Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

How Would You Rank Leaders Best to Worst?

OP Turtle Boy 1999

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
You can leave a simple list or a detailed one, if you’d like. I was interested in seeing how you rank them as they are at the moment. For me, ignoring my own biases-

1- Jerome
2- Voridus
3- Pavium
4- Shippy
5- Cutter
6- Colony
7- Forge
8- Atriox
9- Arby
10- Kinsano
11- YapYap
12- Isabel
13- Decimus

What do you think?
I would rank them like that

1. Jerome
2. Anders/Shipmaster
3. Atriox/Forge/ Colony
4. Cutter/Voridus/Decimus/Johnson/Arbiter
5. Isabel/Kinsano/Yap Yap/ Pavium
6. Serina/
You can leave a simple list or a detailed one, if you’d like. I was interested in seeing how you rank them as they are at the moment. For me, ignoring my own biases-

1- Jerome
2- Voridus
3- Pavium
4- Shippy
5- Cutter
6- Colony
7- Forge
8- Atriox
9- Arby
10- Kinsano
11- YapYap
12- Isabel
13- Decimus

What do you think?
I can't judge how good/bad your list is because I don't know what format you're referring to. I only know about 1v1, and in that scope this list is hot garbage; because of this I assume it isn't for that so I'll be ignoring your list and providing my own based on 1v1.

1- Jerome - but only because of the crazy good hero and the lack of answers to him; otherwise I'd put him between Cutter and Colony.
2- Anders - R&D gives her a brutal early game and the synergy retriever can devour bases if backed up.
3- Forge - Rolling Eco, that is all.
4- Shippy - Unkillable hero, GB3, and some of the best hit and run plays in the game.
5- Decimus - Boundless Grunts can eat bases and most other units.
6- Voridus - Combat Spoils fueled rushes are risky, but if they work you win.
7- Atriox - Great hero, great abilities, fast and cheap expos.
8- Arbiter - Not the god he once was, but CoR is still a great ability.
9- Cutter - Speedy marines and ODSTs give him a really strong early game, just don't expect to survive the late game.
10- Colony - Tanky hero, great minibase control, and the best unit drop in the game.
11- Kinsano - Awful tech 1, tech 2 is really good, tech 3 is absolutely backbreaking.
12- YapYap - Can't answer Hellbringers, but he has a gnarly tech 1 so he isn't totally irrelevant.
13- Isabel - Slow af for half the game, then gets mega tanks.
14- Pavium - 6:30 scarab or double pumping 6:00 wraiths are the best strategies, but they fold to rushes and scouting.
15- Johnson - Slowest early game of the list, but his tech 3 is pretty much unbeatable.
16- Serina - One trick pony; deploy the ice cream truck on their base and pump marines/hailbringers. Nothing else works, and she is very predictable because of it.
AcE Hisoka wrote:

1. Jerome
2. Anders/Shipmaster
3. Atriox/Forge/ Colony
6. Serina/
AcE Hisoka wrote:

1. Jerome
2. Anders/Shipmaster
3. Atriox/Forge/ Colony
6. Serina/
Idk i think anders should be moved down 1 and move troxy and forge up one. Good list though, mostly. I am surprised where pavium is too. He is insane in the right hands past t1 and completely stupid anywhere past 15mins. There are leaders that have better late games but he is still strong and he is not too hard to get going with OP eco.
Y'all are sleeping on pavium
S-Tier
Anders
Ship

A-Tier
Jerome
Forge
Decimus
Atriox
Pavium

B-Tier
Cutter
Izzy
Colony
Voridus
Yap Yap
Arbiter

C-Tier
Kinsano
Serina
Johnson

My opinion, roast me as you see fit
THEWALL766 wrote:
S-Tier
Anders
Ship

A-Tier
Jerome
Forge
Decimus
Atriox
Pavium

B-Tier
Cutter
Izzy
Colony
Voridus
Yap Yap
Arbiter

C-Tier
Kinsano
Serina
Johnson

Your list looks pretty great tbh, only thing I'd do is put Serina in D tier, and make Voridus A tier; rest of it looks fine.
THEWALL766 wrote:
S-Tier
Anders
Ship

