Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Honestly 343 you listen to the community too much

OP nuchey

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So....your complaining about 343 listening to its players to much? While youre sitting there telling them not to listen to you? Ironic?
from my experiences this community is in the crapper because of people cant learn to counter instead just come here and expressed there demands.....oh i mean opinions
not pointing fingers but omg people like them are the same kind of people who ruined destiny 1 and 2
no solutions
no common sense
just complain complain and complain until they get what they want
1) You have only played around 60 games and half of them have been with Voridus, so I don't know what experiences you are drawing upon.

2) most of the posts you so unconstructively try to tare down are suggestion posts for ways to improve the balance of the game, if you can honestly say that everyone is complaining for the sake of complaining than you are either blind to how the game function or are just trolling

3) I will continue to complain until voridus's ability to shut down a rush with nothing but an infusion mine and a grenadier drop is fixed

4) I have NEVER seen you post anything constructive about any aspect of this game or what the next balance should be, again, I have only seen you on here to try and tear down other people who actually care about the state of this game
THEWALL766 wrote:
So....your complaining about 343 listening to its players to much? While youre sitting there telling them not to listen to you? Ironic?
from my experiences this community is in the crapper because of people cant learn to counter instead just come here and expressed there demands.....oh i mean opinions
not pointing fingers but omg people like them are the same kind of people who ruined destiny 1 and 2
no solutions
no common sense
just complain complain and complain until they get what they want
1) You have only played around 60 games and half of them have been with Voridus, so I don't know what experiences you are drawing upon.

2) most of the posts you so unconstructively try to tare down are suggestion posts for ways to improve the balance of the game, if you can honestly say that everyone is complaining for the sake of complaining than you are either blind to how the game function or are just trolling

3) I will continue to complain until voridus's ability to shut down a rush with nothing but an infusion mine and a grenadier drop is fixed

4) I have NEVER seen you post anything constructive about any aspect of this game or what the next balance should be, again, I have only seen you on here to try and tear down other people who actually care about the state of this game
Mic Drop
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
Hunters/Cyclops, Methane Wagons, and Eradication were all patched, in part, due to requests from the community. Are there issues that are brought up by the community that are non issues, of course, but so far I think that the devs have used good judgement in not implementing requests that were unnecessary, with a few exceptions. Having a discussion about issues in the game is how it becomes better, quit trying to put a halt to that.
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
Just a list of some the awesome "balance" that was in HW1. Ander's hogs, terminal moraine, labyrinth, god-rage glitch, cryo-canny glitch, canny glitch, PT > Grizzly, prophet/forge being borderline unusable, gauss hogs in general, UNSC having no air units worth building (hawks don't count it was rare that games ever got to that point). That's all that I can think of off the top of my head, but seriously that's only a small piece of it all. Maps were fundamentally unbalanced and favored certain leaders heavily. I'll break it down in more detail if you like, but anybody who put in a little bit of time play HW1 at even 30 TS knew quite a bit of this, and knew that the game was unbalanced.
Lol I don’t really feel like arguing about Halo Wars 1 but listening things that were in the game doesn’t make them unbalanced.

Let me try!
Hunters
Eradication
methane Wagons!
He listed the exploits and which units were overpowered. He had a sound argument. I'm not arguing for balance changes for HW1, I honestly wont play HW1 again except maybe on a rainy day for a few laughs. But your argument was that HW1 was good even though it had no post launch support. It was a good game, but this is a better game largely due to the post launch support, especially in terms of balances. I would not be playing this game right now if I still had to deal with mega sentinels dominating the field, or hyper speed locust, or chopper or lose openings. This game has grown so much since launch and each leader has introduced new game mechanics to refresh the gameplay, that doesn't happen unless people stick around afterword to make sure all the gears are turning as they should be.
I don’t know how much more clearly I can say. I’m not saying I’m against community feedback, I’m saying that 343 needs to stop making such drastic changes just because I few people cry on the forums. It happens all the time and then 343 ends up having to revert those changes, which makes them look foolish.

thats what I’m saying, but then some of, not really THEWALL, you guys are all “omg this guy doesn’t think 343 should listen to the community at all!”

I pointed that out that Halo Wars 1 meta/core gameplay never changed all that much and you claimed it wasn’t a balanced game but it sounds like you were just bad at the game. You also claimed the locust were fast when they were slower than the locust in this game and couldn’t even shoot while moving.

You claim forge and prophet were not useable??? Are you joking. Prophets beam could snipe bases and forge had a resource perk. You must just be surprised that counters actually worked in HW1 and the “rock paper scissors” gameplay was actually a thing. You couldn’t just nuke everything from orbit every engagement, you had to actually THINK.

I could literally pick apart your whole list. Anders hogs? Really? Warthog rushes were the easiest thing to counter in the whole game especially if you were the covenant.

