Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

is halo wars 2 worth it??

OP reker 345

i just want to know if its very good now
If you enjoy RTS games and want a simpler one to play (much easier to play than something like SC2) Halo Wars 2 is perfect for you! I wouldn't get it unless you have xbox live gold though, the ai in skirmishes is really, really bad.

The game is quite balanced at this point with no one thing being particularly overpowered or oppressive.

Occasionally an online game will just crash without warning and you'll take a hit to your score, but if your wifi connection is good, it won't be a regular concern.

If you do decide to get HW2 I strongly recommend you get the season pass so you have access to most of the leaders for online play and thus have more options.

if you have any more specific questions just quote me and I'll help as best I can!
Just started playing it, and someone who’s played sc2, this is a nice change of pace while still being a great rts game. Def check it out!
It's good. If you think you'll put a lot of time into it, the complete edition is hands down the best deal.
It's good. If you think you'll put a lot of time into it, the complete edition is hands down the best deal.
Definitely! And/or if you get game pass for a month or something it’s included in there so you could try before you buy as another option
The first Halo Wars felt like a bit of a shoehorn (which, it was; because the original concept had nothing to do with Halo at all. It was purely marketing reasons that Halo Wars even exists from what I understand) as the characters are likeable, but definitely feel like they could use a bit more personality and fleshing out. Halo Wars 2 does this beautifully as every character makes you want to adore them (in my opinion). As a safety spoiler; there will be a few times you're ready to start crying because of the feels train and then one of the main cast will do something to bring you right back to laughter.

On the game play side of things; anyone not used to semi balancing management might have a bit of a hard time adjusting. But once you learn how to assign squads to shortcuts and manage your resources, you'll be alright. So I definitely recommend it!
ok i will probably get it so when i do i hope i see you all in game
Halo Wars 2 stands as my favorite RTS. It isn't very complex, it's easy to learn, fast-paced, fun, additive and full of content. A decent main campaign, an enjoyable side campaign (Operation: Spearbreaker) and a good campaign involving a familiar disgusting foe AND playing as the Banished (the new Covenant).
MP isn't tarnished by reskinned leaders too. Every one of the 16 leaders have something unique in the table that the others don't. Additionally, each leader promotes different playstyles. Are you an aggressive rusher? Play Decimus. Prefer to sabotage the enemy? Go Shipmaster. Are you more of a defensive and/or economy type of player? Go Pavium. You'll eventually find your style.
Blitz is the P2W gamemode of HW2. Every card you get from these wretched things makes your units stronger to the point that a unit that has nothing more than a peashooter will be able to kill a unit which is designed to specifically counter that type of unit. Thankfully, it doesn't go beyond Blitz, but the gamemode itself could be a good beginning for players to learn how to micro-manage. Such a missed opportunity.
However, there's also a Firefight gamemode. You have to defend this important structure alone or with friends against increasingly difficult odds that will make you sweat. I did once and I'm very hard to sweat. You will need a mind of a commander to succeed.

If you're buying the game, consider buying the Complete Edition, giving you all the content released. In the Ultimate edition, you won't get the Awakening the Nightmare expansion and the said expansion won't give you the other leaders. The Complete edition is cheaper in the long run.
AS they mention before if you like RTS get it also you could also get it for pc and you would get pass the need for live tho
well i think im gonna get it
reker 345 wrote:
Welcome Commander. Good to have you on board.
reker 345 wrote:
Welcome Commander. Good to have you on board.
thanks lol
Yes but you should get it on game pass
i would but i dot like the idea and some of my friends have been asked to buy the game they got on there
reker 345 wrote:
i would but i dot like the idea and some of my friends have been asked to buy the game they got on there
You could try it there and if you like it, you can buy the game. But something worth noting is that you will only get the vanilla content. The full experience, meaning the other 10 leaders, 2 Campaigns and Terminus Firefight will not be available to you.
hmmmmm ok