Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Hero Bunker Rush

OP AKAtheFonz

So my friends and I were messing around with the bunker hero rush on team war and we were wondering what the best strategy trio for it was. Obviously johnson for the bunker and pavium for the heal but who should be the third?

colony- i think colonys lifesteal attack heals the bunker from inside the bunker but I could be mistaken.

atriox- for pure DPS

pavium x2- for added heal and splash damage

jerome- base attack does good damage, aura boosts attack and defense of bunker i belive and can drop his mech to kite spare units

opinions?
Arbiter with his enforcers in the bunker would be good. Odd as this sounds, the honor guard would likely work well as a way to distract the enemy base turrets while the bunkers are being set up
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Arbiter with his enforcers in the bunker would be good. Odd as this sounds, the honor guard would likely work well as a way to distract the enemy base turrets while the bunkers are being set up
Yea but ideally its supposed to be a quick and cost efficient way to harass someone while you get map control.. johnson drops the bunker and has a heal, pavium heals from inside the bunker and the third hero adds a bonus effect
Well if you are going for that, guess Jerome or a double Pav would be best.
Chosen would probably be best since he has such high dps. Doug with rockets is another option, but that's later in the game.
Chosen would probably be best since he has such high dps. Doug with rockets is another option, but that's later in the game.
Yea thats way too late in the game. I like atrioxs DPS but i feel like jeromes DPS, mantis and aura boost are way more worth it. I wish it gave stats so you know how much youre actually increasing from that aura
Colony - Skitterers can be placed on him and they will also attack from the bunker. Comes with a powerful 2nd point heal, and is tanky on his own to potentially provide cover to set up another bunker if the first is destroyed.

Jerome - Can drop his mantis for added firepower. Provides the inspiration bonus, buffing the damage resistance of the bunker, the damage from all the heroes within the bunker, as the damage resistance of the heroes should the bunker be destroyed. Option for restoration drones.

2nd Pavium - Additional passive heal to the bunker. Provides a second long lasting enduring will heal.

2nd Johnson - Additional heal beacon, restoration drones, and the ability to immediately drop a second bunker
There was a thread on this earlier, calling the strat "The Love Hut" or something like that. It also discussed the best heroes to use, I just wish I could find the thread!
There was a thread on this earlier, calling the strat "The Love Hut" or something like that. It also discussed the best heroes to use, I just wish I could find the thread!
Ah damn if you do tag me in it please!
Found it lol, don't really want to Necro it though.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/champ-level-strats/6d2de4ed-df2f-42b3-92d6-4f66bac59d25/posts
Tbh I’d actually cut pavium out of the bunker hero rush imo I’d just run Johnson, colony, and Jerome or trox.

when running the bunker rush with colony or any other hero imo it’s best if you wait for their shield to almost drop colony I think you should let his health drop a bit because he will passively heal inside the bunker.

on top of that Johnson has a 2 bunker heals, Jerome has a bunker heal and colony does to. But I’d run trox for the damage but Jerome is good to.

ive ran it with Pav his hero isn’t really all that strong on offense compared to other tech 1 early hero’s on top of that his heal rate for the bunker doesn’t really out heal the damage.

If done correctly each hero will have shields by the time the next bunker comes. But you need to make colony the tank because he is the tank
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Well if you are going for that, guess Jerome or a double Pav would be best.
Then how would he get the bunker?