Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Is Halo Wars 2 Worth 40$

OP elkstra

I've been thinking about getting Halo Wars 2 for a while now, but the price is still looking pretty steep. Is it worth the price? (40$ USD)
I think you can get a physical version of the game for XBox at a much cheaper price if you can find it. But, if you are on PC then the complete edition at 40$ USD would be worth it. Also, it goes on sale a lot so you can also wait for that.
elkstra wrote:
I've been thinking about getting Halo Wars 2 for a while now, but the price is still looking pretty steep. Is it worth the price? (40$ USD)
Short answer, yes.
HW2 is a blast with friends.
No, but It's a great game. I suggest getting a physical copy for a lot cheaper. If you want all the DLC (recommended just for the leaders), you may want to buy digitally then. But this game is getting more broken by the update, sadly. I have played since day 1 and I'm not sure if I want to keep playing this game with it being so unbalanced and glitchy.
Yes, I think it's worth it. Definitely go for it if it also includes the DLCs.
It is well worth the $40 as the game comes with a functioning and full campaign, a working multiplayer, firefight terminus, blitz, etc. I'm honestly surprised it didn't have a $60 tag on it given todays trend. I'd even go so far as to say it's even worth getting the DLC Leader packs as you can have a lot of fun with them in both Skirmish custom games and multiplayer.
elkstra wrote:
Honestly, I don't think it is, you're better off using the game pass, as it gives you HW2, as well as a ton of other games
It's totally worth it. Game Pass is fine but you pay $10-$15 a month. I've been playing HW2 for three YEARS. If you are subscribing to the Pass anyway, then makes sense to play HW2 that way. Otherwise, I'd just spend the $40 for the digital version so you can play on Xbox and PC.