Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Is there a closed beta??????

OP YoungBerk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
YoungBerk wrote:
I did some research and its only for some people who sighed up from the feedback program that was going on during the beta. so basically if you didn't sign up for it then theres no way you can get that invite. Basically most people didn't so yeah lol has nothing to do with high level or anything rudy
I didn't specify that it would be for high-level players, but for players that knew somewhat about how to critique a beta and provide detailed and useful feedback. (As well as have experience playing other RTS titles and not just HW)

But I could still be wrong in that regard as well.
well they are coming up whit another beta for windows 10 and xbox one but havent heard of a closed beta
I think it's clear that it's fake. Why would they give you a code 3 months in advance with no one else reporting of having been invited, been announced by any reputable media outlets or even the developers.

FAQ:

Q: Has anyone else received this message?
A: Probably not, because it's been made using Photoshop.
Why would they have a closed beta so close to the original beta without time to balance and fix things?
Why would they have a closed beta so close to the original beta without time to balance and fix things?
Many games have closed betas. You just don't always hear about it because they are closed. Not public.

Changing unit balance is often as simple as adjusting unit stats such as HP, special type damage modifiers, movement speed, Line of Sight, etc. It wouldn't take long and could be changed very quickly to re-adjust balance issues for a beta. It takes longer for a released game because the developers want a final solution to the balance issues. With a beta, there is no harm in playing around with the stats until a good balance is achieved.

But this isn't me saying it's real or fake. Just saying it's very possible.
Many games have closed betas. You just don't always hear about it because they are closed. Not public.

Changing unit balance is often as simple as adjusting unit stats such as HP, special type damage modifiers, movement speed, Line of Sight, etc. It wouldn't take long and could be changed very quickly to re-adjust balance issues for a beta. It takes longer for a released game because the developers want a final solution to the balance issues. With a beta, there is no harm in playing around with the stats until a good balance is achieved.

But this isn't me saying it's real or fake. Just saying it's very possible.
I understand what you're saying, But Also they haven't really had any time to fix the bugs, like the disconnect issues, and things. To me it would seem foolish to try to do another beta without fixing bugs first. I mean but hey I'm not the game developer so who knows.

I think also i would have seen reports of people playing the beta by now by youtubers, and I've seen nothing. If its real at this point.
I understand what you're saying, But Also they haven't really had any time to fix the bugs, like the disconnect issues, and things. To me it would seem foolish to try to do another beta without fixing bugs first. I mean but hey I'm not the game developer so who knows.

I think also i would have seen reports of people playing the beta by now by youtubers, and I've seen nothing. If its real at this point.
Betas are usually spcleaned up snapshots of the game at a particular time, there will likely be another branch of the game or multiple braranches in development at various stages. Thos branches will have fixes for things not in the beta and other experimental features. It's certainly possible a later version was pulled for a closed beta, but can agree the timescales seem a bit close. Next known beta is the Windows 10 beta due closer to the end of this year
From the looks of it, it looks they are giving out beta invites to people who also part of community feedback program. It is possible that this closed beta may go open later on or might be more specialized beta to test gameplay mechanics and overall balance of other leaders.
didn't check the dashboard preview during the beta there may have been something in there about halo wars 2. i couldn't play the beta as much a i hoped due to other obligations, but i would hope that there's someway for fans to be in included in the closed beta,
Guys until shown otherwise im pretty sure this closed beta is a troll.
There is an open beta coming for Windows 10
smasher555 wrote:
There is an open beta coming for Windows 10
Yeah everyone knows that.

They are talking about a closed beta going on right now. Which is a troll.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2