Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

HWCL Season 2 Leaderboard and Information!

OP BreezyStarfish1

It is time for the Halo Wars Championship League 2018 to begin its Summer Series. This community-driven tournament series begins August and will run for roughly three months. The Invitational at the end of the season will have prizing provided by 343 industries and have side-events with additional prizing. it’s time to get ready for another season of competitive real-time strategy!
There are three different organization within the HWCL, Team Respawn, Breaking the Clutch, and The Banished. Each of these three will be hosting official tournaments and side-events throughout the season all leading up to the main event, The HWCL Summer Invitational. To be invited to the invitational, individuals must compete and place in top-finishing positions to gain HWCL points. The invitational this season will be hosted by “The Banished” at the end of the season. The top 12 participants with the highest amount of HWCL points will be invited to the Invitational. The last four positions in the invitational will be decided by a qualifying tournament. In short, win official HWCL tournaments to make it to the main events when you’ll earn prizes.
Let’s get to the specifics of the HWCL:
  • All tournaments worth HWCL points will be in 1v1 deathmatch format.
  • Side events can be in any format (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, blitz, deathmatch. Etc.) at the discretion of the host. Side events will usually have a prize involved, since they are not worth HWCL points.
  • All HWCL events will be live-streamed and casted on Twitch by the hosting organization.
  • HWCL points are awarded as follows:
  • 1st Place: 50 pts
  • 2nd Place: 30pts
  • 3rd Place: 15pts
  • 4th Place: 5pts
If a tournament has over 32 participants, 1st through 8th place will receive an additional 5pts.
Each organization will enforce their own official ruleset, but all HWCL tournaments will have the same general rules. For example, If a suspension or ban is placed on an individual in one organization during any HWCL event, that ruling applies to all organizations throughout the HWCL.
Want to get involved in the Halo Wars Championship League? Breaking the Clutch, The Banished, and Team Respawn all have Official Discord Servers and Challonge organizations (The website used to facilitate the events). Below are the links to each of these areas:
Discord Servers:
Twitch Channels:
Challonge Organizations:
HWCL 2018 Summer Leaderboard
1st: Almirante99 (115pts)
2nd: RockGENERATION (70pts)
3rd: MikeBEASTon (60pts)
4th: CarsandCameras (55pts)
5th: Scootman2 (50pts)
T-6th: Admiration (35pts)
T-6th: Metaloid Monkey (35pts)
7th: LargoPancake40 (25pts)
T-8th: LethalFBaby (10pts)
T-8th: Yodesla (10pts)
T-9th: Aykonz Sidekick (5pts)
T-9th: BigDaddyTriox (5pts)
T-9th: SGM Good Luck (5pts)
T-9th: MightyHoax (5pts)
T-9th: Gottem lvlurki3 (5pts)
HWCL 2018 Summer Tournament History:
Date: August 4th, 2018 at 2:00pm ET
  • Host: The Banished
  • Winner: Almirante 99
  • Participants: 17
Date: August 18th, 2018 at 2:00pm ET
  • Host: Breaking the Clutch
  • Winner: Mike BEASTon
  • Participants: 35
Date: September 8th
  • Host: Team Respawn
  • Winner: Almirante99
  • Participants:
Date: September 15th
  • Winner: ROCKGENERATION
  • Participants: 32+
It is time for the Halo Wars Championship League 2018 to begin its Summer Series. This community-driven tournament series begins August and will run for roughly three months. The Invitational at the end of the season will have prizing provided by 343 industries and have side-events with additional prizing. it’s time to get ready for another season of competitive real-time strategy!
There are three different organization within the HWCL, Team Respawn, Breaking the Clutch, and The Banished. Each of these three will be hosting official tournaments and side-events throughout the season all leading up to the main event, The HWCL Summer Invitational. To be invited to the invitational, individuals must compete and place in top-finishing positions to gain HWCL points. The invitational this season will be hosted by “The Banished” at the end of the season. The top 12 participants with the highest amount of HWCL points will be invited to the Invitational. The last four positions in the invitational will be decided by a qualifying tournament. In short, win official HWCL tournaments to make it to the main events when you’ll earn prizes.
  • Side events can be in any format (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, blitz, deathmatch. Etc.) at the discretion of the host. Side events will usually have a prize involved, since they are not worth HWCL points.
  • All HWCL events will be live-streamed and casted on Twitch by the hosting organization.
If a tournament has over 32 participants, 1st through 8th place will receive an additional 5pts. Each organization will enforce their own official ruleset, but all HWCL tournaments will have the same general rules. For example, If a suspension or ban is placed on an individual in one organization during any HWCL event, that ruling applies to all organizations throughout the HWCL.
Want to get involved in the Halo Wars Championship League? Breaking the Clutch, The Banished, and Team Respawn all have Official Discord Servers and Challonge organizations (The website used to facilitate the events). Below are the links to each of these areas:
Discord Servers:
Twitch Channels:
Challonge Organizations:
HWCL 2018 Summer Leaderboard Rank: Gamertag (HWCL Pts)
1st: Almirante99 (50pts)
2nd: Scootman2 (30pts)
3rd: RockGENERATION (15pts)
4th: LargoPancake40 (5pts)
HWCL 2018 Summer Tournament History:(8/4/2018) The Banished HWCL Season 2 1v1 Tournament #1
  • Date: August 4th, 2018 at 2:00pm ET
  • (8/18/2018) HWCL Summer 2018 August 1v1 Open - BtC
  • Date: August 18th, 2018 at 2:00pm ET
  • Winner: TBD
  • Participants: TBD
Even if I am not really a Deathmatch player, I still love to watch the matches with all the high-skilled people. So a big shout out to them from my side.

