i would rather keep the mines the same

OP DEATH ANGEL1178

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
PATCH PRE-PREVIEW V2: THE LIST SO FAR

how do you guys feel about the nerf to mines

as someone who loves mines, it would be heart breaking if i couldn't place a scout mine on top a group of marines
They're incredibly cheap army wiping nukes. They need the changes.
60 pop gone with mines, i dont know what to say if you think it should stay in. Its pretty broken when applied correctly
not our fault you cant move an army before the mines go off

if they are dumb enough to sit there and let your army explode thats on them for not paying attention

if they are dumb enough to sit there and let your army explode thats on them for not paying attention
hey cool it a bit man its just a game/ opinion

I don't think you realize Leaders can abuse these with all of their stuns Atriox, Cutter, Anders, Isabel and Pavium and Vordius if you're good enough with Vordius to do it.Is incredibly cheap since their arm time is short, It's not us being bad. It's that the mechanic is broken
Toxic

It's not about moving. It's about all the stun combos people can pull off.
This nerf kinda makes me sad because mines are going to be near useless again, but it needs to happen. The combo of mines + stun that could be done with Spartans or Brutes was B R O K E N.

Like, lemme just wipe 60 pop with a 75/75 leader power real quick.... not a fan of that.
Mines are too powerful offensively. They're supposed to be a defensive power.

However, they shouldn't be targetable, or at least shouldn't be so fragile. Their stealth is practically useless since most, if not all, army comps have some sort of detection. And it's only going to get worse with the detection buff.

So, while they definitely need to have their offensive capability nerfed, they need their defensive capability buffed. Otherwise, they will truly become useless.

with the stuns and mine drop all of what you said is irrelevant. Mines are supposed to be used as mines, not nukes. The change needs to happen. It's supposed to be used tactically like dropping it at a choke point or a node; not a mindless drop in the middle of an army thing. And by the sound of it, by the way you are currently dropping the mines, it would be really easy for me to dodge it or destroy it before something happens; it seems you are unaware of the game breaking combos people use.
With stuns being reduced to 2.5 seconds, I would rather see how the combos work after the patch rather than nerfing both mines and stuns. It will be sad to see mines fall out of use again.
I don't think mines were meant to be thrown into people's faces.
Grenades are for that.
They're straight broken right now. Mines shouldn't wipe more pop than a 12-o-clock with 0 warning. This needs to be done.
With stuns being reduced to 2.5 seconds, I would rather see how the combos work after the patch rather than nerfing both mines and stuns. It will be sad to see mines fall out of use again.
You will still be able to drop mines in close proximity to units. It just requires an open space where units are not placed to drop them. It's not a huge nerf to them, but just an adjustment to the strategy of them. People will see once it changes.
Postums wrote:
You will still be able to drop mines in close proximity to units. It just requires an open space where units are not placed to drop them. It's not a huge nerf to them, but just an adjustment to the strategy of them. People will see once it changes.
Gives you the options to surround the opponent with mines, which still has utility.
If you have a good army composition then your army can destroy them before they are armed
If you have a good army composition then your army can destroy them before they are armed
It's not about dropping the mines on a controllable army. The amount of stun combos out there that can wipe out your army for chump change is the issue. You can't shoot the mines if your entire army is stunned because of a Spartan or Shade Turret.
Stun locking an army is a mechanic that absolutely needs to go on its own merit. Don't even get me started about going up against cutter and kinsano and watching as your army is stunned for almost 20 seconds within an inferno or an archer missile. With that being said, the 75/75 mines were killing more units than a hunters brand, scatter bomb, archer missile, ect and that is also unacceptable. With the quick cool downs of both a Spartan slam and the mines, yes, it is absolutely broken.
Marine: "Sir, they're firing on our units with an army triple the size of ours! Should we do, send missiles?"
General: No
Marine: "Long range nukes?!"
General: No, that won't be necessary
Marine: "Huh? What else would you send."
General: *Ahem* Send in the lotus mines...
Marine: "But sir, we'll be caught in the blast radius!!"
General: .....Run..

That's where the transmission ends, there we're no survivors. As of record that is the mine drop that ended the 15 minute war, the longest war in 1v1 history. After branding their lotus mines and wiping the enemies army the enemy quit. It's rumor that if you play on highway and go down the middle chokepoint their cries of agony can still be heard.
Marine: "Sir, they're firing on our units with an army triple the size of ours! Should we do, send missiles?"
General: No
Marine: "Long range nukes?!"
General: No, that won't be necessary
Marine: "Huh? What else would you send."
General: *Ahem* Send in the lotus mines...
Marine: "But sir, we'll be caught in the blast radius!!"
General: .....Run..

That's where the transmission ends, there we're no survivors. As of record that is the mine drop that ended the 15 minute, the longest war in 1v1 history. After branding their lotus mines and wiping the enemies army the enemy quit. It's rumor that if you play on highway and go down the middle chokepoint their cries of agony can still be heard.
This made me very happy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2