Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

I don't know how to use rangers

OP Bauer8056

I main Isabel but also use bans like Arby or Deci. I cannot find any purpose to them ( my fault, definately, so i'm asking for that info). Suis make the work as anti-infantry for me, and engineers for detect
Rangers are good if you need to fight more than core infantry. Like Cyclops and hunters. Suis are only good at thinning out infantry mobs but are pretty bad against things like heroes.

With core vehicles being as strong as they are, though, they are better in most cases to handle infantry.

If you are using rangers though make sure they are in the back line of your force and spread them out a bit to make sure they don't all get smoked by a leader power.
Rangers are good if you need to fight more than core infantry. Like Cyclops and hunters. Suis are only good at thinning out infantry mobs but are pretty bad against things like heroes.

With core vehicles being as strong as they are, though, they are better in most cases to handle infantry.

If you are using rangers though make sure they are in the back line of your force and spread them out a bit to make sure they don't all get smoked by a leader power.
Also remember elite rangers are spam able
Typically with rangers you just want to flood the enemy until they can't breathe due to how many rangers you've got stacked up at their front door and their poor little infantry army won't be able to even touch them. But if they train any vehicles, and I mean literally any, you're kinda screwed. They're good against the flood in ATN I guess... so theres that. That 4th mission really makes you get attached too rangers
It's better to make Marauders and/or Banshees with Banished, when it comes to fighting other units.

I suggest avoiding using Banished infantry, especially against UNSC.

However, Arbiter can make use of infantry with Phantoms very well. Remember to stack that CoR and you're good to go!
Yeah, arby is so fun to play. I played against a Isabel and carried some hunters on a couple of phantoms, their scorpions didn't stand a chance
I don't know how to use rangers either :S