Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Is Halo Wars 2 Meta Game too fast paced for you?

OP l337h4l

Is Halo Wars 2 Meta Game too fast?

Poll Ended

So I am a Veteran Halo Wars player and when ever I played the game, no matter what game mode I was playing, It took like 15 minutes to 30 minutes just to reach Meta game depending on who I used. Now with Halo Wars 2 in mind I think its a game that reaches Meta way too fast. While playing Domination, not only am I able to to capture the points effectively with 4 units, I was able to get 2 mini bases and another base up and running in under 2 minutes. By minute 3 I would max out most my extractors and power generators so I can efficiently upgrade other structures from my 2 bases. 5 minutes into the game I am basically in Meta mode with nearly 2 maxed out bases with maxed out structures if I'm playing Atriox. Captain Cutter only takes me about a minute longer.

In short, here is my problems with the pacing:
-Upgrading up structures or units is too fast.
-Building buildings or units takes only seconds. I shouldn't be able to pop out banshees or hornets only slightly slower than a Marine Squad or Grunt Squad.
-Infantry units move too fast. My Grunt Squad was hauling enough -Yoink- to barely keep up with a Warthog.

I hop the short Meta game is only for Beta or the Domination game mode. I love games that last 30 minutes or longer. Not one that can be cleared in less than 15 minutes. Those quick games suck the fun out of it for me.

Edit: If you question why I use Meta, the reason was that my personal dictionary what off due to me misunderstanding its use with my friends. My personal dictionary was "The end game or late game" which is wrong.
I don't understand the context in which you are using the word "Meta" in.
yea. RTS's should never be faced paced. it's almost the polar opposite of what the rts is meant to be
curtdog98 wrote:
yea. RTS's should never be faced paced. it's almost the polar opposite of what the rts is meant to be
I hope you're being sarcastic....
Weenus wrote:
"Meta" is a gaming term that refers to End Game or Late Game.
l337h4l wrote:
Weenus wrote:
I don't believe it does. Might need to look up your terminology buddy.
The game has been out for a day. There is no meta.
To me, it feels a bit too slow in the matches I've played. Maybe it's just because I'm playing on a controller and not a keyboard and mouse. But yeah, I think it's not that fast, and may really just be the gamemode, maybe actual gamemodes like we had in the first Halo Wars will be more like most want.
Weenus wrote:
l337h4l wrote:
Weenus wrote:
That's what it always seemed to me. My friends use it in Supreme Commander 2 when they reach their super units. I guess I was wrong about that.
l337h4l wrote:
Weenus wrote:
l337h4l wrote:
Weenus wrote:
That's what it always seemed to me. My friends use it in Supreme Commander 2 when they reach their super units. I guess I was wrong about that.
The meta is the "game within the game". In HW2 beta, it's the way you must race to the first base locations to get the foothold on A, or the dynamics between unit types.
l337h4l wrote:
Weenus wrote:
l337h4l wrote:
Weenus wrote:
Yea, I just did research on Metagame. Its seems to revolve on the premise of being the most effecient tactic available for a game.
l337h4l wrote:
l337h4l wrote:
Weenus wrote:
l337h4l wrote:
Weenus wrote:
Yea, I just did research on Metagame. Its seems to revolve on the premise of being the most effecient tactic available for a game.
Yes, which is used by most people in the endgame (Like Destiny or the Division). I don't like fast paced RTS, but I haven't played a game yet. I just wish they had one campaign mission so I could practice against a computer before being destroyed by another player. Oh well...