Honestly, the gameplay wasn’t balanced in my opinion because every unit had a legit counter. Air wasn’t a problem if you had anti air which is something that simply isn’t present in HW2. AA Ian not effective against air and it’s very frustrating.

i have voiced my concerns, if they hit us with a mega huge patch soon I won’t be happy because I know they will just have to revert some of those changes and then people will complain and we may never get a well balanced game.
THEWALL766 wrote:
So....your complaining about 343 listening to its players to much? While youre sitting there telling them not to listen to you? Ironic?
from my experiences this community is in the crapper because of people cant learn to counter instead just come here and expressed there demands.....oh i mean opinions
not pointing fingers but omg people like them are the same kind of people who ruined destiny 1 and 2
no solutions
no common sense
just complain complain and complain until they get what they want
1) You have only played around 60 games and half of them have been with Voridus, so I don't know what experiences you are drawing upon.

2) most of the posts you so unconstructively try to tare down are suggestion posts for ways to improve the balance of the game, if you can honestly say that everyone is complaining for the sake of complaining than you are either blind to how the game function or are just trolling

3) I will continue to complain until voridus's ability to shut down a rush with nothing but an infusion mine and a grenadier drop is fixed

4) I have NEVER seen you post anything constructive about any aspect of this game or what the next balance should be, again, I have only seen you on here to try and tear down other people who actually care about the state of this game
Moistpickle just hit....THE WALL
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
The issue is not about the balance HW1. I have opinions, but they are irrelevant now that we don't play. I also wouldn't consider myself too bad but I didn't play HW1 as seriously as I play this one. Before this snowballs into name callings and we either start a pissing contest or end up hating each other, lets reset.

The gameplay for this game has changed dramatically since launch because of the new leaders added. Because the leaders have added new mechanics to the game, post add support was needed to make sure that the game wasn't broken. I don't think anyone was arguing against that.

there are a lot of opinions on this site, some of them are less informed than other and can pose a danger to devs reading for ideas to balance the game, I understand that. However, I don't think and of the hot button arguments (namely the forgehog) were a result of waypoint input, I think that was just going over kill in trying to make forge viable. since then, the changes they have been making have been gradual and I have been seeing a lot more balance because of it. I am loving that Anders is more competitive.

I still think voridus needs to be reeled in, I think there are a few unit adjustments that need to be made on certain units. And I think that this game is better because of all the balancing that has been done on it since the game launched.
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
The issue is not about the balance HW1. I have opinions, but they are irrelevant now that we don't play. I also wouldn't consider myself too bad but I didn't play HW1 as seriously as I play this one. Before this snowballs into name callings and we either start a pissing contest or end up hating each other, lets reset.

The gameplay for this game has changed dramatically since launch because of the new leaders added. Because the leaders have added new mechanics to the game, post add support was needed to make sure that the game wasn't broken. I don't think anyone was arguing against that.

there are a lot of opinions on this site, some of them are less informed than other and can pose a danger to devs reading for ideas to balance the game, I understand that. However, I don't think and of the hot button arguments (namely the forgehog) were a result of waypoint input, I think that was just going over kill in trying to make forge viable. since then, the changes they have been making have been gradual and I have been seeing a lot more balance because of it. I am loving that Anders is more competitive.

I still think voridus needs to be reeled in, I think there are a few unit adjustments that need to be made on certain units. And I think that this game is better because of all the balancing that has been done on it since the game launched.
I was referring more to the other guy than you i that post. Obviously we all have different opinions on HW1 but in my opinion there was less randomness because every unit had strong counters, the Rock Paper Scissors thing was actually a thing, and leader powers weren’t spammy.

In HW2 things are obviously drastically different. You’ll notice that the balancing changes don’t come because of the new units; and I haven’t been referring to to the new units because they aren’t the ones being changed all that much really. Johnson’s Units are the only new units I can think of that we’re changed a few patches after their launch.

It’s also worth noting that the new units are usually support units anyways; this is so the core gameplay does not change all that much. For banished, jetpack Bruges and suicide grunts are the only units that have been replaced with a similar counterpart because it doesn’t change up the core gameplay that much. Johnson’s Units are really the most drastic since they replace warthogs and scorpions. This is probably why they wanted to keep mantis and collossus on the weaker side so it didn’t break the core gameplay; which is why people kept saying Johnson was a weak leader.

So really if you think about it it’s the new leader powers that mess with the meta not so much the new units.

it’s the changes to the core gameplay that 343 needs to stop doing. Remember when they changed Marines for like 2 weeks and they were unstoppable early game. It’s changes like these that are not needed. It’s almost like they take all the feedback, make the changes people request, and then see what sticks! There’s no way they can know where the gameplay will be at when they release 6 pages of patch notes every month!

Im telling you if this next patch is huge, which is apparently want the people want, the gameplay will be all jacked up again and then more people will complain and the cycle will continue until eventually they have less time to work on balancing and we’ll be stuck with broken gameplay.
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
The issue is not about the balance HW1. I have opinions, but they are irrelevant now that we don't play. I also wouldn't consider myself too bad but I didn't play HW1 as seriously as I play this one. Before this snowballs into name callings and we either start a pissing contest or end up hating each other, lets reset.

