Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Idea for 3 new maps Tundra/Storm/Ruins

OP The Danbox One

I have ideas for 3 new maps. I don't expect them to make loads more but 2 or 3 would be nice at some point. I would have no problem paying for a map pack either.

TUNDRA: A snow and ice map. A must have for any RTS game. Areas of ice within the map would only be traversable by infantry not vehicles. Vehicles would have to travel on snow parts. Could be good to create strategic points.

STORM: Islands connected by bridges surrounded by stormy seas. Waves crash against the rocks and the bridges would be on timers so you can only cross your army onto the islands at certain times making air crucial as well as teleport and pelican transport.

RUINS: A bombed out city/urban map with some buildings still standing that infantry can garrison. Ruined highways with tall buildings that snipers can make use of.

I think this game lacks a variety of environments for maps so by adding snow, oceans and urban settings as well as some interesting dynamics on each map they could really breathe new life into the game. These are just some ideas but I think these maps could look stunning and be a lot of fun.
I like your ideas, and hope some more come. I also wish they would let us see which map we are playing on leader selection menu, but perhaps that would cause more people to "back out".
Zildjians wrote:
I like your ideas, and hope some more come. I also wish they would let us see which map we are playing on leader selection menu, but perhaps that would cause more people to "back out".
I agree with this, too.

It would be be really nice to know the map before/during leader selection, as it would allow the player(s) to pick a more suitable leaders/comps for the coming match.