Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

I cant recomend this game to my firends sadly

OP RBGSteel Dragon

All because all I see in this games multiplayer community is this RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH, and the rush of this game right now is jackrabbits and sometimes locusts or even a marine rush until the developers just STOP rushes this game will never survive, jackrabbits need a major nerf and also why is the anti infantry tech 2 for banished? that is so stupid I love the game but some of the balancing decisions are just very poorly executed
I feel u man I don't understand how this all got past testing if they even do that their main focus is dlc trying to sell as much as they can with little to no concern how the leaders will unbalance the game and the proof is there forge kinsano hell mabe this new leader will be op as well and this "meta" will continue this game has potential but the future looks grim for this game if this op dlc leader s h i t continues
All I can say is build a small army to stop the rush, hell I tech myself but make sure I have a sizeable force to defend myself before I tech sadly JR rush is the flavor of the patch but you just gotta deal with it for real. Anders is great for that JR rush only person I am able to beat it with if it happens sadly but she's fun her sentinels en mass are great still but if you don't have 15 plus for aa then you are screwed haha, just try to enjoy the game 1v1 higher up is all about rushing and so is 2v2 that's why I 3v3 you get big battles most people tech or if they rush you have time to react because most people have 2 bases, don't solo in diamond rank or onyx because you will be met with non stop rushing man. Enjoy the game in other modes until this stuff is fixed, be sad to have people quit because they are not having fun. I have loads of fun in 3v3 solo or with friends. Try it out if you haven't.
All because all I see in this games multiplayer community is this RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH, and the rush of this game right now is jackrabbits and sometimes locusts or even a marine rush until the developers just STOP rushes this game will never survive, jackrabbits need a major nerf and also why is the anti infantry tech 2 for banished? that is so stupid I love the game but some of the balancing decisions are just very poorly executed
Rushing is strong but can definitely be stopped. In my opinion, it needs a minor nerf. I can only assume that people struggling so much with being rushed are not preparing or playing properly against it. Locusts cannot 'rush' you because they are tech 2 - the earliest you can reasonably get 5+ locusts to an enemy base, even with shipmaster teleport is about 5:00-5:30 mins in. I guess you have to consider whether you have unrealistic expectations of the game - the optimal strategy will probably never be one where both teams turtle for 15+ minutes and then attack once everyone hits 120 population. If you expected that then you've probably made a mistake with this game.

Banished do have tech 1 anti-infantry - the suicide grunt. Many people overlook the unit for whatever reason but they are immensely effective against groups of infantry.

My general advice for dealing with JR rushes (unless you want to scout rush back):
- Scout Scout Scout.
- Secure at least one minibase in the first 90 seconds (this will be key as it will either delay the rush to the base or allow you to build air away from mainbase once you hit tech 2 if they focus the base)
- Push for tech 2 (As UNSC this should probably be completed by around 3 minutes, around 3:30 for Banished - it can be worth delaying tech 2 to these times in order to secure economy slightly by upgrading 1 supply and 1/2 generators).
- Get 2 turrets up on main base (It's key that you don't commit too much to building turrets)
- As banished get air pad tech 1 and build engineers - 2/3 should ensure nothing on base dies.
- When you hit tech 2 - build air (hornets/banshees) asap and then push to resecure any minibases the enemy has taken.
- Secure nodes and use air to kill any JRs that challenge you on nodes.
- Expect anti-air to be built by the rusher and counter appropriately.

The same build will also work against locust 'rush' but you need to be very aware of where the enemy units are - scout! Locusts are incredibly weak, mine hero powers easily dispatch them and air has no problem at all in destroying them.

Against infantry, I would best recommend JR rush yourself to counter it. Failing that going tech 2 mixed with snipers or suicide grunts/rangers should be fine. Keep in mind that people rushing infantry often switch to air, so it may be worth investing in garages early and mixing snipers with hogs to deal with the infantry and including wolverines in the mix after that.

If you're on PC feel free to add me and we can go through some 1v1s to show how it works :-)
Jackrabbits are getting nerfed, this has already been stated.

I also dont don't consider anything over five minutes to be a rush.

The higher tier players use their units to mount small attacks in hopes they destroy your infrastructure and gain the upper hand over time. If they destroy your base, you are ill prepared. A new tooltip says it best - "Always find something for your units to do. You payed for them". This games lives off of that mentality, if you're not capturing points, gathering resources or destroying minibases with units then you're criminally inefficient with your resources.
if u were active on this forum for more than just complaining, you could tell your friends that jackrabbits are getting nerfed wednesday. also the unsc and banished are supposed to have different advantages and aren't meant to mirror eachother with different skins. read the community update dude "Leggo My Lekgolo"
many player confound RTS games with simcity, and then they complain, when enemy attacks in <10 min.
DarkSp0t wrote:
Jackrabbits are getting nerfed, this has already been stated.

I also dont don't consider anything over five minutes to be a rush.

The higher tier players use their units to mount small attacks in hopes they destroy your infrastructure and gain the upper hand over time. If they destroy your base, you are ill prepared. A new tooltip says it best - "Always find something for your units to do. You payed for them". This games lives off of that mentality, if you're not capturing points, gathering resources or destroying minibases with units then you're criminally inefficient with your resources.
and one tip even defines a rush "surprise your enemy with an early attack" but no one should be surprised, rushing is a core strategy to an rts
so you aren't going to tell your friends because of one strategy, in one of the many game modes on multiplayer, not to mention this game has more to offer. The campaign alone is one reason to mention it, the fact you can play skirmish against sis if you don't like mp.