The gameplay for this game has changed dramatically since launch because of the new leaders added. Because the leaders have added new mechanics to the game, post add support was needed to make sure that the game wasn't broken. I don't think anyone was arguing against that.

there are a lot of opinions on this site, some of them are less informed than other and can pose a danger to devs reading for ideas to balance the game, I understand that. However, I don't think and of the hot button arguments (namely the forgehog) were a result of waypoint input, I think that was just going over kill in trying to make forge viable. since then, the changes they have been making have been gradual and I have been seeing a lot more balance because of it. I am loving that Anders is more competitive.

I still think voridus needs to be reeled in, I think there are a few unit adjustments that need to be made on certain units. And I think that this game is better because of all the balancing that has been done on it since the game launched.
And once again I am not against balancing but I am against throwing all the balancing to us at once and then seeing what sticks. That’s not balancing, that’s putting your community through BS in an attempt to balance the game. Most of their balancing should come from leader stats and other internal stat programs, the majority should not come from the forums
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
Just a list of some the awesome "balance" that was in HW1. Ander's hogs, terminal moraine, labyrinth, god-rage glitch, cryo-canny glitch, canny glitch, PT > Grizzly, prophet/forge being borderline unusable, gauss hogs in general, UNSC having no air units worth building (hawks don't count it was rare that games ever got to that point). That's all that I can think of off the top of my head, but seriously that's only a small piece of it all. Maps were fundamentally unbalanced and favored certain leaders heavily. I'll break it down in more detail if you like, but anybody who put in a little bit of time play HW1 at even 30 TS knew quite a bit of this, and knew that the game was unbalanced.
I don’t know how much more clearly I can say. I’m not saying I’m against community feedback, I’m saying that 343 needs to stop making such drastic changes just because I few people cry on the forums. It happens all the time and then 343 ends up having to revert those changes, which makes them look foolish.

thats what I’m saying, but then you guys are all “omg this guy doesn’t think 343 should listen to the community at all!”

I pointed that out that Halo Wars 1 meta/core gameplay never changed all that much and you guys claimed it wasn’t a balanced game but it sounds like you were just bad at the game. You also claimed the locust were fast when they were slower than the locust in this game and couldn’t even shoot while moving.

You claim forge and prophet were not useable??? Are you joking. Prophets beam could snipe bases and forge had a resource perk. You guys must be surprised that counters actually worked in HW1 and the “rock paper scissors” gameplay was actually a thing. You couldn’t just nuke everything from orbit every engagement, you had to actually THINK.

I could literally pick apart your whole list. Anders hogs? Really? Warthog rushes were the easiest thing to counter in the whole game especially if you were the covenant.
I'm sorry but no, Halo Wars one was FAR from being a balanced RTS game. Counters working in HW1, get outta here with your blatant lies, you could wipe an entire Hunter army with Scorpions alone and still have a decent force left. The only counters that really worked were anti-air as air units were pretty much paper-mache anyway and would die to most things. Cobras, may I talk about them? How they alone could stretch a game into the hours. Build air you say? well it would be a shame if the enemy just built a few wolvs and you could do nothing from that point on, especially if you were the Covenant.
May I need remind you of the Scorpion too? how it can beat Grizzlies, which are meant to be better than it? how it can beat a banshee swarm by just moving your tanks around. How three spartan tanks could single handedly take on an army or two? how it dominated everything on the battlefield, from Wraiths to Scarabs with Hawks being the only effective counter. Bu then, just mix in 8 Wolvs and any air issues would no longer be a thing.

Forge was borderline useless, the only decent thing was that resource perk but that was barely noticeable once the game reached mid or late game. His carpet bomb was utter garbage as it did little to no damage and only worked killing locked-down cobras, or a n00b who left their army in a long convenient line for you. The Prophet was garbage as it could be shut down completely by 2-3 Vampires which just needed to status him and then the Prophet could no longer move/attack. If any UNSC ally simply dropped a disruption your Prophet was done for, even if it was a three-star. Sniping bases with him too, lmao, if the enemy just put AA turrets he would die before even killing the base. You say warthog rushes were easy to beat. Honestly that is completely a lie and you know it. Coming from someone who did it occasionally and had to go against it, it was unbeatable unless you were lucky enough to see the enemy building up his warthogs, but even then by the time you build one turret they have 7-8 hogs all with chaingun melting your base. Easy to beat as Covenant, hahaha amazing. The Arby was the only leader capable of killing warthog rushes effectively and this is solely because of his rage, but if you decided to use it, well goodbye any supplies you had as every hit cost 50 supply and in the early game you only had around 400 if you were lucky by the time they attacked. The Prophet was a punching bag to warthogs, for he was slow, his fuelrods were pathetic with their accuracy and his beam would do jack-all. You could only kill the hogs if the enemy was terrible and just sat still, if they hogs circled or kept their distance, the Prophet would die instantly. Do I even need to mention the Brute? If you do the exact same thing to him he would die too.
Didn't expect to write this much, but there is just so much that was OP or Broken in HW1. I would talk about the Brute's infantry and Jump-jet Brute rush which could be at max pop by around 3-4 minutes and which left me undefeated for weeks, but honestly I can't be bothered cause you'ld just say "oh, sounds like you were just bad at the game" to which I say, that is the worst form of argument you could ever put forward. I don't need to be a mechanic to know that my car doesn't work, the same applies here. As a point of note I was a rather good player at the game, being taught by and playing often with some of the top players from the leaderboards, as well as knowing many of the strategies possible. So don't be that guy who says "oh, you were just bad etc". To note as well, I'm pretty sure me and two others were responsible to finding the 3 minute on the dot Scarab build, so we did know our stuff to be able to find that out.

