2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Step 1: Complain about meta picks
Step 2: Make nothing but Grunts

I've found a lot of success with this path. I urge others to try it.

Lol good times
Ol Skool85 wrote:
Ol Skool85 wrote:
What are you people doing or not doing that is giving you so much trouble with warthogs? Is it really the game that needs changing? Or is it your strategy?

I've had matches where I was able to roll over my opponents with hogs. But it was usually because they didn't attack my base and they didn't bother to obtain any of the power stacks scattered throughout the map. Rather than bolster defenses at their main bases, they spent their time and resources trying to stop me from attacking their newly constructed base.

If you spend most of your time in this game on the defense, you're going to have a difficult time.
The issue is if you have someone quick tech to hogs you are at a ridiculous disadvantage. The have a faster and more powerful army before you can get out AV.

It's not ridiculously overpowered, but it is unfair.
Unfair how?

If someone hits T2 before you, is that their fault or yours?

Sure, it'd be nice to see Cyclops get a little buff. But if you're leaving your opponent alone, can you really fault them for hitting you with an attack that leaves you in a difficult position?

One thing I've learned with this game, if you leave your opponent alone, you're going to be in for a hard time.

The past few matches I've had where I was very successful had 1 thing in common, every opponent spent their time not paying attention to me.
Not if there hitting tech 2 before 3 minites and by 4 minutes ythe ahve 6-8 hogs.
Ol Skool85 wrote:
Ol Skool85 wrote:
Ol Skool85 wrote:
What are you people doing or not doing that is giving you so much trouble with warthogs? Is it really the game that needs changing? Or is it your strategy?

I've had matches where I was able to roll over my opponents with hogs. But it was usually because they didn't attack my base and they didn't bother to obtain any of the power stacks scattered throughout the map. Rather than bolster defenses at their main bases, they spent their time and resources trying to stop me from attacking their newly constructed base.

If you spend most of your time in this game on the defense, you're going to have a difficult time.
The issue is if you have someone quick tech to hogs you are at a ridiculous disadvantage. The have a faster and more powerful army before you can get out AV.

Unfair how?

Sure, it'd be nice to see Cyclops get a little buff. But if you're leaving your opponent alone, can you really fault them for hitting you with an attack that leaves you in a difficult position?

One thing I've learned with this game, if you leave your opponent alone, you're going to be in for a hard time.

The past few matches I've had where I was very successful had 1 thing in common, every opponent spent their time not paying attention to me.
When you're getting hit with 6-8 hogs at the 4:00 minute mark you don't have time to get enough AV to have a real good chance to fight it off.

That isn't an issue where you're not paying attention to your opponent, it's an issue where you can't pump out units that can actually fight them fast enough.
So what is your strategy to prevent your opponent from getting 6 - 8 hogs by 4mns?

If you scout his base and see generators, send units to attack them.

If you see garages, send units to attack them.

It seems as if you're trying to have the devs pick up your slack.
Attack them with what?? By 3 minutes the first 3 hogs are out and ready to kill/delay any infantry rush u come up with. How many flamers can you pump out before 3 minutes. 7-8? By the time u walk 8 Flamers to the enemy base. Its too late
Going barracks 3 and 4 and double pumping flamers you stand in front of his base by 3min with a reasonable amount of units and if youre anders you can get t1 inf and marine nades for some bonus. Just destroy his economy and or production.
Weakpoint in that case is you cant efford to scout since it would be to late to start pumping until they reach there so you might as well get melted by literally anything.
80 pop of cannon fodder at your base in 2:00 should put an end to the hog rush real quick :P

Just gotta think outside the box.
80 pop of cannon fodder at your base in 2:00 should put an end to the hog rush real quick :P

Fodder building damage OP pls nerf.

Lmao I'd like to point out that Viper Skills has in fact beaten my hog rush by swarming my base with full pop regular grunts before. And I laughed my butt off while it happened.

Like I said before, it's not unbeatable but you can't just play your opening like you normally do.