What I really would love to be changed: From my view a common rule set. I had difficulties to track why and which leader or leader power was restricted in one tournament but not on the other one. This is maybe a bit confusing for spectators.

Best regards & thumbs up!
I am So ready to host more tournaments this season.
TYRELL zx wrote:
If a tournament has over 32 participants, 1st through 8th place will receive an additional 5pts. Each organization will enforce their own official ruleset, but all HWCL tournaments will have the same general rules. For example, If a suspension or ban is placed on an individual in one organization during any HWCL event, that ruling applies to all organizations throughout the HWCL.
Discord Servers:
  • The Banished - https://discord.gg/upDjn8x
  • Breaking the Clutch - https://discord.gg/sRWpP2Z
  • Team Respawn - https://discord.gg/Ye69yu6
Twitch Channels:
  • The Banished - https://www.twitch.tv/thebanishedrts
  • Breaking the Clutch - https://www.twitch.tv/breakingtheclutch
  • Team Respawn - https://www.twitch.tv/teamrespawntv
Challonge Organizations:
  • The Banished - https://the-banished.challonge.com/
  • Breaking the Clutch - https://www.twitch.tv/breakingtheclutch
  • Team Respawn - https://www.twitch.tv/teamrespawntv
HWCL 2018 Summer Leaderboard Rank: Gamertag (HWCL Pts)
1st: Almirante99 (50pts)
2nd: Scootman2 (30pts)
3rd: RockGENERATION (15pts)
4th: LargoPancake40 (5pts)
HWCL 2018 Summer Tournament History:(8/4/2018) The Banished HWCL Season 2 1v1 Tournament #1
  • Date: August 4th, 2018 at 2:00pm ET
  • (8/18/2018) HWCL Summer 2018 August 1v1 Open - BtC
  • Date: August 18th, 2018 at 2:00pm ET
  • Winner: TBD
  • Participants: TBD
Even if I am not really a Deathmatch player, I still love to watch the matches with all the high-skilled people. So a big shout out to them from my side.

What I really would love to be changed: From my view a common rule set. I had difficulties to track why and which leader or leader power was restricted in one tournament but not on the other one. This is maybe a bit confusing for spectators.

Best regards & thumbs up!
We actually are slowly moving into more centralized rules. At least code of conduct-wise, we have centralized rules. the gameplay restrictions are the only thing still individual to each organization! As the game becomes more balanced, we will be putting less and less leader or leader power restrictions on competitiors
Do we have standardized rules?

I'm out of season right now so I can actually play
JELLIS32 wrote:

For gameplay? Not as of right now, but you can check on each organization to get gameplay rules.
JELLIS32 wrote:

For gameplay? Not as of right now, but you can ckntcon each organization to get gameplay rules.
Check on*
TypeO?
When is the next tournament
When is the next tournament
The next tournament will be on the 9th of September hosted by Team Respawn.