So don't say Halo Wars 1 was balanced, as it was certainly far from it.
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
The issue is not about the balance HW1. I have opinions, but they are irrelevant now that we don't play. I also wouldn't consider myself too bad but I didn't play HW1 as seriously as I play this one. Before this snowballs into name callings and we either start a pissing contest or end up hating each other, lets reset.

The gameplay for this game has changed dramatically since launch because of the new leaders added. Because the leaders have added new mechanics to the game, post add support was needed to make sure that the game wasn't broken. I don't think anyone was arguing against that.

there are a lot of opinions on this site, some of them are less informed than other and can pose a danger to devs reading for ideas to balance the game, I understand that. However, I don't think and of the hot button arguments (namely the forgehog) were a result of waypoint input, I think that was just going over kill in trying to make forge viable. since then, the changes they have been making have been gradual and I have been seeing a lot more balance because of it. I am loving that Anders is more competitive.

I still think voridus needs to be reeled in, I think there are a few unit adjustments that need to be made on certain units. And I think that this game is better because of all the balancing that has been done on it since the game launched.
And once again I am not against balancing but I am against throwing all the balancing to us at once and then seeing what sticks. That’s not balancing, that’s putting your community through BS in an attempt to balance the game. Most of their balancing should come from leader stats and other internal stat programs, the majority should not come from the forums
I wish there was a balance testing playlist where they do beta testing on a lot of this stuff. I think that would be a good way to get stats right.

I think a lot of good came out of that marine buff because UNSC finally became usable again. It was a very banished dominated meta for a few season before that except for maybe Jerome. They don't always get it right, but balancing a game this complex takes time, there will be overshoots and undershoots but the infantry before the marine buff here non factors in games, and now they are. I appreciate that and I am confident that the devs filter out the opinions of people that come here to whine.
“You guys listen to the community too much. Stop.”

343’s perfect response: “Ok, we’ll start by ignoring you specifically”
So....your complaining about 343 listening to its players to much? While youre sitting there telling them not to listen to you? Ironic?
Have you ever heard the tragedy of darth nuchey the moaner?
“You guys listen to the community too much. Stop.”

343’s perfect response: “Ok, we’ll start by ignoring you specifically”
Never said they should stop listening to community, but whatever this thread was fun
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Marauders are only an issue WITH Thick Hide, otherwise they're another trash unit.

343 does a good job listening to the community, I really don't know what you're complaining about.
Because I find it odd how much this game has changed since day 1. Compare it to the few tweaks that HW1 had and it’s obvious that they listen to the community too often. Everyone complains about something until it gets nerfed into oblivion or buff too much. Marines, forgehog, yayap’s cannon fodder are all good examples of this.
Halo Wars 1 has no balance and is fundamentally broken in term of multiplayer. This game is 100x more playable because they have listened to the community on how to improve their game.
Lol HW1 is broken? What are you on can I have some?
Just a list of some the awesome "balance" that was in HW1. Ander's hogs, terminal moraine, labyrinth, god-rage glitch, cryo-canny glitch, canny glitch, PT > Grizzly, prophet/forge being borderline unusable, gauss hogs in general, UNSC having no air units worth building (hawks don't count it was rare that games ever got to that point). That's all that I can think of off the top of my head, but seriously that's only a small piece of it all. Maps were fundamentally unbalanced and favored certain leaders heavily. I'll break it down in more detail if you like, but anybody who put in a little bit of time play HW1 at even 30 TS knew quite a bit of this, and knew that the game was unbalanced.
So this is what it's come. Arguing about Halo Wars 1, well here goes.

