Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Is Halo Wars DE Play Anywhere?

OP harithavaraj

I'm purchasing the physical ultimate edition of Halo Wars 2. Since it comes with a download code for Halo Wars DE, does this mean I will be able to play it on my PC as well?
I'm purchasing the physical ultimate edition of Halo Wars 2. Since it comes with a download code for Halo Wars DE, does this mean I will be able to play it on my PC as well?
The definitive edition is, since it is digital.
Does anyone know HOW to get the Definitive Edition onto your PC?
I cant seem to find it.. I put my code onto the Xbox one and its all downloaded there...
Yes, i think so. Says so on store :D
Does anyone know HOW to get the Definitive Edition onto your PC?
I cant seem to find it.. I put my code onto the Xbox one and its all downloaded there...
I'm in the same boat bought it today and I can't seem to find where can I download it .
I also have this same issue. It says HW: DE is only part of a bundle.
Im speaking on chat to Microsoft and they are telling me that if you bought Halo Wars 2 physically, your Halo Wars DE digital code will NOT be Play Anywhere. Its ONLY for people who bought Halo Wars 2 digitally
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e2000d192c2f403b87cc2fc6f58c4432/topics/halo-wars-de-physical-play-anywhere-update-final/86c8fd70-6c03-42b3-94cb-32c322a6017f/posts

GUYS!! THEY FIXED IT!
I don't think it's something they're actually fixing for everyone unless we all call/chat with them individually because there's still at this time no way for me to get DE to work for play anywhere without getting a hold of Microsoft.
Yes, you can play it anywhere as I so far can play it on my laptop.
It's supposed to be play anywhere. Haven't tried it yet though.
You get DE through the Windows Store on win 10. If you put the code in on xbox.com you should see an "install" and "play now" feature on PC once you log in on the windows store.
Yup
Yeah pretty much. 😊