Honestly 343 you listen to the community too much

OP nuchey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Title says it all. I think we all appreciate that you take our feedback and actually use it; but there is a fine line between using feedback and catering. Look at Marauders; they are downright broken. People have been complaining about how "weak" marauders are from launch. I personally thought they were fine once you changed them to a 4 population vehicle instead of 5. Now look at them, with boundless fury and boundless siphon they can beat anything. Literally anything! They have 11 health bars with thick hide. It's very strange to me that this is even a thing.

Don't you guys have the resources to test your own game and see when units are broken? I can let it slide for DLC characters but these are core units of the game that need major tweaking. Anti Air is still garbo against Air, haven't you all noticed that AA naturally focus fires yet? They need to be adjusted to not do that.

I think little changes are good here and there but the gameplay of Halo Wars 2 in my opinion has been a rollercoaster. I don't even want to think about the season that was Forehog 300%...

I get that there is a Catch 22 with this in that if you listen to me you'll be listening to a fan but please just tweak the game and let it be. I can't handle all these changes every 3-6 weeks. I mean there are so many times in the course of this game that you made a change (like with marines) and then almost immediately reverted that change. It makes us think you have no idea what you're doing; which I don't think is true, that's just how it looks. I think you're simply taking too much feedback from the fans. I like when you make changes based on the feedback you get from the game stats. Like when you realized that not as many people found Isabel viable and you fixed it! Now shes viable, make changes like that.

I understand it must be very hard to balance a game with 16 leaders but I think we're all sensing one last big patch by the end of the month and I'm a bit worried you all will make too many changes. Just make a few changes we really don't need anything drastic. Anti, Marauders, and OP Voridus are the only changes you really need to make.

TLDNR; your critics will always be the loudest voices you hear; that doesn't mean you should always listen to them. Remember after Halo 4 people were all whiny that things were changed and that made 343 change the storyline they had planned for Halo 5 because they were unsure what to do? Yeah I 'member and that was bogus. At the end of the day do what you want to do with your games and don't rely so heavily on fan input.

UPDATE: Lol at the fact that the balance update is exactly what I called it would be. 343 reverting "balance changes" they've made in the past: Cannon fodder resource gather speed revert, colossus & grizzly heal rate reverted. It's like I said, they just throw a bunch of balance changes at us and see what sticks. Balancing a game shouldn't come primarily from the forums. Forum feedback is important but the changes made to the meta should directly reflect in game player feedback.
So....your complaining about 343 listening to its players to much? While youre sitting there telling them not to listen to you? Ironic?
Please stop. The marauders are still bad on T2, I would watch players build these in the beginning of the game and claim they were good, but they were wrong. This has everything to do with the most recent change because they were even worse on T2 before and "meh" on T3.

Also every time all you guys complain about air and anti air I have yet to see it accompanied with video proof. Because every time I test that engagement the air gets demolished. There was a time where reavers were under performing because of overkill and then they ended up accidentally halving the damage, but we tested it and brought it to their attention and now it's fine.
Also every time all you guys complain about air and anti air I have yet to see it accompanied with video proof. Because every time I test that engagement the air gets demolished. There was a time where reavers were under performing because of overkill and then they ended up accidentally halving the damage, but we tested it and brought it to their attention and now it's fine.
Thank you. I'm tired of seeing the classic "air is OP" claim without any sort of supporting facts or reasoning, other than "you've never played against anyone good using air".
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Thank you. I'm tired of seeing the classic "air is OP" claim without any sort of supporting facts or reasoning, other than "you've never played against anyone good using air".
Its just obvious that metalloid has never played with or against anyone that is good.
So....your complaining about 343 listening to its players to much? While youre sitting there telling them not to listen to you? Ironic?
Read the first line of the 4th paragraph. Yes it is ironic but it’s also true
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
nuchey wrote:

Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:

Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
Anders and Arby are the Best 2 leaders in 1s by far. Anders hogs are way too good of an opening. Most 1v1 games only transitioned into 3 Spartan tanks for the mid game if it made it that far. There were also significantly fewer units so there was much less variety in the game. If we didn't have balance updates, we would still be in the Anders sentinel meta from the preseason.

nuchey
nuchey wrote:

The game has gone through several patches because of the new content added. I guarantee we'd be at this point balance wise 4 months ago if all we had was the original 6 leaders.