Quote:
I'm sorry but no, Halo Wars one was FAR from being a balanced RTS game. Counters working in HW1, get outta here with your blatant lies, you could wipe an entire Hunter army with Scorpions alone and still have a decent force left.
Well according to the rock paper scissors mechanic vehicles beat infantry and while hunters are anti vehicle they are also infantry so it makes sense that the best vehicle in the game would be strong against them. That being said hunters could still do a good job against tanks and you could always call more in directly to your hero unit with the teleport pad. The hero unit also could support your hunters and given the long recharge timer on the Disruption bomb it wasn't hard to beat tanks; they had their advantages but they weren't unstoppable. The arbiter sucked against tanks though.
Quote:
The only counters that really worked were anti-air as air units were pretty much paper-mache anyway and would die to most things.
Woah. God forbid a counter actually be effective against the unit it's designed to kill.
Quote:
Cobras, may I talk about them? How they alone could stretch a game into the hours. Build air you say? well it would be a shame if the enemy just built a few wolvs and you could do nothing from that point on, especially if you were the Covenant.
The only map that was really a problem was Fort Deen and that was because that map was designed for their to be a stalemate with the garrisonable tower walls and narrow paths to each side. On the more open maps it wasn't hard to flank a line of cobras especially as the covenant! Are you high? Hunters absolutely destroyed cobras with their long range beams and the cobras locked down they were easy targets to take out. Don't forget about suicide grunts or you could even use an invisible Arbiter to sneak around them, drop your army in, then hit them from behind. Or make a bunch of engineers, your brute chieftan, and a few hunter and just pick the cobras off one by one with hammer pull. The prophet can't even be hit by the cobras when he's maxed out and could easily take out a few of them before having to teleport back to your base because of the wolvs. As for the UNSC ODSTs and Marines were very effective against cobras. Or you could always freeze, mac blast, or carpet bomb them from orbit and set up your own cobras and push their defensive line back. Woah! Look at those strategies in a strategy game!
Quote:
May I need remind you of the Scorpion too? how it can beat Grizzlies, which are meant to be better than it? how it can beat a banshee swarm by just moving your tanks around. How three spartan tanks could single handedly take on an army or two? how it dominated everything on the battlefield, from Wraiths to Scarabs with Hawks being the only effective counter. Bu then, just mix in 8 Wolvs and any air issues would no longer be a thing.
I believe Grizzlies cost more pop if I'm not mistaken? So while they were more powerful they could be beaten by the scorpions in higher numbers? Or maybe I'm wrong and they cost the same pop I can't remember. However I do remember how expensive Scorpions and Grizzlies were. Losing them was pretty much it for you as it would take you way to long to rebuild them. They were strong yes but the grizzly upgrade cost 1800 supplies so they should probably be good don't ya think? Get your spartans extra stars too time patience and was a legit strategy. I can still remember sending my spartans to kill all the rebels on the map just to get those extra stars, just to get that extra advantage against my opponent; why would I be punished for that? The real punishment came when you lost one of your babies. Brute chieftan hammer pull was deadly against tanks/grizzlies. Banshees were also a nightmare for tanks and no you couldn't kill banshees by moving them away?? Did you forget banshees could move too and shot plasma cannon bolts at vehicles? I also noticed you didn't mention cobras. Maybe that because all you had to do was put a few cobras in the back of your base to counter a strong vehicle push. Maybe even put a few spartans of your own in the cobras and watch their tank army melt. Hunters in high numbers could take on the tank but you were definitely
going to lose a good amount of them if they had their canister shells ability back. Engineers and calling in more hunters was crucial otherwise your hunters were finished and we've already been over why that is.
Quote:
Forge was borderline useless, the only decent thing was that resource perk but that was barely noticeable once the game reached mid or late game.
Because everyone knows there's nothing useful about having extra supplies early game an and abundance of supplies late game. Makes sense; you must have been the guy who always had a bunch of money but never gave it to your teammates.
Quote:
His carpet bomb was utter garbage as it did little to no damage and only worked killing locked-down cobras, or a n00b who left their army in a long convenient line for you.
His carpet bomb was the weakest of the UNSC's powers because he had the strongest ground units in the game and a huge economic advantage. That's called balance; what did you want a macblast carpet bomb?
Quote:
he Prophet was garbage as it could be shut down completely by 2-3 Vampires which just needed to status him and then the Prophet could no longer move/attack. If any UNSC ally simply dropped a disruption your Prophet was done for, even if it was a three-star.
Lol woah! You mean the developers put in a counter to a unit that could fly around and drop a nuke beam at will? Those yoinkers. Do you know how hard it was to coordinate a vampire D bomb drop? God forbid the prophet have a few vamps of his own. I can't tell you how many times we dropped a d bomb only to have the prophet teleport away at the last second. And if you failed that was it, you wouldn't get your Dbomb back for some time. It was risk and reward which in my opinion was a good thing.
Quote:
Sniping bases with him too, lmao, if the enemy just put AA turrets he would die before even killing the base.
Woah. God forbid anti air turrets be effective, how else are you going to try and counter the sneaky nuke beam prophet? That being said no 4 AA turrets could not take out a max prophet on their own. The prophet could easily nuke beam each one. But doing this gave you time to move your army back to your base to counter him. Woah balance, strategy, it's just too much!
Quote:
You say warthog rushes were easy to beat. Honestly that is completely a lie and you know it. Coming from someone who did it occasionally and had to go against it, it was unbeatable unless you were lucky enough to see the enemy building up his warthogs, but even then by the time you build one turret they have 7-8 hogs all with chaingun melting your base. Easy to beat as Covenant, hahaha amazing. The Arby was the only leader capable of killing warthog rushes effectively and this is solely because of his rage, but if you decided to use it, well goodbye any supplies you had as every hit cost 50 supply and in the early game you only had around 400 if you were lucky by the time they attacked. The Prophet was a punching bag to warthogs, for he was slow, his fuelrods were pathetic with their accuracy and his beam would do jack-all. You could only kill the hogs if the enemy was terrible and just sat still, if they hogs circled or kept their distance, the Prophet would die instantly.
Quote:
Coming from someone who did it occasionally and had to go against it, it was unbeatable unless you were lucky enough to see the enemy building up his warthogs
I think the magical word you're think of is...scouting...

