Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] I just got destroyed by a horde of jackrabbits.

OP Billybobbjoebob

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
haha you got rushed, welcome to Halo wars 2 xD
Welcome to RTS in general =|
I've got a better suggestion.

Have a button that prevents your enemies from attacking you until you press it, giving the "I'm ready to be attacked" Notification. Then no one gets attacked until they are ready. And if you don't like what's happening, you can press it again, and everyone has to stop attacking you.

/s

In all serious, there's nothing truly wrong with a unit spam. The problem comes if it's uncounterable. You haven't really indicated that that is the problem.
Terrible Idea unless there's a time limit
Like it says in the title. It was a 3v3 in team war and around the 5-7 minute mark, a horde of fully upgraded jackrabbits attacked my base first. Destroyed it, and attacked my teammates bases. The game was over in 11 minutes. This is my complaint with the Team War/Team Solo gametypes. If you've played 5 matches, you've came across at least one player using only one type of unit, whether it be jump pack brutes, sentinels, locusts, hunters, or even jackrabbits. And then you have the Uber units like scarab or Condor with like 40 engineers behind them. It really sucks the fun out of it.

But don't worry, I have a few suggestions;

1) Limit the player to a max of 10 of any specific unit. So only 10 locusts, or 10 engineers and a scarab, etc.

2) Limit the player to a population count max instead of individual unit max. Like, if the pop cap limit was 40 per unit, then that would only allow 1 scarab, since it costs 40 population, or 20 jackrabbits, since I think they cost 2? Which is still a lot, but not like the army I was attacked by.

3) Lower the pop cap until the base is upgrade. Since most of the units used for this type of strategy are lower leveled units, there isn't a need to upgrade the base, making it possible to make a huge army right at the beginning. But lowering the pop cap to like 20 in the beginning and then doubling it to 40 once you've unlocked tech 2 on one of your bases, and then doubling it again to 80 once you've unlocked tech 3, would fix that problem. And then you keep the other way you increase pop cap the same, by leveling up the rest of it from within that one building.

4) Maybe make a 10 minute peace stage in the beginning? Make it impossible to attack a base until the first 10 minutes are up. Now I can see an issue with this one, a person taking a fast unit over to the other persons side and trying to quickly snag up their bases, but they would have to make their own supply pads first which could stall them, and give the other team time to grab their respected bases.

Now I can see some people complaining that some of these changes would make it seem like the developers are "forcing" us to play the way they want us to play. But I'd rather be "forced" to play with a variety by the developers than being forced to play with a single unit by the community. Because that's boring, and as of right now, I've just been spending my time in blitz and the other gametype with unlimited supplies, can't remember its name, and I'm afraid team war is just going to turn into locusts vs hunters, or sentinels vs Scarab/engineers, or jackrabbits vs jump pack brutes.
No
Heck NO! That part of the game is just fine, thanks. TEAM 3V3, right? Well next time you want to suck the fun out of someone else's game, try playing WITH your team mates. You can send them Supplies or Power to help ONE team member build up their units faster and potentially wipe out the enemy players before you even upgrade one base to level 2. Thats a strategy NOT a game defect. What are you trying to do to the game? Such limits would suck the life out of the game, not the other way around.
Wow.

Destroyed by the worst unit in the game, at the 5-7 mark? You must have played astoundingly poorly.
Here is a safe opening that will not just beat, but wreck jackrabbit spam!
https://youtu.be/loK5h3wPPZE

Enjoy
Here is a link
Wow.

Destroyed by perhaps one of the worst units in the game, at the 5-7 mark? You must have played astoundingly poorly.
Correction: the worst unit.
This thread is over a year old, did any of you go to school?
For anyone that hasn't figure it out, this is a necro thread from launch
THEWALL766 wrote:
For anyone that hasn't figure it out, this is a necro thread from launch
... so it is... [acting like i never was here] 🌁
I've got a better suggestion.

Have a button that prevents your enemies from attacking you until you press it, giving the "I'm ready to be attacked" Notification. Then no one gets attacked until they are ready. And if you don't like what's happening, you can press it again, and everyone has to stop attacking you.

/s

In all serious, there's nothing truly wrong with a unit spam. The problem comes if it's uncounterable. You haven't really indicated that that is the problem.
Terrible Idea unless there's a time limit
Did you miss the sarcasm tag?

"/s"

Regardless, we sort of got it with Yapyap.
If UNSC doesn't have Jackrabbits, Gorillas will destroy everything.
OHHH THE MEMORIES
This is why we don't necro old topics
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2