Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Is cheating possible??

OP McGruder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
McGruder wrote:
Everyone on here says cheating isn’t possible. Well I beg to differ. I’ve been playing this game since day one and have been all over the ladder playing some of the best and worst with no bs taking advantage of patch glitches etc but what absolutely makes me never want to pick up a controller and support this game again is cheating. Check my game history for reference and I’ll call the guy out who did it. Absolutely impossible!!!! Yes impossible at least without a cheat patch/code. Tech 3 T 6:30 and a ultimate unit scarab at 7:26. I just literally tried it on a easy AI to see if it’s doable and it is not. The quickest I can spam an ultimate unit is 10:31. Please look at this 343. Cheaters ruin the game for everyone. As if the interaction couldn’t get any more frustrating at about 7:20 into the gsme
i received a PM from my oponent right before his scarab deployed and it was a thumbs up and a wink and message nice try but u can’t beat the code!! Wtf is that supposed to mean. Total bs allowing a level 99 player to openly cheat. SMDH
A fast tech build can have T2 researching by 2:30 if your opponent is not building any units
(aka playing farm vil) then he can have t3 researching by 4 mins and a scarab built by 7-8 mins, if he is pavium then you can shave about 30 seconds off at each stage of the build order.

A competitive rush will be from 2:00-3:00mins
anything after that is casual or not optimal because a Fast Tech build will have T2 by 3:00mins.

Cheating via hacks or "Codes" is almost impossible on New-ish titles if you're playing online.

Older game's can be forgotten by the Xbox enforcement team but only because there are no devs or patches being released on those titles, HW2 is relatively new with 2 devs still working on the game.
I can get a Scarab as Pavium in the 6:50 - 7:30 range consistently, this is not cheating.
How do you manage that if you don't mind me asking? I sometimes go straight for a scarab for a laugh as I really like Pavium and I can't get anywhere near that time. Admittedly I am starting to get old(39) and my maths aren't as good as they were.
Gen - Supply - Supply - Supply - Gen. Upgrade Gens as soon as you can but never upgrade the supply pads.Your first three leader points should be into Burnout 1/2/3. First burnout use on your gen and supply as soon as those two are both up. On T2 I throw on a third gen then another supply pad, upgrading that third gen. Second burnout use should be after you have 2 points in it, hitting all three of your gens and some supply pads if you can manage it. Hit T3, at about 1500 power sack your 4th supply pad and make an armory. Make the scarab as soon as you hit 2000/2000, saving the third burnout for when you have 3 points in it and the scarab is in the oven. From the start to the end I'm collecting crates with my starting grunts. Sometimes I make an extra grunt or two to help grab power nodes, and I generally grab a mini base for which I put a supply pad on, then at the same time I replace one on the base with an armory I replace the one on a mini with an airpad so as the scarab is being made I'm also pumping out some engineers and banshees to help support it (Generally a shroud as well, nothing worse than a scarab showing up at a base at 7-8min and have it also become invisible). If I feel like I'm going to face direct early game pressure I'll sack a supply pad and put up a barracks to make suicide grunts/rangers/whatever as well as try to get up a shield gen and turrets to fend anything off, and I might put my third leader point into rain of fire in that case. Obviously all those things delay the scarab but nothing would delay it more than losing so...