Maybe with your attitude, It's better you don't tell your friends.
That's why i've never played 1v1 and never will.
I also was a rusher on HW1. Me and a friend using a specific Forge/Arbiter strategy we had a 95% win ratio. But after a while it was no fun at all so I said to my pal (and myself) That's it no more. I dislike long games but I dislike short games either. What's the reason if you rush 100% of your games especially using the same strategy? Variety is the key to me for having fun. So definitely those "skilled" players care only for their ratio/ service record, they are simply ratio bores (you know what i mean right?) and usually are bad selfish people.

I understand that RTS is not "hey, let's build our civilizations" and that rushing goes together but just NOT ALWAYS 100%. Use something else sometimes.

I bought this game for deathmatch and I've never believed that blitz would be my thing.

Well, it is.
Its called a counter~ hate when im teamed up with players who build a second base with minimal units then they get rushed with nothing to defend and rage quit. your the idiot who built without a defense......
rG Paradox wrote:
Rushing is strong but can definitely be stopped. In my opinion, it needs a minor nerf. I can only assume that people struggling so much with being rushed are not preparing or playing properly against it. Locusts cannot 'rush' you because they are tech 2 - the earliest you can reasonably get 5+ locusts to an enemy base, even with shipmaster teleport is about 5:00-5:30 mins in. I guess you have to consider whether you have unrealistic expectations of the game - the optimal strategy will probably never be one where both teams turtle for 15+ minutes and then attack once everyone hits 120 population. If you expected that then you've probably made a mistake with this game.

Banished do have tech 1 anti-infantry - the suicide grunt. Many people overlook the unit for whatever reason but they are immensely effective against groups of infantry.

My general advice for dealing with JR rushes (unless you want to scout rush back):
- Scout Scout Scout.
- Secure at least one minibase in the first 90 seconds (this will be key as it will either delay the rush to the base or allow you to build air away from mainbase once you hit tech 2 if they focus the base)
- Push for tech 2 (As UNSC this should probably be completed by around 3 minutes, around 3:30 for Banished - it can be worth delaying tech 2 to these times in order to secure economy slightly by upgrading 1 supply and 1/2 generators).
- Get 2 turrets up on main base (It's key that you don't commit too much to building turrets)
- As banished get air pad tech 1 and build engineers - 2/3 should ensure nothing on base dies.
- When you hit tech 2 - build air (hornets/banshees) asap and then push to resecure any minibases the enemy has taken.
- Secure nodes and use air to kill any JRs that challenge you on nodes.
- Expect anti-air to be built by the rusher and counter appropriately.

The same build will also work against locust 'rush' but you need to be very aware of where the enemy units are - scout! Locusts are incredibly weak, mine hero powers easily dispatch them and air has no problem at all in destroying them.

Against infantry, I would best recommend JR rush yourself to counter it. Failing that going tech 2 mixed with snipers or suicide grunts/rangers should be fine. Keep in mind that people rushing infantry often switch to air, so it may be worth investing in garages early and mixing snipers with hogs to deal with the infantry and including wolverines in the mix after that.

If you're on PC feel free to add me and we can go through some 1v1s to show how it works :-)
Yea suicide grunts are very very effective. 3 can fake out 7 squads if you used. Especially if the marines or grunts are all clustered together. Me and my team have counter many rushes with them. Jack rabbits are very very weak even in numbers. A few turrets and air unit's counter them easy. Engineers is a great idea on a base to stall for time and keep the base in an optimal state.
Suicide grunts deal with infantry better early game and are so cheap that they don't cripple your tech or resources.

I used to think Rangers should be tech 1 instead of suicide grunts but now after playing a lot it does make a lot of sense.

There's no such thing as a locust rush, that sounds so easy to beat. In my opinion anything that requires tech 2 isn't a rush.

You have to understand that not being ready and getting attacked is NOT a rush.

I do agree JR need a nerf, and they're getting it next week.
Its called a counter~ hate when im teamed up with players who build a second base with minimal units then they get rushed with nothing to defend and rage quit. your the idiot who built without a defense......
yet the only counter is at tech 2 for both sides and during that time they have had plenty of time to push your units back to your base and cap the power nodes, so now all you have to get to tech 2 is probably one maybe two generators then you have to spend the time/supplies to make the hunters/cyclops to defend against the JR rush (I'm using JR rush for example because it is the most used one)
until the developers just STOP rushes this game will never survive
Hahaha OK....

Rushing is a part of every RTS.
I don't understand why rushing is bad... Its in every RTS ever made. However, every rush should be able to be countered. As of right now the only one that can't be countered is the Kinsano JR rush. Its way too strong for it's own good.

I feel that the only thing that needs to be done is a damage increase for core infantry (marines/grunts) against scount and a damage decrease for scouts vs all infantry. Also locusts are a little over powered vs all units.
Well I see in most updates when they bring a new champ/leader out - usually always buffed up - then nerfed later. Prob to get everyone to spend their dosh