Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

I wish ground was better than air

OP Ar15pitbull308

Yes it’s fun spamming air but if I don’t do that I’ll lose the game.

which has made the game a bit boring.

i want to try something different but ground units move too slowly and are too weak easily get destroyed by leader powers.

i wish ground units were much stronger.

i want to try something different but ground units move too slowly and are too weak easily get destroyed by leader powers.

Ground is stronger then air, so congrats your wish is true.

Once you get some more games under your belt you will realize that air is very easy to beat

It really comes down to effective scouting to stop air attacks before they happen and positioning your anti-air effectively, but hey, I’m ranked Gold 4 in 3v3, what do I know?

Ha yea right. You have to have an entire army of pathetic anti air to even think about competing, but then they all just blow up with one leader power and you still lose

Ha yea right. You have to have an entire army of pathetic anti air to even think about competing, but then they all just blow up with one leader power and you still lose
With that logic I guess your leader powers should blow up all their air then.

With that logic I guess your leader powers should blow up all their air then
Yes but Air is very mobile, its very unlikely that youd be able to do sufficient damage if they were paying attention. Even if you did they can recover very fast due to Air being cheap and fast to make

You're flat out wrong, Reavers are very strong, wolves are meh but can normally be made up for with AA turrets (UNSC mirrors are a bit more complicated now with Vulture missile buffs). I've played a fair bit of teams in this game at high level so don't worry I can assure you ground is better than air, you may be having a user issue.

Yes but Air is very mobile, its very unlikely that youd be able to do sufficient damage if they were paying attention. Even if you did they can recover very fast due to Air being cheap and fast to make
Air is mobile yes but proper team play can overcome it.

Nah air units are pretty expensive costing 300 supplies unsc and 250 for banished (correct me if i'm wrong), not to mention they take a bit to produce. As for mobility I feel like banshees are way more mobile than hornets doing much more damage but I could be wrong. A mix of air units and infantry units could take care of the problem.

Air is mobile yes but proper team play can overcome it.
This is exactly what anyone who says air is OP needs to look at. Proper positioning of anti-air and effective strategy’s will enable you to take down an only air army no problem.
Your on dope, kid.

it says in the tutorial that ground counters air
but as far as i know(and correct me if i’m wrong) no ground units do better then a “yellow” or however they grade how well a unit does against different categories. i love using all ground units late game but if i have to spam reavers then it takes away from the game. i like early game because of the major infantry clashes that can happen. i wish that could be used more late game. all hornets or all banshees army’s require little to no skill and need to be nerfed.
God1383 wrote:

It really comes down to effective scouting to stop air attacks before they happen and positioning your anti-air effectively, but hey, I’m ranked Gold 4 in 3v3, what do I know?
the flex tho😂

how so?
God1383 wrote:

the flex tho😂
Did that actually come off as a flex? I was trying to say I’m bad...