If you scouted against anders and saw their base locked down it would be best to assume they are gonna warthog rush. The thing about the warthog rush early game is that you had to chip away at them and keep them at bay. Anti vehicle turrets in the back of your base did wonders. The brute chieftans vortex stopped warthog rushes in their tracks, especially that explosion that happened after the vortex was complete. The arbiter's Y ability was expensive early game but you could still use him to chip away them. Marines, warthogs, spartans, hunters, and anti vehicle turrets were all good counters to the warthog rush. You can't just expect to make a hero unit and wipe the map clean of your enemy armies; it's statements like those that make me think you weren't that good at the game. I mean seriously you made a prophet to counter a warthog rush? Make hunters, which you conveniently left out.

Quote:
Do I even need to mention the Brute? If you do the exact same thing to him he would die too.
Didn't expect to write this much, but there is just so much that was OP or Broken in HW1. I would talk about the Brute's infantry and Jump-jet Brute rush which could be at max pop by around 3-4 minutes and which left me undefeated for weeks, but honestly I can't be bothered cause you'ld just say "oh, sounds like you were just bad at the game" to which I say, that is the worst form of argument you could ever put forward. I don't need to be a mechanic to know that my car doesn't work, the same applies here. As a point of note I was a rather good player at the game, being taught by and playing often with some of the top players from the leaderboards, as well as knowing many of the strategies possible. So don't be that guy who says "oh, you were just bad etc". To note as well, I'm pretty sure me and two others were responsible to finding the 3 minute on the dot Scarab build, so we did know our stuff to be able to find that out.

So don't say Halo Wars 1 was balanced, as it was certainly far from it.
As I said, I think you weren't that good at the game because of statements you've made. Jetpack brutes got eaten up by jackal snipers. Flametroopers not so much because the flametroops had a short range but the flametroops Y ability was still useful. Everything had a counter in HW1. I played countless hours on that game and the only things that to me were unbalanced was when a Scarab could walk on the mountains on the snow map and take out your base. Engineers healing should have maxed out at some point like they do in this game. Flametroops needed a bit more range like in this game. That's honestly all I can think of though. In my opinion it was a great game and had great balance to it. If you wanna disagree that's fine but in my opinion you're wrong.

Okay byeeeee.
I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is, to be honest. I mean, I get what you're saying and all, but apart from a few cases the community really only ever gets worked up if something is blatantly wrong. Jerome/Mantis on launch, Forge hog buff, S1 Kinsano rabbits, pre-season Forge, Serina ice block exploit, Yapyap launch, and most recently Voridus' infusion gel ruining bases before someone can even build 4 buildings.

All of those are what the community has had to deal with and every one of these issues was met with an outcry from the community. Rightfully so. They broke the game and made it a horrible thing to play. At the very least it was insanely boring.

Apart from those examples the community really just kind of leaves it to a matter of opinion. We see quite a few people begging for an air nerf/AA buff, but it's been dismissed a lot. People have every right to voice their opinions EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG. The devs aren't going to read a thread that says "Buff AA 200%" and take it seriously. You seem to have this impression that any suggestion made on social media is going to be taken into consideration by the devs. Not true. More times than not they rely on the numbers reflected back from the playerbase. What leaders are being used, how much success is being met with each, and what are the build paths of each?

I read a bit more through the thread and when I got to the part where you (Nuchey) were trying to advocate that Halo Wars 1 was balanced... I just stopped. That game, fun as it was, was the pinnacle of imbalance. You said "everything in HW1 had a counter" and if you truly believe that then you weren't paying attention at all during your time playing it. Let me ask you this... what was the counter for canny/PT tanks? If you said Hunters or Cobras (their supposed hard counters), you're wrong. Banshees were a bit better, but not by much. And all it took was for the player to throw in anywhere from 3-6 wolves and he was fine against air spam. HW1 was in such a poor state of balance and had such bad DLC I can't anyone seriously that plays HW2 and says HW1's DLC or balance was better. It's objectively false. But as I said earlier, you can have your own opinion even if it's wrong.

This thread just comes across as elitist more than anything. "Don't listen to these plebs who don't know what they're talking about!" and then proceed to attempt to argue that HW1 was balanced and that every unit had a counter. Mind-blowing transition there.