Honestly 343 listening to the community has sped up the balancing.
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:

Just a list of some the awesome "balance" that was in HW1. Ander's hogs, terminal moraine, labyrinth, god-rage glitch, cryo-canny glitch, canny glitch, PT > Grizzly, prophet/forge being borderline unusable, gauss hogs in general, UNSC having no air units worth building (hawks don't count it was rare that games ever got to that point). That's all that I can think of off the top of my head, but seriously that's only a small piece of it all. Maps were fundamentally unbalanced and favored certain leaders heavily. I'll break it down in more detail if you like, but anybody who put in a little bit of time play HW1 at even 30 TS knew quite a bit of this, and knew that the game was unbalanced.
from my experiences this community is in the crapper because of people cant learn to counter instead just come here and expressed there demands.....oh i mean opinions
not pointing fingers but omg people like them are the same kind of people who ruined destiny 1 and 2
no solutions
no common sense
just complain complain and complain until they get what they want
nuchey wrote:

The game has gone through several patches because of the new content added. I guarantee we'd be at this point balance wise 4 months ago if all we had was the original 6 leaders.

Honestly 343 listening to the community has sped up the balancing.
Like I said I don’t think listening to the community is a bad thing but I think there’s a fine line
from my experiences this community is in the crapper because of people cant learn to counter instead just come here and expressed there demands.....oh i mean opinions
not pointing fingers but omg people like them are the same kind of people who ruined destiny 1 and 2
no solutions
no common sense
just complain complain and complain until they get what they want
That’s what I’m saying, people complain and then 343 does something drastic and then fixes their drastic change like a few weeks later. I don’t want that to happen with the next patch
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:

Just a list of some the awesome "balance" that was in HW1. Ander's hogs, terminal moraine, labyrinth, god-rage glitch, cryo-canny glitch, canny glitch, PT > Grizzly, prophet/forge being borderline unusable, gauss hogs in general, UNSC having no air units worth building (hawks don't count it was rare that games ever got to that point). That's all that I can think of off the top of my head, but seriously that's only a small piece of it all. Maps were fundamentally unbalanced and favored certain leaders heavily. I'll break it down in more detail if you like, but anybody who put in a little bit of time play HW1 at even 30 TS knew quite a bit of this, and knew that the game was unbalanced.
Lol I don’t really feel like arguing about Halo Wars 1 but listening things that were in the game doesn’t make them unbalanced.

Let me try!
Hunters
Eradication
methane Wagons!
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:

Lol I don’t really feel like arguing about Halo Wars 1 but listening things that were in the game doesn’t make them unbalanced.

Let me try!
Hunters
Eradication
methane Wagons!
He listed the exploits and which units were overpowered. He had a sound argument. I'm not arguing for balance changes for HW1, I honestly wont play HW1 again except maybe on a rainy day for a few laughs. But your argument was that HW1 was good even though it had no post launch support. It was a good game, but this is a better game largely due to the post launch support, especially in terms of balances. I would not be playing this game right now if I still had to deal with mega sentinels dominating the field, or hyper speed locust, or chopper or lose openings. This game has grown so much since launch and each leader has introduced new game mechanics to refresh the gameplay, that doesn't happen unless people stick around afterword to make sure all the gears are turning as they should be.
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:

Hunters/Cyclops, Methane Wagons, and Eradication were all patched, in part, due to requests from the community. Are there issues that are brought up by the community that are non issues, of course, but so far I think that the devs have used good judgement in not implementing requests that were unnecessary, with a few exceptions. Having a discussion about issues in the game is how it becomes better, quit trying to put a halt to that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4