Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Hero Units

OP slive89

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post is to rank the leader units from best to worst
-OP tier: Jerome. For real. They really over compensated with this one the fact the other spartans are not great at all. His AO of inspiration is super powerful, has the greates of all the fire ranges (without upgrades) a huge DPS and if that wasn't enough he has the mantis wich has it's own healt and own life plus the own health and life of Jerome itself .On top of that he runs faster than any other infantry unit in the game
-S tier: The Warlord: the man, the legend, the one and only . My favorite of all the leader units .Great health great DPS great ability .I have taken down dozens of enemy armies, heroes and even scarabs with him. His gravity pull makes him a real nightmare to retreating units and in the late stages of the game his absorb ability combined with all the other passive powers transforms him in the tankier of all heroes.
A tier: aitriox choosen and colony: Both with great health and great fire range
B tier: forgehog, elite honor guard, kinsano, ice cream truck Johnson .I know that many people has in high regard the elite honor guard .To be honest if played correctly it can be a pain in the -Yoink- but honestly... There are thousands of units with detect so his main ability is not that useful especially at late stages. And another thing that i foumd pretty annoying of him is that he gets stucked A LOT I have seen him many times just stand there without attacking anything because he can't move
C tier: Arbiter. Just meh
D tier: The original spartans. I know I know they are supposed to be the most iconic heroes of all the halo games but in this one i just think they don't pose a big threat like the rest of the heroes. I know that in tje rigth hands they ate formidable but tjey have the worst relation in speed/damge/health of all leaders. Their Y ability is useful but you can just kidnap one vehicle at a time. At least in HW1 you could have three spartans at the same time and kidnap three vehicles wich was a real game changer .I think developers noticed this and thats why they make jerome so OP

(Sorry for the bad english, not my mother language haha 😛)
I rate the basic Spartans considerably higher than you do. I suppose you predicted this, but it has to be said that vehicle jacking scales very well when you consider how game changing it is to change the allegiance of t3 vehicles. Bottom line for opening play, you either land your spartan slams and follow up with high dps or you don’t :/
The arbiter is much better than you think. He's the fastest hero in the game and does very high damage. He also can give a buff to an entire army. Once hesh vet 3 he's nearly impossible to kill due to his speed and the fact that he may well have the second highest defense of any banished hero other than the hunter captian
The arbiter is much better than you think. He's the fastest hero in the game and does very high damage. He also can give a buff to an entire army. Once hesh vet 3 he's nearly impossible to kill due to his speed and the fact that he may well have the second highest defense of any banished hero other than the hunter captian
He has a good hero and i mean really good. But where he is at, it does not make up for the lack of LPs early game and even mid can be underwhelming outside of CoR. Tele is non aggressive without suis, mines are only good with with stuns which he cant do unless you have perfect timing with stasis abilities or a sneaky mine, plasma is virtually useless unless you need just a bit more damage to kill or destroy something, and spartans, troxy, and deci are generally still better heroes. Enforcers are quite nice with a good Y but their highly non-cost effective when not using Y or killing buildings to other base killers. That being said, Arbiter is sligjtly an above average leader but definitely not top teir just because of his hero.
Jerome's mantis and Forge warthog are really OP in t1, can be unkillable with somebody good.
The original spartans are better than, especially dougie.
The original spartans are better than, especially dougie.
Doug is definitely one the best heroes in the game. Would love too see nerfs. However; troxy and deci need the most attention.
He has a good hero and i mean really good. But where he is at, it does not make up for the lack of LPs early game and even mid can be underwhelming outside of CoR. Tele is non aggressive without suis, mines are only good with with stuns which he cant do unless you have perfect timing with stasis abilities or a sneaky mine, plasma is virtually useless unless you need just a bit more damage to kill or destroy something, and spartans, troxy, and deci are generally still better heroes. Enforcers are quite nice with a good Y but their highly non-cost effective when not using Y or killing buildings to other base killers. That being said, Arbiter is sligjtly an above average leader but definitely not top teir just because of his hero.
The hero would really shine if the leader powers were more effective early. Late game arbiter has an answer to anything someone could throw at him. I wouldn't mind seeing them buff his plasma bolt to be more effective to help him through the early game. My point was he's a very effective hero, he just doesnt have anything else backing that up
All those saying that the basic Spartans are better... Where would you put them? Above what other hero? Im not sayimg they are bad or anything but they are inferior to all the other heroes with Y abilities more useful and higer dps. Besides the hijacking ability has to be investigated, otherwise you can only use the stomp,which is nice to stunt but is once does little damage and takes a while to be capable of doing it again. You actually have to spend resources so they can use their hole moveset. Only forge has something similar every other hero comes with his Y ability since the beginning
I wouldn't say you can easily rank them (spartans that is) as it is way more reliant on good micro, like HG or arbiter. Not like deci, just run your heros in and let them tank with their siphon (siphon still heals out of combat too).