That said, I'd only recommend you be a bit more specific in your claim because, again, apart from the drastic examples I listed in the first part of this post, what have they changed that "the community" asked for?
Quote:
...the only things that to me were unbalanced was when a Scarab could walk on the mountains on the snow map and take out your base. Engineers healing should have maxed out at some point like they do in this game. Flametroops needed a bit more range like in this game. That's honestly all I can think of though.
If those are seriously the only things you can see wrong with the balance of the HW1 sandbox.............
I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is, to be honest. I mean, I get what you're saying and all, but apart from a few cases the community really only ever gets worked up if something is blatantly wrong. Jerome/Mantis on launch, Forge hog buff, S1 Kinsano rabbits, pre-season Forge, Serina ice block exploit, Yapyap launch, and most recently Voridus' infusion gel ruining bases before someone can even build 4 buildings.

All of those are what the community has had to deal with and every one of these issues was met with an outcry from the community. Rightfully so. They broke the game and made it a horrible thing to play. At the very least it was insanely boring.

Apart from those examples the community really just kind of leaves it to a matter of opinion. We see quite a few people begging for an air nerf/AA buff, but it's been dismissed a lot. People have every right to voice their opinions EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG. The devs aren't going to read a thread that says "Buff AA 200%" and take it seriously. You seem to have this impression that any suggestion made on social media is going to be taken into consideration by the devs. Not true. More times than not they rely on the numbers reflected back from the playerbase. What leaders are being used, how much success is being met with each, and what are the build paths of each?

I read a bit more through the thread and when I got to the part where you (Nuchey) were trying to advocate that Halo Wars 1 was balanced... I just stopped. That game, fun as it was, was the pinnacle of imbalance. You said "everything in HW1 had a counter" and if you truly believe that then you weren't paying attention at all during your time playing it. Let me ask you this... what was the counter for canny/PT tanks? If you said Hunters or Cobras (their supposed hard counters), you're wrong. Banshees were a bit better, but not by much. And all it took was for the player to throw in anywhere from 3-6 wolves and he was fine against air spam. HW1 was in such a poor state of balance and had such bad DLC I can't anyone seriously that plays HW2 and says HW1's DLC or balance was better. It's objectively false. But as I said earlier, you can have your own opinion even if it's wrong.

This thread just comes across as elitist more than anything. "Don't listen to these plebs who don't know what they're talking about!" and then proceed to attempt to argue that HW1 was balanced and that every unit had a counter. Mind-blowing transition there.

That said, I'd only recommend you be a bit more specific in your claim because, again, apart from the drastic examples I listed in the first part of this post, what have they changed that "the community" asked for?
Idk Viper I'm honestly done with this thread it was probably a bad idea to begin with. I just find it odd the game has gone for weeks where it is broken (like look at all the examples you listed where the game went for weeks where it was either boring or broken). If you read the two posts above I outlined the counters to tanks in HW1. As I explained, hunters are infantry units and vehicles beat infantry so it made sense that tanks had an advantage against hunters.

Other counters include the brute chieftan hammer pulling your tanks towards his hunter army with engineers mixed in
Banshees were a good counter and if they had wolverines you could always use the banshees speed to attack their base and keep them distracted while your team got cobras into position.
Cobras were good counters to tanks but it was all about positioning. You can't just put them in an open field and be mad when you get canister shelled. You had to either put them in the back of your base or put them in a defensive position near a choke point then put your tanks in front of them to protect them. Win the engagement, then move on to the enemies base.

Are you really going to say that these examples above around wrong?

I really don't want to argue about HW1 anymore and I'm sorry if the OP came off as elitist but I guess that was unavoidable. You gave examples of player stats and build paths that the devs look at, and I said in the OP those are where they should get the majority of their feedback from. I think in large part the crazy rollercoaster ride that has been HW2 core gameplay has changed so much because they listen to the community too much.

Like YapYap for example. Everyone wanted a grunt leader so they made one; now look at him he's probably the least used leader in the game right now. He's fun to use for the lol's but after they made him they decided to mega nerf all his units. Playing him his a burden because his early game is beyond weak. Everyone complained that he could collect resources too fast with his free units and now it takes over 2 minutes to collect a bundle of supplies. That's what I'm afraid of for this next patch, that 343 will once again do something drastic and ruin more of their leaders.
nuchey wrote:
I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is, to be honest. I mean, I get what you're saying and all, but apart from a few cases the community really only ever gets worked up if something is blatantly wrong. Jerome/Mantis on launch, Forge hog buff, S1 Kinsano rabbits, pre-season Forge, Serina ice block exploit, Yapyap launch, and most recently Voridus' infusion gel ruining bases before someone can even build 4 buildings.

All of those are what the community has had to deal with and every one of these issues was met with an outcry from the community. Rightfully so. They broke the game and made it a horrible thing to play. At the very least it was insanely boring.