Also I basically only use that build to fool around in team war so don't think this is a viable strategy, especially for 1v1s. You basically have to bank on the opposite team being very bad, or your own teammates heavily covering you for the entire early game as far as map control goes. Which is why I generally at least make a few extra grunts to go for nodes so I don't completely blow off my team.
I can get a Scarab as Pavium in the 6:50 - 7:30 range consistently, this is not cheating.
How do you manage that if you don't mind me asking? I sometimes go straight for a scarab for a laugh as I really like Pavium and I can't get anywhere near that time. Admittedly I am starting to get old(39) and my maths aren't as good as they were.
Gen - Supply - Supply - Supply - Gen. Upgrade Gens as soon as you can but never upgrade the supply pads.Your first three leader points should be into Burnout 1/2/3. First burnout use on your gen and supply as soon as those two are both up. On T2 I throw on a third gen then another supply pad, upgrading that third gen. Second burnout use should be after you have 2 points in it, hitting all three of your gens and some supply pads if you can manage it. Hit T3, at about 1500 power sack your 4th supply pad and make an armory. Make the scarab as soon as you hit 2000/2000, saving the third burnout for when you have 3 points in it and the scarab is in the oven. From the start to the end I'm collecting crates with my starting grunts. Sometimes I make an extra grunt or two to help grab power nodes, and I generally grab a mini base for which I put a supply pad on, then at the same time I replace one on the base with an armory I replace the one on a mini with an airpad so as the scarab is being made I'm also pumping out some engineers and banshees to help support it (Generally a shroud as well, nothing worse than a scarab showing up at a base at 7-8min and have it also become invisible). If I feel like I'm going to face direct early game pressure I'll sack a supply pad and put up a barracks to make suicide grunts/rangers/whatever as well as try to get up a shield gen and turrets to fend anything off, and I might put my third leader point into rain of fire in that case. Obviously all those things delay the scarab but nothing would delay it more than losing so...

Also I basically only use that build to fool around in team war so don't think this is a viable strategy, especially for 1v1s. You basically have to bank on the opposite team being very bad, or your own teammates heavily covering you for the entire early game as far as map control goes. Which is why I generally at least make a few extra grunts to go for nodes so I don't completely blow off my team.
I agree. Burnout is OP but not enough to rush a Scarab against a skilled opponents. However, building half a army of grunts, 2 points into burnout and getting Rain of Fire, and your hero can fend of almost anything and you can rush a scary. If your getting rushed, you can fend it off and pull Scarry at 8mins usually.
Thanks a lot for the replies. One of the(multitude of) mistakes I've been making is upgrading the supply pads. I mostly play 3s it's the most fun and I'm definitely going to practice this quick scarab routine. I like the idea of a bunch of grunts with a scarab, pavium and shroud, I'd never even considered that before. I'll have fun with that.
McGruder wrote:
Everyone on here says cheating isn’t possible. Well I beg to differ. I’ve been playing this game since day one and have been all over the ladder playing some of the best and worst with no bs taking advantage of patch glitches etc but what absolutely makes me never want to pick up a controller and support this game again is cheating. Check my game history for reference and I’ll call the guy out who did it. Absolutely impossible!!!! Yes impossible at least without a cheat patch/code. Tech 3 T 6:30 and a ultimate unit scarab at 7:26. I just literally tried it on a easy AI to see if it’s doable and it is not. The quickest I can spam an ultimate unit is 10:31. Please look at this 343. Cheaters ruin the game for everyone. As if the interaction couldn’t get any more frustrating at about 7:20 into the gsme
i received a PM from my oponent right before his scarab deployed and it was a thumbs up and a wink and message nice try but u can’t beat the code!! Wtf is that supposed to mean. Total bs allowing a level 99 player to openly cheat. SMDH
If you look at his build he got 2 war councils so he made a scarab in one of them and got logistics level 1-2-3 its possible. but to let someone beat you with a scarab in 1s is pretty funny lol

