Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

If You could add one thing to HW2 what would it be

OP nuchey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Simple question, if you could add one thing to Halo Wars 2 what would it be?

Personally I would add playable flood.
I would remove half the leaders to help make balancing easier or remove half of the leader powers on all leaders. The removal of half of the leader powers would make annoying defensive turtling easier to break, less undesirable atrocities like destroying an entire army with an lp(yes I’m talking to you deci) and rewarding more skilled players the advantage over ridiculous lps.
more maps
I'd rework siege to not do so much damage to t3 vehicles on top of a general nerf.
As far as actual additions, I'd add more by removing much. Probably 3-4 leaders, shrink the lp wheel, basically what Godzilla said.
With less random fluff, you can add more to the core of the game.
I would remove half the leaders to help make balancing easier or remove half of the leader powers on all leaders. The removal of half of the leader powers would make annoying defensive turtling easier to break, less undesirable atrocities like destroying an entire army with an lp(yes I’m talking to you deci) and rewarding more skilled players the advantage over ridiculous lps.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Aside from the massive list of needed balance changes and bug fixes, I'd like additional mission packs. More single player content is always welcome in my book.
I like the playable flood idea but I think I’d have to say more than one map layout for blitz. I’ve never seen a map with ‘skins’ before and i still think it’s weird that they did that.
Who would get the boot then in the "half the leaders" option? Well..besides Decimus.
A new terminus firefight map
More maps, HW2's maps are kinda boring compared to HW1 :/
The rest of the campaign. It was explicitly stated near the beginning of the campaign that the Spirit of Fire would have to work its way up Atriox's ranks before killing him, yet they only really go after Decimus before being sidetracked to the cartographer. I would've enjoyed a longer campaign where we not only got to flesh out Atriox's non-existent character, but Decimus, the shipmaster, Colony. So many wasted opportunities to flesh out the Banished as well as any badass human stranglers left somewhere on the Arc.

I'm not talking about the cliffhanger ending, it seems to be a tradition in the Halo series that any second part of a trilogy be left unfinished, but I would have appreciated a longer ride along the way there
An infinity gauntlet so Voridus can snap Forge/Decimus/Anders out of existence.
More upgrades on units.
I would add playable flood and playable prometheans
More maps. That's it. Otherwise a perfect game.
Respectable gameplay balancing.
Gremlins, sparrow hawks, Cobras and Rhinos
New Campaigns
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Who would get the boot then in the "half the leaders" option? Well..besides Decimus.
We know this would never happen, but I guess the most fair thing to do is a huge vote of who should get the boot lol
How would this even work? Removing half the leaders would make people that payed for them furious. While I do agree that some leader powers are very powerful, that’s the whole point. A leaders strategy is mostly centered around Leader ability’s.(Normally) Removing many of them would make the game very unbalanced.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2