Apart from those examples the community really just kind of leaves it to a matter of opinion. We see quite a few people begging for an air nerf/AA buff, but it's been dismissed a lot. People have every right to voice their opinions EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG. The devs aren't going to read a thread that says "Buff AA 200%" and take it seriously. You seem to have this impression that any suggestion made on social media is going to be taken into consideration by the devs. Not true. More times than not they rely on the numbers reflected back from the playerbase. What leaders are being used, how much success is being met with each, and what are the build paths of each?

I read a bit more through the thread and when I got to the part where you (Nuchey) were trying to advocate that Halo Wars 1 was balanced... I just stopped. That game, fun as it was, was the pinnacle of imbalance. You said "everything in HW1 had a counter" and if you truly believe that then you weren't paying attention at all during your time playing it. Let me ask you this... what was the counter for canny/PT tanks? If you said Hunters or Cobras (their supposed hard counters), you're wrong. Banshees were a bit better, but not by much. And all it took was for the player to throw in anywhere from 3-6 wolves and he was fine against air spam. HW1 was in such a poor state of balance and had such bad DLC I can't anyone seriously that plays HW2 and says HW1's DLC or balance was better. It's objectively false. But as I said earlier, you can have your own opinion even if it's wrong.

This thread just comes across as elitist more than anything. "Don't listen to these plebs who don't know what they're talking about!" and then proceed to attempt to argue that HW1 was balanced and that every unit had a counter. Mind-blowing transition there.

That said, I'd only recommend you be a bit more specific in your claim because, again, apart from the drastic examples I listed in the first part of this post, what have they changed that "the community" asked for?
Idk Viper I'm honestly done with this thread it was probably a bad idea to begin with. I just find it odd the game has gone for weeks where it is broken (like look at all the examples you listed where the game went for weeks where it was either boring or broken). If you read the two posts above I outlined the counters to tanks in HW1. As I explained, hunters are infantry units and vehicles beat infantry so it made sense that tanks had an advantage against hunters.

Other counters include the brute chieftan hammer pulling your tanks towards his hunter army with engineers mixed in
Banshees were a good counter and if they had wolverines you could always use the banshees speed to attack their base and keep them distracted while your team got cobras into position.
Cobras were good counters to tanks but it was all about positioning. You can't just put them in an open field and be mad when you get canister shelled. You had to either put them in the back of your base or put them in a defensive position near a choke point then put your tanks in front of them to protect them. Win the engagement, then move on to the enemies base.

Are you really going to say that these examples above around wrong?

I really don't want to argue about HW1 anymore and I'm sorry if the OP came off as elitist but I guess that was unavoidable. You gave examples of player stats and build paths that the devs look at, and I said in the OP those are where they should get the majority of their feedback from. I think in large part the crazy rollercoaster ride that has been HW2 core gameplay has changed so much because they listen to the community too much.

Like YapYap for example. Everyone wanted a grunt leader so they made one; now look at him he's probably the least used leader in the game right now. He's fun to use for the lol's but after they made him they decided to mega nerf all his units. Playing him his a burden because his early game is beyond weak. Everyone complained that he could collect resources too fast with his free units and now it takes over 2 minutes to collect a bundle of supplies. That's what I'm afraid of for this next patch, that 343 will once again do something drastic and ruin more of their leaders.
Actually, I agree with you on a lot of what was said here. I anticipate that they will buff scout vehicles next patch and then Isabel will be dominant, or we will return to the Chopper meta. But I don't think it's an issue with listening to the community or not, I think it's an issue of over/under tuning a lot of their updates. Anvil Round 300% buff... like, I'm not sure why that was EVER a thing, lol.
THEWALL766 wrote:
So....your complaining about 343 listening to its players to much? While youre sitting there telling them not to listen to you? Ironic?
from my experiences this community is in the crapper because of people cant learn to counter instead just come here and expressed there demands.....oh i mean opinions
not pointing fingers but omg people like them are the same kind of people who ruined destiny 1 and 2
no solutions
no common sense
just complain complain and complain until they get what they want
1) You have only played around 60 games and half of them have been with Voridus, so I don't know what experiences you are drawing upon.

2) most of the posts you so unconstructively try to tare down are suggestion posts for ways to improve the balance of the game, if you can honestly say that everyone is complaining for the sake of complaining than you are either blind to how the game function or are just trolling

3) I will continue to complain until voridus's ability to shut down a rush with nothing but an infusion mine and a grenadier drop is fixed

4) I have NEVER seen you post anything constructive about any aspect of this game or what the next balance should be, again, I have only seen you on here to try and tear down other people who actually care about the state of this game
to be fair hes not wrong about the destiny 1 and 2 thing
i loved this game when it was a little after coloney drop i was at my prime back then now this game is about dead to me with all this nerf and buffs then wait a month until a fix then some more nerfs are buffs when they could be fixed in a day

but doesnt give ( moist pickle ) a right to be a jerk.
next time thewall just ignore him it doesn't help ,people like him feel more the need to be non constructive if you give him feed back
how to deal with trolls 101 man
Knowing when to say when is key
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4