Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

How to balance the game

OP CarsandCameras

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think we’ve covered just about every unit in this game so far 😂 everythings broken... Honestly i havent seen too much of an issue with turtling in professional style games. Any good player is going to be out getting map control and dwindling armies unless theyre getting rushed of course. I think shrouds are fine where they are unless you want to increase their cloak AoE a bit even though basically everything is an observer and banished shields arent that crazy. Also, 3 hunters in a banished shield should take out an army of warthogs because thats what you get for making full warthogs against 3 hunters, counter units specifically to vehicles😂. If you add a building killer aspect to the already fast and cheap to make warthog, they’ll become almost as broken as deci banshees. I do agree theres something lacking on the UNSC side. Ive always been a covy player and always will be, i just feel like they’re far superior. As for vultures, ive seen phoenix missiles nuke clustered armies as they’re intended to do as support. Snipers should be fragile. They’re one guy with crazy DPS to infantry that can, you know, snipe.. i think the issue a lot of you guys are having is that you want to bring this back to the old HW 1 days where you can unit spam 12 grizzlies and wipe a guy. The reason they made these drastic counter units (which i agree some need working like the cyclops) is so that you need more diversity in your army. You shouldnt be able to make 15 tanks and win a game however i also agree they shouldnt be able to take out air. I think anti air is fine where its at, its more so decimus’ buffs that make air broken. Hornets are very strong especially with nightingales that can heal 3 units at once so a simple solution is lower their HP or Def a bit. As for leader powers, idk why everyone complains about the mean beam. Yea its powerful but the glassing beam would be powerful. Just split your units. Honestly i think my only real complaint in this game is that they mixed PC playing with console playing.. anyone whos a big PC RTS guy will tell you, you have much better control on a pc than on xbox. I played a match last night where i glassing beamed one guys army and he instantly split in five directions at the same time. Its a clear advantage and very annoying.. feel free to disagree, just my 2 cents
Nerf Pav Burnout, revert the Nerf on banshees and make Boundless Syphon/Fury uneffective on banshees, swap mines and heavy metal for Isabel

That would help
Nerf pavium
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3