Fodder building damage OP pls nerf.
If you just cluster all the fodder at the base entrance, the hogs will get trapped by all the fodder and won't be able to escape :P
Decided to check in and see how things are going, Looks like more of the same. Thought there would be a stable Meta by now.
Decided to check in and see how things are going, Looks like more of the same. Thought there would be a stable Meta by now.
If you take out Voridus and Pavium it's actually really good right now.

Hog rush is unfair, but not as OP as other metas had been
We have a good competitive club set up that hosts tournaments that ban broken leaders. A couple things aside, it's actually quite a good balance. It's genuinely hard to pick a "worst leader" because all of them are capable of being viable.
Ol Skool85 wrote:
Ol Skool85 wrote:
Ol Skool85 wrote:

Unfair how?

When you're getting hit with 6-8 hogs at the 4:00 minute mark you don't have time to get enough AV to have a real good chance to fight it off.

That isn't an issue where you're not paying attention to your opponent, it's an issue where you can't pump out units that can actually fight them fast enough.
So what is your strategy to prevent your opponent from getting 6 - 8 hogs by 4mns?

If you scout his base and see generators, send units to attack them.

If you see garages, send units to attack them.

It seems as if you're trying to have the devs pick up your slack.
Even if you rush, the rusher can still fail as he can be beat by hogs after a rush.

80 pop CF will NOT stop a hog rush as a turret will stomp them out before they destroy a base building.
If you take out Voridus and Pavium it's actually really good right now.

Hog rush is unfair, but not as OP as other metas had been
Thats pretty good then id say.

80 pop CF will NOT stop a hog rush as a turret will stomp them out before they destroy a base building.
You don't attack buildings with CF. You swarm the hogs and any other marines/etc... that are out there.

You want the opponent to build a turret cause that means they had to spend money to stop a free unit.

Eventually the cannon fodder will get stopped but the goal is to have the opponent waste as much money and time as possible to do that.
Ol Skool85 wrote:
Ol Skool85 wrote:

Unfair how?

Not if there hitting tech 2 before 3 minites and by 4 minutes ythe ahve 6-8 hogs.
How do they have that many hogs by 4mns? I think you may be exaggerating.

As Forge, i build 1Gen, immediately upgrade, build supply pads with remaining resources and try to grab a minibase.

Even if I were to obtain some of the power stacks throughout the map, I can only begin T2 research around 2.25 to 2:40.

Once you hit T2, after about 30 seconds, then can you construct a garage which takes about 25 seconds? Once you get that, then you have to build hogs which take about 18 seconds.

How are you getting 6-8 hogs before 4mns?

Please tell me your ways
I take back my earlier remarks. Seems Hogs are being abused at Onyx and higher.

There is no way to win against a skilled Forge player as another UNSC leader. Forge's eco is good enough to rush, and still tech up. Also, cyclops are seemingly worthless against mass warthogs.
Ol Skool85 wrote:
Ol Skool85 wrote:
Ol Skool85 wrote:

Unfair how?

How do they have that many hogs by 4mns? I think you may be exaggerating.

As Forge, i build 1Gen, immediately upgrade, build supply pads with remaining resources and try to grab a minibase.

Even if I were to obtain some of the power stacks throughout the map, I can only begin T2 research around 2.25 to 2:40.

Once you hit T2, after about 30 seconds, then can you construct a garage which takes about 25 seconds? Once you get that, then you have to build hogs which take about 18 seconds.

How are you getting 6-8 hogs before 4mns?

Please tell me your ways
Upgraded Power Node
Supply Pad
Supply Pad
Marine
Supply Pad
MiniBase
SupplyPad.
All while taking map resources. Tech2 at 2:37 triple pump warthogs. 7 by 4:09
I take back my earlier remarks. Seems Hogs are being abused at Onyx and higher.

There is no way to win against a skilled Forge player as another UNSC leader. Forge's eco is good enough to rush, and still tech up. Also, cyclops are seemingly worthless against mass warthogs.
Its worse against isabel. Since she can spam it 3 seconds faster per warthog and it costs much less. (She gets accelerated assembly at tier 2 abilities
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5