by any means, but if you add me I'll be down to play sometimes!
Venom BCAA wrote:
I'm not super good by any means, but if you add me I'll be down to play sometimes!
Heads up: you can quote multiple people in a single post so that you do not post several times in a row.
omarlotrc wrote:
Venom BCAA wrote:
Heads up: you can quote multiple people in a single post so that you do not post several times in a row.
Thanks! I actually just figured that out this morning haha. Excuse my ignorance.
Venom BCAA wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Venom BCAA wrote:
Thanks! I actually just figured that out this morning haha. Excuse my ignorance.
All good! I have been guilty of it in the past.