Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

how to beat serina

OP wydyadoit

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
wydyadoit wrote:
Anders. kodiaks and wolverines prevent her armies from getting close to you and keep you from having to get close to her bases. serina has no form of income bonuses of any kind. all she has are her defenses. in all honesty serina is terribly designed to fight mid game. her late game is okay and her early game is terrible. if you're getting stomped by serina you havent done your research - literally and figuratively.
Serina has a very strong early game with a Bison and Cryo opener and her late game is decent as well with Cryo plus Seismic drop. Not sure where you get that her early game is terrible especially when on her second leader point she can go capture all nodes and keep most of them the whole game without a strong need to go defend them.
OP loses more credibility with every post he/she makes. If you are going to make this type of post you should at least know what you're talking about.
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
PoopBoy1 wrote:
Personally her mid-game and late game imo are her strongest. Her Cyro Bomb + Seismic Shatter alone (especially maxed out) will wipe out entire armies lol
her powers are strong when combined, but you can say that about any leader when you enclose them in a bubble. she gets stronger the longer the game is drawn out, but then again so does atriox colony and isabel.
Cryo + Seismic is 500/500 so it doesn't matter if they're combined or not. Sure you spent 2 leader points on it. But look at it this way, spending 2 points on scatter bomb, hunters brand, emp blast won't have nearly the same impact as cryo+seismic has.
So it doesn't matter how you look at it, it is blatantly overpowered.
I also find it really hypocritical that you say "if you're getting stomped by serina you havent done your research - literally and figuratively" yet you haven't provided any evidence to support early game Ice Barrier base freeze to not be OP. In fact you're not mentioning it once. So that leads me to believe YOU haven't done your research - literally and figuratively.
no need to be rude. her seismic is meant to chunk frozen units for hp damage and her cryo bomb freezes units. they're meant to be used in tandem with each other, but you cant rely on them to be your army and her army is hard to sustain due to her not having any form of income enhancement. if her seismic seems overloaded it's probably due to how often she's allowed to use it. it is after all meant to be used rapidly as her main form of punishment and harass. freezing units is all well and good since they cant attack back and can allow you to win exchanges, but due to her lack of income and deployment options she is going to have smaller armies. that's a fact.
Not being rude at all. And yet you didn't address the ice barrier thing. Her early game is not terrible when she can stop the enemy income/production and hold nodes so easily.
Sure she doesn't have eco bonuses, but not every leader has them (for example Jerome, which is still a solid leader), and even though she has no mobility in the form of PT or speed buffs she makes up for it by having movespeed debuffs.
I don't see how having no eco bonuses = having always smaller armies? So Colony, Decimus, Shipmaster, Cutter, Jerome can't have big armies? I don't get your point.
...
i think it's expensive, but effective if it's used correctly. it's about like living barrier, but a little better, because even though it works as temporary terrain, it also has a passive aoe. her mines however are better because the grant more immediate freeze and deal damage and have a faster cooldown. use them to protect your bison from approaching land units.
i watched. i wasnt impressed. could i beat them? probably not. they're good at producing units, but not so great at managing them. from what i've seen they build all of the same unit and just rush with it. the person who has the losing unit loses and the person with the winning unit has to dodge a flurry of ability powers. if they dont dodge then they lose. the guy didnt even use the frost raven and that's literally serinas strongest unit.
You're not aware of the exploit. If you use Ice barrier on an enemy base it will freeze it in short intervals effectively stopping resource collection and production. That's about the best economy LP currently.
...
Look man. I'm a champion player. I have been every season. I know how to keep units away from my base; I'm not stupid. This simply doesn't work. All they have to do is do a drive-by with a scout, and BOOM. Your base is frozen. If you have a way marines can catch a scout to kill it, I'd love to hear it.Then, the ice blocks aren't the only problem. It's what comes next. The ice blocks delay your production JUST enough that you can't effectively get a hero or too many units out. If you invest in more marines to destroy the blocks, there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent phase 2. Up rolls the ice cream man, and there's VERY little you can do at that point. You're already behind on recourses and when that rolling refrigerator locks down you're basically done; your production halts constantly without your opponent having to spend on recourses. From there, Serina just has to send icebringers and it's G f'ing G.
Competent players use the rush in this method. It is extremely hard; bordering on impossible, to stop. Not to mention, even if this rush fails, Serina has INSANE area denial on the map thanks to her freezing auras, and engaging her anywhere on her own territory puts you at the largest attacker's disadvantage of any leader in the game.
Then, we get to her DPS. Say you make it to late-game with this strategy. All she has to do is get line of sight, drop a cryo bomb, then her unit drop. That unit drop hits with 3 seismic charges, so literally any unit that is frozen and not a super unit dies instantly. That's CRAZY late game. That combo does more damage than standing in an eradication drop for the full duration, without the huge startup. If that's not broken, I don't know what is.
Serina needs a major rework. She's broken as hell and theres no "how to beat her" solution currently in the game. If skill levels are set equal between players, the Serina will win most of the time.
if she's so powerful play her and stop complaining about how much you've lost. serina vs serina seems like a fair fight to me.

