Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Idea for when a player leaves a game.

OP Gallandwarfront

Replace the player who left with a bot that's difficulty is appropriate to the rank(s) of the enemy.
The bots are completely incompetent, the only thing legendary ai has going for it is it dodges glassing beam like a god. Outside of that, it isn't hard to beat an AI no matter what the leader match up is, I beat Serina vs Decimus AI on legendary, just giving the player points for their opponent quitting/disconnecting is perfectly fine.
The bots are completely incompetent, the only thing legendary ai has going for it is it dodges glassing beam like a god. Outside of that, it isn't hard to beat an AI no matter what the leader match up is, I beat Serina vs Decimus AI on legendary, just giving the player points for their opponent quitting/disconnecting is perfectly fine.
Better left with incompetent bots than nobody.
Replace the player who left with a bot that's difficulty is appropriate to the rank(s) of the enemy.
The IA on leggendary difficult is OP but for another level no
If someone quits, their Supplies and Power should be divided among the remaining players of their team and their base should be permanently locked out to either ALL players or just the enemy players.
iMEC7 wrote:
If someone quits, their Supplies and Power should be divided among the remaining players of their team and their base should be permanently locked out to either ALL players or just the enemy players.
I like the idea of resource distribution, that part always annoyed me; guy takes the center power crates then leaves. But locking a base for anyone is too much. You effectively handicap the teammate that's left because he can't take that well positioned base pad later on.
iMEC7 wrote:
I like the idea of resource distribution, that part always annoyed me; guy takes the center power crates then leaves. But locking a base for anyone is too much. You effectively handicap the teammate that's left because he can't take that well positioned base pad later on.
He probably means that the units remaining doesn't need to be destroyed to win a match.
So destruction of the leaving players units or base is optional.
While I know the AI is easy to beat cause it's your training ground, I've been there, of course. They don't really do much if you know the game like the back of your hand.

But, you lose a person, that's literally 50% of your power gone in a 2v2. If you're facing competent players, you will lose, cause you are outnumbered and outgunned.
Quality over Quantity, I know, but I cannot think of a war won by quality. AI would be easy to beat, yes, but at least you have someone there with you. If someone disconnects, they should be replaced with AI because that means you still have an equal footing on power, just not on mindset.
While I know the AI is easy to beat cause it's your training ground, I've been there, of course. They don't really do much if you know the game like the back of your hand.

But, you lose a person, that's literally 50% of your power gone in a 2v2. If you're facing competent players, you will lose, cause you are outnumbered and outgunned.
Quality over Quantity, I know, but I cannot think of a war won by quality. AI would be easy to beat, yes, but at least you have someone there with you. If someone disconnects, they should be replaced with AI because that means you still have an equal footing on power, just not on mindset.
This is always my argument for replacing leaving players with bots. Even if the two other players aren't that good, having two whole armies, economies, bases and leader powers is a massive advantage. If both of the opposing players make half an army, they already have the same power of you at maximum population. Having a bot would not only allow for a whole other target, but army and leader power assistance. Even if the ai is bad, it is still a huge advantage.

This is always my argument for replacing leaving players with bots. Even if the two other players aren't that good, having two whole armies, economies, bases and leader powers is a massive advantage. If both of the opposing players make half an army, they already have the same power of you at maximum population. Having a bot would not only allow for a whole other target, but army and leader power assistance. Even if the ai is bad, it is still a huge advantage.
This is exactly what I mean. What is the harm in adding an AI on a disconnected teammate, especially if this game doesn't have a SMITE mechanic where, when you boot the game back up, you can continue where you left off, in the same game (if you got disconnected). It should be like For Honour. If someone leaves, a bot replaces them until someone takes their place or you come back. The bot isn't that good, granted but it's still a working force that helps, another target so to speak. However in THAT game there is a revenge mechanic that helps you against 2v1s, in Halo Wars 2, there is none, and losing a player is like losing the match. There is little to no reason to go on if the two players are set on winning because they have double the army you have with their max population. Double the bases, double the resources, double the leader powers, double everything because you have no one. It's why you keep your buddies safe from rushes, because if you lose him, you lose a massive amount of manpower, and when has Quality vs Quantity ever won a war?

Giving points to the player who's buddy disconnected is not a viable solution because it's not fun. You either wait out an inevitable defeat, destroy all your bases, or disconnect yourself and that's not fun. if you don't like playing with AI, you can disconnect yourself, but give the some of us that want to stay, a spark of hope.
I actually like the idea of having a bot take over with the option of you being able to reconnect to a game.. nothing irks me more than the few times ill DC in a ranked match in champ and lose 25-30 ranks for it when the game was in our hands...
another option you guys have is to find players to play with so you know they wont leave. I highly doubt that they will add such a feature either way(would be awesome if they did) feel free to add me as I'm willing to play. I'm getting tired of players leaving on me.