Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

HW2 Ultimate Multiplayer Guide

OP L1am Wh1te

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi everyone I've been writing a Halo Wars 2 multiplayer guide to help out the lower levels. It breaks down each leader into easy to follow strategies and tips and tricks in general.

Check it out here HW2 Multiplayer Guide

It's still regularly being updated with more build videos for every leader. Feedback is appreciated as this will be a great go to for new players
This will make my transition into ranked pvp a lot more comfortable. Thanks man!
This will make my transition into ranked pvp a lot more comfortable. Thanks man!
You're Welcome Dude, i hope it helps alot of people
This is amazing, nice friggin job!
Looks great. Will need those videos for the Hard guys =p
This is amazing, nice friggin job!

Luz PT wrote:
They are coming after the beginners vids. The advanced ones will basically be Ladder / Custom games vs Top 20 champ players with commentary over the top explaining why i did what i did etc.
This is actually great know I can go from bad to ok
This is great, it will really help new players. Thanks for making this.
Thanks for putting the time into this, it’s really appreciated!
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:
They are coming after the beginners vids. The advanced ones will basically be Ladder / Custom games vs Top 20 champ players with commentary over the top explaining why i did what i did etc.
Wanted to transition a bit and play Arbiter but that guys is.....sigh.
Luz PT wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:
Arbiter is really good but you have to make it to late game.

thanks for all the positive feedbackguys, i hope it's helping alot of people
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:

So about arbiter, your build order looks pretty good and usually what I try to do, but I was wondering are there any useful techs that’s are semi/viable? Like Plasma Bolt 3 spam??, LP cool down skill, phantoms?

I also struggle hard T1-T2 with him a bit. T1 I get detroys even with mass grunts so I’ve been trying ghosts not really viable I think. In T2 I’m not really sure what is consisted I’m a counter ball?? Any help I would appreciate it.
ICE KID wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:

So about arbiter, your build order looks pretty good and usually what I try to do, but I was wondering are there any useful techs that’s are semi/viable? Like Plasma Bolt 3 spam??, LP cool down skill, phantoms?

I also struggle hard T1-T2 with him a bit. T1 I get destroys even with mass grunts so I’ve been trying ghosts not really viable I think. In T2 I’m not really sure what is consisted I’m a counter ball?? Any help I would appreciate it.
Hello,

T1 you can play Ghosts and Sucies and play defence until you reach Tech 2. Or Cloaked grunts works well against Banished opposition.

You can play enforcers and just kite around the enemy army and harass mini's and the main forcing them to defend rather than attack.

The whole goal with Arby is to drag the game out as long as possible until you have your Conduit of Rage and Leader powers all ready. The later the game gets the stronger he gets.

So in every engagement you need to time your leader powers to activate Conduit of rage and win each fight.

A Counter Ball is simply counter units, so for banished it's Rangers, Hunters, Reavers and you would add enforcers since they are cheaper and don't die as easy as locusts for your base damage.
I am speechless. Amazing work. Thanks for the tips for Isabel. I completely agree. More or less that is the way I play with her.
I am really happy to see this is a thing! Finding more recent info on Jerome has been surprisingly hard for me. Also I am happy to see Jerome and Atriox are considered higher tier leaders... makes me feel better about them being my favorites. Though Jerome is really my actual main, Atriox is mainly for Blitz.
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Hi everyone I've been writing a Halo Wars 2 multiplayer guide to help out the lower levels. It breaks down each leader into easy to follow strategies and tips and tricks in general.

Check it out here HW2 Multiplayer Guide

It's still regularly being updated with more build videos for every leader. Feedback is appreciated as this will be a great go to for new players
This is amazing! I had recently posted on the forums asking which leaders are most likely near-balanced, but this gives me an answer that I didn't know I was looking for; different leaders require different gameplay and behavior! And while this is an awesome revelation, we shouldn't ignore balancing issue that have yet to be solved. But besides that I just want to say that L1am Wh1te, it is people like you, who communicate and impart knowledge with the rest of us, that will keep this community going. Cheers!
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:

I play arby in 3s spamming enforcers into phantoms am
i bad
Amazing stuff! You sure put a lot of work into this guide. I thank thee as I am late to the party <3.
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:

i bad
No, i once spammed enforcers for 35 minutes in 3's against Champ top 10 players and won lol.

If your team mates are competent at holding the enemys armies your job is to strip and take down bases which can have a huge advantage.

The guides written from a 1's perspective though, since 3's is so unbalanced and there are so many different composition factors
L1am Wh1te wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Luz PT wrote:

i bad
No, i once spammed enforcers for 35 minutes in 3's against Champ top 10 players and won lol.

If your team mates are competent at holding the enemys armies your job is to strip and take down bases which can have a huge advantage.

The guides written from a 1's perspective though, since 3's is so unbalanced and there are so many different composition factors
i agree, ty. Happy to hear you know. Sniping n doing alot of base dmg is satisfying. 3s is frustrating sometimes i love the fun though. Im looking to play more 1s after seeing this guide so it translates into my team games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2