I agree. Burnout is OP but not enough to rush a Scarab against a skilled opponents. However, building half a army of grunts, 2 points into burnout and getting Rain of Fire, and your hero can fend of almost anything and you can rush a scary. If your getting rushed, you can fend it off and pull Scarry at 8mins usually.
Indeed. I remember a match where the fact that I was rushing a scarab basically culminated in losing a teammate (And a half, the second was also hit hard and crippled but I managed to defend them) to early game pressure in a 3v3. Rushing a scarab wasn't what allowed me to still pull a 2v3 win (Later turning into a 1v2), it was burnout allowing me to continually pump out scarabs with an army of banshees as fast or faster than they could be destroyed, all from one base and a mini with an airpad. Granted I wouldn't call my opponents peer adversaries in terms of skill but still it was quite ridiculous.
McGruder wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
4 Aug POWER extractors + paviums eco boost at lvl2 will do it. You should have rushed him...
I did. I spammed hellbringers kinsano, and grenade marines. Got to the base that was shielded (another spam that isn’t possible without a crossplay mod patch) wasnt even able to bring down one building. I had 78 units and boom wiped out around 8 min.
You should go to the base before it is shielded. If he has zero units and you scout his base and see such a setup, you can actually rush and win. He might get tech 2 around 3:15 so pumping flamers from 2 barracks will stop any kind of shield going up and you will win. I laugh extremely hard when a pavium tries to do that against me.
Since this post I managed to pull a pavium player. I rushed and well. No units he was holding out hoping I would have turtles him. I took both bases down around 8:39 with literally no pushback. Guess just have to do more scouting.
McGruder wrote:
McGruder wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
4 Aug POWER extractors + paviums eco boost at lvl2 will do it. You should have rushed him...
I did. I spammed hellbringers kinsano, and grenade marines. Got to the base that was shielded (another spam that isn’t possible without a crossplay mod patch) wasnt even able to bring down one building. I had 78 units and boom wiped out around 8 min.
You should go to the base before it is shielded. If he has zero units and you scout his base and see such a setup, you can actually rush and win. He might get tech 2 around 3:15 so pumping flamers from 2 barracks will stop any kind of shield going up and you will win. I laugh extremely hard when a pavium tries to do that against me.
Since this post I managed to pull a pavium player. I rushed and well. No units he was holding out hoping I would have turtles him. I took both bases down around 8:39 with literally no pushback. Guess just have to do more scouting.
A good Pavium will outbuild you. Good job beating him but exsperts require a bit more work than rushing.
If you mean game modding when you mentioned cheating, then that is not possible on Halo Wars 2 or on any Xbox One game. The X1 OS itself currently has no public exploits available that would allow unsigned code to run, therefore game modding is not possible
stckrboy wrote:
If you mean game modding when you mentioned cheating, then that is not possible on Halo Wars 2 or on any Xbox One game. The X1 OS itself currently has no public exploits available that would allow unsigned code to run, therefore game modding is not possible
interesting info, thanks for the input.
Did the Pavium Scarab rush last night and was able to get it out at 7 minutes 34 seconds on my first go...I'm now left wondering why I hadn't thought of this before lol it was surprisingly easy with an ally fending off early game enemy units while I teched up
Did the Pavium Scarab rush last night and was able to get it out at 7 minutes 34 seconds on my first go...I'm now left wondering why I hadn't thought of this before lol it was surprisingly easy with an ally fending off early game enemy units while I teched up
it's adorable but also not that difficult to stop.
Oh yeah, it didn't win the game, it was just kinda fun to have the Scarab out as my first unit lol a decent army can kill a super unit with relative ease.
stckrboy wrote:
What about on the PC version through crossplay on both systems? Can you mod code through that game base?
Oh yeah, it didn't win the game, it was just kinda fun to have the Scarab out as my first unit lol a decent army can kill a super unit with relative ease.
True but not tech one mass infantry. Scarab will eat right though it.
McGruder wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
What about on the PC version through crossplay on both systems? Can you mod code through that game base?
I assume it detects any changes to code and won't allow that person to play online with others, the amount of people that can actually make a mod and install it are extremely small anyway.

Any other methods should be easy to detect and the users would be banned.
McGruder wrote:
You’re not allowed to cheat on Xbox but people are able to cheat on PC
McGruder wrote:
You’re not allowed to cheat on Xbox but people are able to cheat on PC
That is not true at all. Many stores that sell titles even on Xone frown upon cheating; more importantly, online play. just to name a few: Origin, steam, gog, blizzard, glyphs...If they catch you, they will ban you if not suspend you from games their products. There are the rare cases they may delete your account, even if you spent thousands of dollars. If your cheating, you are defying their rules and you are at their mercy whether you read the "terms of agreement" or not. Ignorance is not an excuse, it only ignorance.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2