Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

How to Counter Air Spam

OP Evanescence426

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I see a lot of people complaining about air being op or broken but I would like to offer some tips and advice to deal with air. If anyone has other tips or thinks I’m wrong please comment below.

First off I will say that air can be difficult to overcome if you give your opponent ample time to get t3 and a full army. But the best way to deal with air is to never let it reach that point in a game. If your opponent is going full air then you need to be applying as much pressure on their side as possible to prevent them from mustering a fully upgraded and max pop air army. I am a firm believer that EVERY GAME you should have a minimum of 3 reavers / wolverines built up when you first get tech 2. These units come in very handy in stopping people using engineers, shrouds, and nightingales against you. They also give you some insurance against an opponent making air right out of the gate. Adjust that number of anti air units based on how much air you see but always have a few in your army no matter what!!

Tip 1 : always make support units with your anti air (engineers , shrouds , nightingales). These units will keep your anti air alive and gives you a much better chance of defeating an air army. Abuse the cloaking ability on shrouds and nightingales. You would be amazed how often you can cloak your whole army and be able to shred an air army.

Tip 2 : learn how to effectively defend against enemy leader powers. Almost every leader in the game has a good way to negate another leader power. Some banished players can use teleport to teleport away from a glassing beam or eradication. Engineers and nightingales will take some of the brunt of a leader power and allow your units to survive other leader powers like carpet bomb or archer missiles. Atriox can use unbreakable. Arbiter can stasis his army to negate damage. Most UNSCs can use heavy metal or a heal.

Tip 3 : Scout!!
Tip 4 : Diversify your army. Don’t just make Anti air, but build main units with your anti air and mix in counter units when you need to. This allows you to go on the offensive once you beat an air army. Otherwise you are playing defense the whole game which is a losing mentality.
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
Listen . I play solo in 3s. Air units is a problem when your playing against a team that plays together .

any vehicle should have energy cost . Air control is key in 3s. Oh me too I’ve beat some pretty good players ;). But heck what do I know . I have to arbiter rush every game to practically win because if I don’t then it’s air rush against us . So please before you come around all cocky . You know air is broken if the majority of people speak on it. Oh ur good at countering against air unit ? try against 3 champs and your the only champ on your team to counter. 1 lucky Win doesn’t make u a teacher.
this season play solo in 3s and well see if these tips work . Because they don’t . They only work if the whole team has to change to counter mass air unit.

the majority of players play solo in 3s because they love team games but air IS broken due to the fact it’s cheap to produce. Majority of games won is BECAUSE of air units. I haven’t seen one game won because of mass tank units.
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
I think i'll take any advice I can get, thank you very much.
God1383 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
I think i'll take any advice I can get, thank you very much.
What I’m saying is the air unit is broken . It’s been proven over time. It’s too inexpensive to produce
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
I think i'll take any advice I can get, thank you very much.
What I’m saying is the air unit is broken . It’s been proven over time. It’s too inexpensive to produce
Considering the probability of the cost of Air units increasing is next to zero, it's fine that someone could be seeking advice on how to counter air units. Especially in teams.
Unfortunately the only solution is not to allow them to mass air. Moderate amounts of air are frail, en masse it’s dangerous. Doesn’t matter how much AA you build because the air units have superior mobility, you won’t be able to chase. Smart opponents will continuously target weak points with his air army. Put the fight on their door step before they can mass air. If you let them mass it’s your fault, keep honing your skills. If you’re playing 3s with randoms, you have to accept that you may end up with scrubs.
Unfortunately the only solution is not to allow them to mass air. Moderate amounts of air are frail, en masse it’s dangerous. Doesn’t matter how much AA you build because the air units have superior mobility, you won’t be able to chase. Smart opponents will continuously target weak points with his air army. Put the fight on their door step before they can mass air. If you let them mass it’s your fault, keep honing your skills. If you’re playing 3s with randoms, you have to accept that you may end up with scrubs.
Again. Not everyone is fortunate to have teams available to play with them at all times. When with planned teams, it doesn’t make a difference air has a bigger superiority over any other units. my point is when’s the last time you’ve seen a mass vehicule “”tanks” win games ? It doesn’t happen. Air control wins the majority of games .
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
I DONT THINK YOU PEOPLE WILL EVER GET THIS!.... i dont rush successfully every game because im not God.....IF THE ONLY DEFENSE FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IS "just kill them before they can amass an air army"...THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN.... I shouldnt have to worry every game to go past 10 minutes for fear of an air army raping my bases and armyy
A BA93L wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
I DONT THINK YOU PEOPLE WILL EVER GET THIS!.... i dont rush successfully every game because im not God.....IF THE ONLY DEFENSE FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IS "just kill them before they can amass an air army"...THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN.... I shouldnt have to worry every game to go past 10 minutes for fear of an air army raping my bases and armyy
I'm not even talking about rushing, I'm talking about having presence early game which allows you to push once you get a force on tech 2 if the enemy is sitting doing nothing but building air units. It's the same if someone sits back and goes straight for a scarab if you don't push it's your fault. It's a stratergy game not a base building simulator.
A BA93L wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
I DONT THINK YOU PEOPLE WILL EVER GET THIS!.... i dont rush successfully every game because im not God.....IF THE ONLY DEFENSE FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IS "just kill them before they can amass an air army"...THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN.... I shouldnt have to worry every game to go past 10 minutes for fear of an air army raping my bases and armyy
I'm not even talking about rushing, I'm talking about having presence early game which allows you to push once you get a force on tech 2 if the enemy is sitting doing nothing but building air units. It's the same if someone sits back and goes straight for a scarab if you don't push it's your fault. It's a stratergy game not a base building simulator.
Well said, “not a base building simulator”. I tell my friends who are learning the ropes in this game to have a mentality of “if you don’t have it, they must have it”. If your army is sitting infront of your base doing nothing then you’re putting yourself in a position to get bombarded with air. Simple as that.
A BA93L wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
I DONT THINK YOU PEOPLE WILL EVER GET THIS!.... i dont rush successfully every game because im not God.....IF THE ONLY DEFENSE FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IS "just kill them before they can amass an air army"...THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN.... I shouldnt have to worry every game to go past 10 minutes for fear of an air army raping my bases and armyy
That’s exactly my point . Nobody stresses for warthogs or tanks.The whole 3 min game is about who goes air first and fast. You do the exact steps to prevent an air rush but then since you have nothing but anti air units out they’ll switch up to counter your pointless units then switch back to air . It’s really sad what this game came to be.