A-Tier
Jerome
Forge
Decimus
Atriox
Pavium

B-Tier
Cutter
Izzy
Colony
Voridus
Yap Yap
Arbiter

C-Tier
Kinsano
Serina
Johnson

Your list looks pretty great tbh, only thing I'd do is put Serina in D tier, and make Voridus A tier; rest of it looks fine.
I love voridus but I think his difficulty killing heroes in T1 sets him back a lot. I agree serina is the worst but I don't think there is enough of a difference within the C tier leaders to justify a D-tier
THEWALL766 wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
I love voridus but I think his difficulty killing heroes in T1 sets him back a lot. I agree serina is the worst but I don't think there is enough of a difference within the C tier leaders to justify a D-tier
Oh, yeah Voridus can't kill heroes without divine intervention, but his aggressiveness working so well with combat spoils tends to let him ignore their hero and wail on them from several angles. Hero isn't a problem if he spends half the battle running to get there.

Johnson at least has a brutal tech 3, and Kinsano has a pretty good tech 2 and 3, but Serina has a poor tech 1, outright bad tech 2, and a pretty disappointing tech 3.

1- Jerome
2- Voridus
3- Pavium
4- Shippy
5- Cutter
6- Colony
7- Forge
8- Atriox
9- Arby
10- Kinsano
11- YapYap
12- Isabel
13- Decimus

What do you think?
I can't judge how good/bad your list is because I don't know what format you're referring to. I only know about 1v1, and in that scope this list is hot garbage; because of this I assume it isn't for that so I'll be ignoring your list and providing my own based on 1v1.

1- Jerome - but only because of the crazy good hero and the lack of answers to him; otherwise I'd put him between Cutter and Colony.
2- Anders - R&D gives her a brutal early game and the synergy retriever can devour bases if backed up.
3- Forge - Rolling Eco, that is all.
4- Shippy - Unkillable hero, GB3, and some of the best hit and run plays in the game.
5- Decimus - Boundless Grunts can eat bases and most other units.
6- Voridus - Combat Spoils fueled rushes are risky, but if they work you win.
7- Atriox - Great hero, great abilities, fast and cheap expos.
8- Arbiter - Not the god he once was, but CoR is still a great ability.
9- Cutter - Speedy marines and ODSTs give him a really strong early game, just don't expect to survive the late game.
10- Colony - Tanky hero, great minibase control, and the best unit drop in the game.
11- Kinsano - Awful tech 1, tech 2 is really good, tech 3 is absolutely backbreaking.
12- YapYap - Can't answer Hellbringers, but he has a gnarly tech 1 so he isn't totally irrelevant.
13- Isabel - Slow af for half the game, then gets mega tanks.
14- Pavium - 6:30 scarab or double pumping 6:00 wraiths are the best strategies, but they fold to rushes and scouting.
15- Johnson - Slowest early game of the list, but his tech 3 is pretty much unbeatable.
16- Serina - One trick pony; deploy the ice cream truck on their base and pump marines/hailbringers. Nothing else works, and she is very predictable because of it.
Just in general. I never play 1v1, as I find teamwork (even with randoms, provided they have common sense) more enjoyable.

I forgot Johnson, but I agree with your placement of him. How is Kinsano T1 awful?
THEWALL766 wrote:
S-Tier
Anders
Ship

A-Tier
Jerome
Forge
Decimus
Atriox
Pavium

B-Tier
Cutter
Izzy
Colony
Voridus
Yap Yap
Arbiter

C-Tier
Kinsano
Serina
Johnson

Only Kinsano and Voridus are capable of roasting you :p

(joking)

Interesting placements, for sure. Anders I found enjoyable when I mained her, in the days of Sentinel Spam (Geez... I crashed my own game with the amount of sentinels. I had ONLY sentinels once and wiped 3 entire armies solo while my teammates retreated. Aaaaand then my game crashed cuz the enemy put Archer Missiles on me :/)

Not too into Decimus. I find Jerome too OP to be fun, and Shippy is a well deserved spot, but I find him having the same issue with Jerome in a different form.