Landing or missing a good slam early can win or lose the game in some situations. True they do have to be upgraded to get their full weapons. But early game they can mop up infantry and scouts with their handguns.
Jerome is pretty beastly on the battlefield, even without his command Mantis. Pair him with a support and defending leader like Anders or Isabel and Pavium? He can literally storm the enemy bases with an army while support follows up behind and Pavium locks down the areas they push into.
Jerome is pretty beastly on the battlefield, even without his command Mantis. Pair him with a support and defending leader like Anders or Isabel and Pavium? He can literally storm the enemy bases with an army while support follows up behind and Pavium locks down the areas they push into.
The 3 origional spartans, deci, and chosen are all better than Commander Jerome's hero. His hero is good but in no way Unbeatable after ToH was nerf by removing it's effect on his hero. Pavium too by himself is also not OP. He has Major weakness with speed making it impossible to run from fights. Scout and Choppers even stun him for 2 or 3 seconds while only dazzing others.
The 3 origional spartans, deci, and chosen are all better than Commander Jerome's hero. His hero is good but in no way Unbeatable after ToH was nerf by removing it's effect on his hero. Pavium too by himself is also not OP. He has Major weakness with speed making it impossible to run from fights. Scout and Choppers even stun him for 2 or 3 seconds while only dazzing others.
If you say so, I've never had trouble with him, but then again, I always play with friends who have my back.
I'm reading this and people have not mentioned how much of a beast Alice is. Once she gets that chaingun, she is anti-everything practically. She absolutely mops up infantry and heroes at T2
I'm reading this and people have not mentioned how much of a beast Alice is. Once she gets that chaingun, she is anti-everything practically. She absolutely mops up infantry and heroes at T2
I agree. But I like the Commander Jerome and his Omega Team hero unit because you get extra Spartans who have different strengths. But yeah your right about Alice being a pretty dominant hero unit.
I agree. But I like the Commander Jerome and his Omega Team hero unit because you get extra Spartans who have different strengths. But yeah your right about Alice being a pretty dominant hero unit.
All spartans in general are really good but dunglas is the one that needs attention. Best upgrade, AE(anti everything), better than average anti hero, great Y ability, and R&D. Anders is a force to be reckoned and het Spartan does not help with the balence. If i had my way, i would nerf all heroes but some more than others. However, that wont happen so ill talk about the meta on these heroes instead. As for Isabel, her chaingun is fine for the meta, its just her alice being a spartan makes her an issue. Jerome, Cutter's Spartan, has one of the weakest weapons in the game but he can stun lock, Run away, jack expensive vehicles.
The difference is let's say at the 4:00 mark I got 4 or 5 snipers I can take off the heroes you named with ease... Maybe a bunch of suicide grunts can as well but against Jerome, Ice cream truck or Warthog they won't do a thing.
Shawn96 wrote:
The difference is let's say at the 4:00 mark I got 4 or 5 snipers I can take off the heroes you named with ease... Maybe a bunch of suicide grunts can as well but against Jerome, Ice cream truck or Warthog they won't do a thing.
Forgehog is pretty dumb too but because its a vehicle, their is no way to really hard counter it well at t1 but nades and shrapnel can go a long ways. 5 or 6 Choppers can also solo the hog at T1 with Ram. Serinas cryo vehicle, cant remember name for some reason, is pretty tanky but its damage is slightly less than most and your never going to see it be able to run from a fight it's losing.
You forgot Pavium and Voridus!
...And YapYap

I would rank the heroes a little differently, assuming the user is not a variable here. (so if a hero is hard to use well, we'll assume it's being used well.)
Also I will be ranking them based on their tech 1 viability, a tech 3 viability list would look a bit different.
  • S tier: Commander Jerome, Warlord (The hero hunter himself)
  • A tier: Forgehog, Chosen, Hunter Captain, Douglas, Honor Guard
  • B tier: Alice, Pavium, Jerome, Voridus
  • C tier: Bison, Arbiter, Kinsano, Goblins, Johnson
Every hero has a niche, Pavium is for defense while you tech up, Honor Guard is for single target assassination, Douglas can solo most armies, etc.
I do hope dougi never gets nerf he is a god send against anything on the air T3 and above especially that dam splash even against retrivers and condors (especiallly against those if you have him garrison)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2