Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

If You could add one thing to HW2 what would it be

OP nuchey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Bit of an odd one but in skirmish, the ability to choose colours and use a team system instead of traditional RvB, having the ability to select a colour you want would make for more enjoyment imo! Also another dlc for the story and more maps for multiplayer and firefight
I would remove half the leaders to help make balancing easier or remove half of the leader powers on all leaders. The removal of half of the leader powers would make annoying defensive turtling easier to break, less undesirable atrocities like destroying an entire army with an lp(yes I’m talking to you deci) and rewarding more skilled players the advantage over ridiculous lps.
How would this even work? Removing half the leaders would make people that payed for them furious. While I do agree that some leader powers are very powerful, that’s the whole point. A leaders strategy is mostly centered around Leader ability’s.(Normally) Removing many of them would make the game very unbalanced.
Removing leaders will obviously never happen, but it’s the opposite; removing let’s say a fair amount of leader powers will actually make the game more balanced. Less army wipe leader powers either active or passive.
Nah leader powers are fun and make trying out new leaders exciting, who cares if some are overpowered. I would rather have variety over balance.
Nah leader powers are fun and make trying out new leaders exciting, who cares if some are overpowered. I would rather have variety over balance.
What he says. Soyme are overpowered, but I dont think they're game breaking.
Do you guys play lots of 3s
Lol Level 100
God everyone wants playable flood or just a general more maps. If I were to add only ONE thing it would definitely be a "Terminal Moraine" remake from Halo Wars 1. That map was simply one of the best 2v2 maps ever made. You have your standard 2 sides of the map with a spare base on each corner for each player, then on either side of the center of the map, two self sufficient bases. Each only accessible by air or by the single light-bridge which periodically activates and deactivates. The base area containing two mini base slots and a reactor (From HW 1) which could easily be replaced with a power node, plus two marine covers to protect the bridge. Basically it made you choose if you want to cover the mainland or invest in a base that will be incredibly hard to beat and fun to defend. If this isn't possible, then definitely the "Prophet of Regret" as a leader. He was such an OP leader in HW and definitely would be nerfed if converted to a HW 2 leader but thats all we need. We have Forge, the Arbiter and Plenty of Brute Chieftan wannabes but no prophet. He could be a really offensive Covenant/Banished leader with 2-3 beam abilities plus some other unique abilities and have some alternative version of Elites as infantry or a special unit. His upgrades can be the exact same from HW1, Fuel Rod, Drones and Flight. All this off the top of my head but im sure it could be done, probs better than I described!
Replays (theater mode)
Do you guys play lots of 3s
Yes
I think most of the leaders are all balanced. If you fully utilize all the leader powers of every leader than most are equal imo. Not all though.. Decimus..

And the damaging leader powers can be nerfed too. Like glassing beam 2, and eradication with all of Atrioxs' leader powers is a bit much. More utility based abilities, or even weak unit spawning leader powers.

Colony's Living Barrier. Maybe for destroyed vehicles you can use for cover. That could be a passive for one of the UNSC leaders. Or for the weak unit spawning abilities;

Instead of ODST drop, there are pelican drops, spirit support with only 4 common infantry for example, but can be a more frequently used ability. Or the Elite Drop pods for Arbiter, can be an upgrade for Enforcers. Drops let's say 4 upgraded enforcers but is at an extreme cost if u upgrade the enforcer drop, hence becoming Elite Enforcer drop pods.

ALSO. If any other leaders are added;

Captain Keyes

R'tas Vadumee

PLEASE.. R'tas where u at.
There's honestly two things I would like;

• Forerunner leader
  • UNSC that can build a mini-MAC that targets air vehicles similar to the Pavium's mega turrets
Fort Jordan
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2