Never have to fight when you can Displace :p
AcE Hisoka wrote:

1. Jerome
2. Anders/Shipmaster
3. Atriox/Forge/ Colony
6. Serina/
AcE Hisoka wrote:

1. Jerome
2. Anders/Shipmaster
3. Atriox/Forge/ Colony
6. Serina/
Idk i think anders should be moved down 1 and move troxy and forge up one. Good list though, mostly. I am surprised where pavium is too. He is insane in the right hands past t1 and completely stupid anywhere past 15mins. There are leaders that have better late games but he is still strong and he is not too hard to get going with OP eco.
I could i agree to that too friend.
The problem with pavium is the same as johnson bad early game but broken late game. But in 1s he's to vulnerable early so most of the time he never make it to the late game.
You guys seem to think Voridus is way better than he is. He's viable. Not meta.

1- Ship/Forge. Ship beats everyone but Forge and Forge beats everyone but Jerome.

2- Atriox/Jerome. Both have incredible heroes that will shut down just about anything (Trox to a lesser extent but has more build flexibility).

3- Anders/Deci. Anders has a very strong T2 timing push and solid opener and Deci has 2 unkillable heroes with Boundless Siphon.

4- Colony/Cutter. At this point the leaders listed aren't considered meta. Viable, not meta.

5- Voridus

6- Pavium

7- Isabel

8- Kinsano

9- Arbiter

10- Johnson

11- Yap

12- Serina
Just in general. I never play 1v1, as I find teamwork (even with randoms, provided they have common sense) more enjoyable.

I forgot Johnson, but I agree with your placement of him. How is Kinsano T1 awful?
Kinsano's T1 is just weak compared to others, her passive is better for a midgame battle where things are trading in numbers higher than 1 to 1. Her hero in T1 is abysmal; slow moving unit that gets rammed down easily and loses to every T1 hero not named Johnson. Redline is okay, but I just get Helldrop 2 instead.

You would think a rush would work with her since you can use helldrop for support, but she lends to a more hit and run style strategy throughout the game. The problem being a lack of CS like Voridus (<3) means she loses a lot of eco should the rush fail, so rushing is even more risky than it would otherwise be. A better idea is to try and harass mini bases and take over the map, but that is super micro intensive for a middling pay off. Her infantry also lose tech 1 against Anders, Cutter, and Decimus without hero support, and to Jerome, Shipmaster, Forge, Atriox, Pavium, and arguably Serina if they do field an early hero.
You guys seem to think Voridus is way better than he is. He's viable. Not meta.

1- Ship/Forge. Ship beats everyone but Forge and Forge beats everyone but Jerome.

2- Atriox/Jerome. Both have incredible heroes that will shut down just about anything (Trox to a lesser extent but has more build flexibility).

3- Anders/Deci. Anders has a very strong T2 timing push and solid opener and Deci has 2 unkillable heroes with Boundless Siphon.

4- Colony/Cutter. At this point the leaders listed aren't considered meta. Viable, not meta.

5- Voridus

6- Pavium *edited

7- Isabel

8- Kinsano

9- Arbiter

10- Johnson

11- Yap

12- Serina
You got everyone but pavium. Might want to add him.
You got everyone but pavium. Might want to add him.
Edited. I always seem to forget one.
Dont blame ya. 16 leaders is alot to remember.
I had to have the list of them pulled up next to me as I wrote my tier list because there was no way I'd remember all 16 and where they are in the meta.
I had to have the list of them pulled up next to me as I wrote my tier list because there was no way I'd remember all 16 and where they are in the meta.
If you play every leader and have an opinion, then you can get an idea who is meta.
If you play every leader and have an opinion, then you can get an idea who is meta.
That’s a little unfair. You can often judge meta by who you see in games. For example, tons of people play Jerome cuz he’s broken. But you rarely see anyone play, say Isabel.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3