i can accept losing to a rush but losing to air and having actually AA units in the same time makes zero sense.

put in energy cost for any vehicle enough said.
A BA93L wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
I DONT THINK YOU PEOPLE WILL EVER GET THIS!.... i dont rush successfully every game because im not God.....IF THE ONLY DEFENSE FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IS "just kill them before they can amass an air army"...THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN.... I shouldnt have to worry every game to go past 10 minutes for fear of an air army raping my bases and armyy
I'm not even talking about rushing, I'm talking about having presence early game which allows you to push once you get a force on tech 2 if the enemy is sitting doing nothing but building air units. It's the same if someone sits back and goes straight for a scarab if you don't push it's your fault. It's a stratergy game not a base building simulator.
Well said, “not a base building simulator”. I tell my friends who are learning the ropes in this game to have a mentality of “if you don’t have it, they must have it”. If your army is sitting infront of your base doing nothing then you’re putting yourself in a position to get bombarded with air. Simple as that.
Who’s to say our units are staying at our base? By the time we get to their base their air unit is already around the map destroying bases EVEN with AA turrets.

again, when’s the last time you lost a game due to too many tanks on the battlefield. And if you did lose games to tanks compare it to air lost games.

and if your gonna come back and say oh I never lose I’m a pro. Then try solo in 3s and let’s see if your skill follows through because it really won’t . Not only we have many 2nd accounts boosting the top players so the soloers in 3s get teamed with platinum players and lose to this .
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
A BA93L wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
I DONT THINK YOU PEOPLE WILL EVER GET THIS!.... i dont rush successfully every game because im not God.....IF THE ONLY DEFENSE FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IS "just kill them before they can amass an air army"...THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN.... I shouldnt have to worry every game to go past 10 minutes for fear of an air army raping my bases and armyy
That’s exactly my point . Nobody stresses for warthogs or tanks.The whole 3 min game is about who goes air first and fast. You do the exact steps to prevent an air rush but then since you have nothing but anti air units out they’ll switch up to counter your pointless units then switch back to air . It’s really sad what this game came to be.

i can accept losing to a rush but losing to air and having actually AA units in the same time makes zero sense.

put in energy cost for any vehicle enough said.
Meh air spams usually only consist of Banshees or Hornets you could easily set a nighting gale to stay at your base/s and have it fire a smoke round to prevent hornets/banshees from attacking it, if they carry nighting gales or engineers around with their spam they sacrifice lots of mobility, you could always smoke your own units too instead of smoking the enemy when being attacked by a hornet/banshee spam. Sounds to me like you just spas when you get hit and quit. Just be more mindful when getting attacked and don't loose your cool.
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
A BA93L wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
I DONT THINK YOU PEOPLE WILL EVER GET THIS!.... i dont rush successfully every game because im not God.....IF THE ONLY DEFENSE FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IS "just kill them before they can amass an air army"...THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN.... I shouldnt have to worry every game to go past 10 minutes for fear of an air army raping my bases and armyy
That’s exactly my point . Nobody stresses for warthogs or tanks.The whole 3 min game is about who goes air first and fast. You do the exact steps to prevent an air rush but then since you have nothing but anti air units out they’ll switch up to counter your pointless units then switch back to air . It’s really sad what this game came to be.

i can accept losing to a rush but losing to air and having actually AA units in the same time makes zero sense.