*edit*

and then if a rework comes out you can learn to play whoever secedes her.
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
PoopBoy1 wrote:
Personally her mid-game and late game imo are her strongest. Her Cyro Bomb + Seismic Shatter alone (especially maxed out) will wipe out entire armies lol
her powers are strong when combined, but you can say that about any leader when you enclose them in a bubble. she gets stronger the longer the game is drawn out, but then again so does atriox colony and isabel.
Cryo + Seismic is 500/500 so it doesn't matter if they're combined or not. Sure you spent 2 leader points on it. But look at it this way, spending 2 points on scatter bomb, hunters brand, emp blast won't have nearly the same impact as cryo+seismic has.
So it doesn't matter how you look at it, it is blatantly overpowered.
I also find it really hypocritical that you say "if you're getting stomped by serina you havent done your research - literally and figuratively" yet you haven't provided any evidence to support early game Ice Barrier base freeze to not be OP. In fact you're not mentioning it once. So that leads me to believe YOU haven't done your research - literally and figuratively.
no need to be rude. her seismic is meant to chunk frozen units for hp damage and her cryo bomb freezes units. they're meant to be used in tandem with each other, but you cant rely on them to be your army and her army is hard to sustain due to her not having any form of income enhancement. if her seismic seems overloaded it's probably due to how often she's allowed to use it. it is after all meant to be used rapidly as her main form of punishment and harass. freezing units is all well and good since they cant attack back and can allow you to win exchanges, but due to her lack of income and deployment options she is going to have smaller armies. that's a fact.
Not being rude at all. And yet you didn't address the ice barrier thing. Her early game is not terrible when she can stop the enemy income/production and hold nodes so easily.
Sure she doesn't have eco bonuses, but not every leader has them (for example Jerome, which is still a solid leader), and even though she has no mobility in the form of PT or speed buffs she makes up for it by having movespeed debuffs.
I don't see how having no eco bonuses = having always smaller armies? So Colony, Decimus, Shipmaster, Cutter, Jerome can't have big armies? I don't get your point.
...
i think it's expensive, but effective if it's used correctly. it's about like living barrier, but a little better, because even though it works as temporary terrain, it also has a passive aoe. her mines however are better because the grant more immediate freeze and deal damage and have a faster cooldown. use them to protect your bison from approaching land units.
i watched. i wasnt impressed. could i beat them? probably not. they're good at producing units, but not so great at managing them. from what i've seen they build all of the same unit and just rush with it. the person who has the losing unit loses and the person with the winning unit has to dodge a flurry of ability powers. if they dont dodge then they lose. the guy didnt even use the frost raven and that's literally serinas strongest unit.
You're not aware of the exploit. If you use Ice barrier on an enemy base it will freeze it in short intervals effectively stopping resource collection and production. That's about the best economy LP currently.
...
Look man. I'm a champion player. I have been every season. I know how to keep units away from my base; I'm not stupid. This simply doesn't work. All they have to do is do a drive-by with a scout, and BOOM. Your base is frozen. If you have a way marines can catch a scout to kill it, I'd love to hear it.Then, the ice blocks aren't the only problem. It's what comes next. The ice blocks delay your production JUST enough that you can't effectively get a hero or too many units out. If you invest in more marines to destroy the blocks, there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent phase 2. Up rolls the ice cream man, and there's VERY little you can do at that point. You're already behind on recourses and when that rolling refrigerator locks down you're basically done; your production halts constantly without your opponent having to spend on recourses. From there, Serina just has to send icebringers and it's G f'ing G.
Competent players use the rush in this method. It is extremely hard; bordering on impossible, to stop. Not to mention, even if this rush fails, Serina has INSANE area denial on the map thanks to her freezing auras, and engaging her anywhere on her own territory puts you at the largest attacker's disadvantage of any leader in the game.
Then, we get to her DPS. Say you make it to late-game with this strategy. All she has to do is get line of sight, drop a cryo bomb, then her unit drop. That unit drop hits with 3 seismic charges, so literally any unit that is frozen and not a super unit dies instantly. That's CRAZY late game. That combo does more damage than standing in an eradication drop for the full duration, without the huge startup. If that's not broken, I don't know what is.
Serina needs a major rework. She's broken as hell and theres no "how to beat her" solution currently in the game. If skill levels are set equal between players, the Serina will win most of the time.
if she's so powerful play her and stop complaining about how much you've lost. serina vs serina seems like a fair fight to me.

*edit*

and then if a rework comes out you can learn to play whoever secedes her.
Your response is the biggest cop out ever, you don't need to be a jerk just because someone replies to you with a logical answer. Lego is not complaining, he is stating fact that almost every player in the top 50 agrees with.

