January Patch / Balance Change Preview

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Hey folks - Thanks for hanging in there with us as the team finalized the details for the next Halo Wars 2 update. You can check out what's included in the patch itself (just a few fixes) as well as balance changes. Currently the patch and balance update are targeted for release on Tuesday, Jan. 16.

Check out the preview notes HERE in the sticky patch-note thread.

Thanks again for all of the great feedback - we're looking forward to getting these changes out the door and then getting an official Arena tournament on the calendar. Stay tuned!
AA is getting buffed? What?
Grazie!
are there more notes on the way?
Arbiter phantoms, and forge’s hog are my only complaints.
Is there a video somewhere of Arby phantoms? I have not run into this.
No nerfs to forge? Wow..... sure T2 vehicles will be useless but he will still get forgehog with his cyclops/ nightingale combo, plus kodiak drop and then grizzlies will be godly. Can’t see any other UNSC competing.
I want you to cure the bug!
Thank you for the slight buff to AA; much needed. Have you all looked into making Wraith Invaders more pop? You can make 30 of them at max pop and they beat Grizzles, Wraiths, Vultures, Sentinels, Banshees, hornets, etc. The only thing they don't beat is Hunters/cyclops
Please can you limit and weakend the mega turrets for Pavium please it's abused to much
Is there a video somewhere of Arby phantoms? I have not run into this.
It’s one of those things that only a few players know how to do. I haven’t run into it much either on the ladder but I have seen some players do it and it is magical. I’m sorry I can’t be more help than that, no one want to make a “Here’s how to use phantoms” post because they don’t want it to spread so far
I think 90% of what was done here is a step in the right direction. I passionatly disagree with the AA buff but that will be for a different post. I hope that the balence team will still be able to work on this game and address more of the issues in Nakas thread. Many people want to see the balence work continue and believe that nakas post contains the best bank of information to guide it.
This patch basically does nothing. You did not FIX ARBY PHANTOMS or FIX FORGE in any way. There will be no gameplay differences after this patch. Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please make phantoms either cost more(like the colony wall) or nerf them to the ground. The game will not be ruined without phantoms, but it will be ruined with them.
Looks like an all around great patch, thanks guys!
ARE YOU JOKING read the threads seriously aa is good at this current state if air units don’t get used then aa won’t Be needed and then aa will end up being Nerfed or air will get buffed really buffing aa will create a balancing issue
ARE YOU JOKING read the threads seriously aa is good at this current state if air units don’t get used then aa won’t Be needed and then aa will end up being Nerfed or air will get buffed really buffing aa will create a balancing issue
Stop being a cry baby, air is too dominate that why it getting a small buff and it not even a damage buff it just a Aoe buff so the groups can die easier if clustered how all people play air.
Maybe the nexted update will add dlc enemies to TF
I'm not trying to be comedic when I say that I have no idea what message you're trying to get across.
Stop being a cry baby, air is too dominate that why it getting a small buff and it not even a damage buff it just a Aoe buff so the groups can die easier if clustered how all people play air.
Air is in no way, shape, or form, dominate.
THEWALL766 wrote:
Air is in no way, shape, or form, dominate.
Exactly you can counter air so easily and think about this if nobody uses air as much then what is the point of aa because this might ruin both of them and if aa is to powerful then the vehicle meta will get worst and hog rushing which can be dealt with will start to get rampant unless warthogs got nerfed but I don’t recall seeing anything on that
First of air isn’t dominant that my friend is bs (no offense) you can counter air pretty easily read the other threads on why aa shouldn’t be buffed
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5