put in energy cost for any vehicle enough said.
Meh air spams usually only consist of Banshees or Hornets you could easily set a nighting gale to stay at your base/s and have it fire a smoke round to prevent hornets/banshees from attacking it, if they carry nighting gales or engineers around with their spam they sacrifice lots of mobility, you could always smoke your own units too instead of smoking the enemy when being attacked by a hornet/banshee spam. Sounds to me like you just spas when you get hit and quit. Just be more mindful when getting attacked and don't loose your cool.
Okay let’s see if that works against 2 full armies of hornets. Them smokes won’t last long enough
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
A BA93L wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
I DONT THINK YOU PEOPLE WILL EVER GET THIS!.... i dont rush successfully every game because im not God.....IF THE ONLY DEFENSE FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IS "just kill them before they can amass an air army"...THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN.... I shouldnt have to worry every game to go past 10 minutes for fear of an air army raping my bases and armyy
That’s exactly my point . Nobody stresses for warthogs or tanks.The whole 3 min game is about who goes air first and fast. You do the exact steps to prevent an air rush but then since you have nothing but anti air units out they’ll switch up to counter your pointless units then switch back to air . It’s really sad what this game came to be.

i can accept losing to a rush but losing to air and having actually AA units in the same time makes zero sense.

put in energy cost for any vehicle enough said.
Meh air spams usually only consist of Banshees or Hornets you could easily set a nighting gale to stay at your base/s and have it fire a smoke round to prevent hornets/banshees from attacking it, if they carry nighting gales or engineers around with their spam they sacrifice lots of mobility, you could always smoke your own units too instead of smoking the enemy when being attacked by a hornet/banshee spam. Sounds to me like you just spas when you get hit and quit. Just be more mindful when getting attacked and don't loose your cool.
Okay let’s see if that works against 2 full armies of hornets. Them smokes won’t last long enough
I mean if you’re in 3s and have an enemy with mass air just have one teammate stay in the middle of the bases on your side of the map while they push. If you see the mass air army defending then the defender can push with you. As casualties start to roll up, have everyone comprise new units that are AA just incase their mass air decides to make a push.
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
A BA93L wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
I DONT THINK YOU PEOPLE WILL EVER GET THIS!.... i dont rush successfully every game because im not God.....IF THE ONLY DEFENSE FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IS "just kill them before they can amass an air army"...THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN.... I shouldnt have to worry every game to go past 10 minutes for fear of an air army raping my bases and armyy
That’s exactly my point . Nobody stresses for warthogs or tanks.The whole 3 min game is about who goes air first and fast. You do the exact steps to prevent an air rush but then since you have nothing but anti air units out they’ll switch up to counter your pointless units then switch back to air . It’s really sad what this game came to be.

i can accept losing to a rush but losing to air and having actually AA units in the same time makes zero sense.

put in energy cost for any vehicle enough said.
Meh air spams usually only consist of Banshees or Hornets you could easily set a nighting gale to stay at your base/s and have it fire a smoke round to prevent hornets/banshees from attacking it, if they carry nighting gales or engineers around with their spam they sacrifice lots of mobility, you could always smoke your own units too instead of smoking the enemy when being attacked by a hornet/banshee spam. Sounds to me like you just spas when you get hit and quit. Just be more mindful when getting attacked and don't loose your cool.
Okay let’s see if that works against 2 full armies of hornets. Them smokes won’t last long enough
If you make a locust reaver elite ranger counterball with support Troops at t2 and your opponent is also t2 and going straight air it’s bacically an auto win. T2 air kinda sucks and it’s the perfect time to attack and win. You could just walk over to a base and drop the air pads In a matter of seconds and you basically just won.
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
God1383 wrote:
These are some pretty solid tips! As someone who recently started playing 3v3’s, it nice to have some tactics up my sleeve to stop the ever constant air spam.
I wouldn’t even take the guys advice . They are op simply because they don’t cost much . It’s very imbalanced. If you try to push them early game they’ll have infantry units and figure a way to counter u easily then switch over to air because they are cheap. Once they they go air . Good luck defending your bases across the map . Then they get map control and it’s over. The past 3 games I lost is really because of air units not because “I was countered badly. Just because all 3 went air.

they need to cost energy and resources like most vehicles.
Warthogs which are the vehicle equivalent of hornet do not cost power. They even cost less then hornets sooooooooooo your argument doesn't really work I'm afraid. I don't really have issues dealing with air and if my opponents do try and go air it's normally an easy win. But what do I know right I've only beaten the number 1 ranked 3v3 player in this game.;)
Listen . I play solo in 3s. Air units is a problem when your playing against a team that plays together .

any vehicle should have energy cost . Air control is key in 3s. Oh me too I’ve beat some pretty good players ;). But heck what do I know . I have to arbiter rush every game to practically win because if I don’t then it’s air rush against us . So please before you come around all cocky . You know air is broken if the majority of people speak on it. Oh ur good at countering against air unit ? try against 3 champs and your the only champ on your team to counter. 1 lucky Win doesn’t make u a teacher.
this season play solo in 3s and well see if these tips work . Because they don’t . They only work if the whole team has to change to counter mass air unit.

the majority of players play solo in 3s because they love team games but air IS broken due to the fact it’s cheap to produce. Majority of games won is BECAUSE of air units. I haven’t seen one game won because of mass tank units.
Well there is your problem, you are facing multiple people going air by yourself! Of course you are going to lose. If it’s a 1v1 then it would be an easy win
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2