Don't be so sensitive, its a flipping video game man.
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
wydyadoit wrote:
PoopBoy1 wrote:
Personally her mid-game and late game imo are her strongest. Her Cyro Bomb + Seismic Shatter alone (especially maxed out) will wipe out entire armies lol
her powers are strong when combined, but you can say that about any leader when you enclose them in a bubble. she gets stronger the longer the game is drawn out, but then again so does atriox colony and isabel.
Cryo + Seismic is 500/500 so it doesn't matter if they're combined or not. Sure you spent 2 leader points on it. But look at it this way, spending 2 points on scatter bomb, hunters brand, emp blast won't have nearly the same impact as cryo+seismic has.
So it doesn't matter how you look at it, it is blatantly overpowered.
I also find it really hypocritical that you say "if you're getting stomped by serina you havent done your research - literally and figuratively" yet you haven't provided any evidence to support early game Ice Barrier base freeze to not be OP. In fact you're not mentioning it once. So that leads me to believe YOU haven't done your research - literally and figuratively.
no need to be rude. her seismic is meant to chunk frozen units for hp damage and her cryo bomb freezes units. they're meant to be used in tandem with each other, but you cant rely on them to be your army and her army is hard to sustain due to her not having any form of income enhancement. if her seismic seems overloaded it's probably due to how often she's allowed to use it. it is after all meant to be used rapidly as her main form of punishment and harass. freezing units is all well and good since they cant attack back and can allow you to win exchanges, but due to her lack of income and deployment options she is going to have smaller armies. that's a fact.
Not being rude at all. And yet you didn't address the ice barrier thing. Her early game is not terrible when she can stop the enemy income/production and hold nodes so easily.
Sure she doesn't have eco bonuses, but not every leader has them (for example Jerome, which is still a solid leader), and even though she has no mobility in the form of PT or speed buffs she makes up for it by having movespeed debuffs.
I don't see how having no eco bonuses = having always smaller armies? So Colony, Decimus, Shipmaster, Cutter, Jerome can't have big armies? I don't get your point.
...
i think it's expensive, but effective if it's used correctly. it's about like living barrier, but a little better, because even though it works as temporary terrain, it also has a passive aoe. her mines however are better because the grant more immediate freeze and deal damage and have a faster cooldown. use them to protect your bison from approaching land units.
i watched. i wasnt impressed. could i beat them? probably not. they're good at producing units, but not so great at managing them. from what i've seen they build all of the same unit and just rush with it. the person who has the losing unit loses and the person with the winning unit has to dodge a flurry of ability powers. if they dont dodge then they lose. the guy didnt even use the frost raven and that's literally serinas strongest unit.
You're not aware of the exploit. If you use Ice barrier on an enemy base it will freeze it in short intervals effectively stopping resource collection and production. That's about the best economy LP currently.
...
Look man. I'm a champion player. I have been every season. I know how to keep units away from my base; I'm not stupid. This simply doesn't work. All they have to do is do a drive-by with a scout, and BOOM. Your base is frozen. If you have a way marines can catch a scout to kill it, I'd love to hear it.Then, the ice blocks aren't the only problem. It's what comes next. The ice blocks delay your production JUST enough that you can't effectively get a hero or too many units out. If you invest in more marines to destroy the blocks, there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent phase 2. Up rolls the ice cream man, and there's VERY little you can do at that point. You're already behind on recourses and when that rolling refrigerator locks down you're basically done; your production halts constantly without your opponent having to spend on recourses. From there, Serina just has to send icebringers and it's G f'ing G.
Competent players use the rush in this method. It is extremely hard; bordering on impossible, to stop. Not to mention, even if this rush fails, Serina has INSANE area denial on the map thanks to her freezing auras, and engaging her anywhere on her own territory puts you at the largest attacker's disadvantage of any leader in the game.
Then, we get to her DPS. Say you make it to late-game with this strategy. All she has to do is get line of sight, drop a cryo bomb, then her unit drop. That unit drop hits with 3 seismic charges, so literally any unit that is frozen and not a super unit dies instantly. That's CRAZY late game. That combo does more damage than standing in an eradication drop for the full duration, without the huge startup. If that's not broken, I don't know what is.
Serina needs a major rework. She's broken as hell and theres no "how to beat her" solution currently in the game. If skill levels are set equal between players, the Serina will win most of the time.
if she's so powerful play her and stop complaining about how much you've lost. serina vs serina seems like a fair fight to me.

*edit*

and then if a rework comes out you can learn to play whoever secedes her.
Your response is the biggest cop out ever, you don't need to be a jerk just because someone replies to you with a logical answer. Lego is not complaining, he is stating fact that almost every player in the top 50 agrees with.

Don't be so sensitive, its a flipping video game man.
im not. i wholeheartedly disagree with serina being broken. there's no point in discussing the matter when players start holding ranks over your head. so to those types of players i say if it's broken just play her. it'll get patched either way. then you can whine about her being underpowered as well. to anyone who cant play something broken then maybe it's not broken. it's that simple. it's not a matter of "oh i dont know how to player her yet" or whatever excuse. if she's broken then anyone challenger should be able to mop the floor with those who arent playing her.
air is serinas weakness
air is serinas weakness
banshees specifically.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3