OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
patch notes are a good start, nice to see the AA buff. would have loved to see wraith invaders get a nerf, but at least other tanks got buffs.
Don’t hold your breath, a lot of us are going to fight to revert the AA buff, either this or next patch.
I guess Voridus will be of no use to me anymore
*cries in a corner*
patch notes are a good start, nice to see the AA buff. would have loved to see wraith invaders get a nerf, but at least other tanks got buffs.
Complaints about mass air are entirely invalid. Proof.

People complaining need to back up their arguments with evidence. This is getting silly.
This can't be it??
Only Voridus & Pavium??
What’s going on with the servers right now!?
Please for the love of all that is holy do NOT buff AA. It will literally make air more us less than they already are. There are some good things on this list that are a step in the right direction, but also a lot of things that are not addressed, for example, the power of conduit when paired with phantoms, and the forge hog (mobility/defense) being to powerful. The nerf to ultra mines isnt what it should be, an additional 15 seconds is still to fast for it to come back for how powerful it is. The Pavium Y ability and ultra mines alone are enough to wipe an army, and an extra 1 second arm time and extra 15 second cooldown doesn't fix anything. The leader is still going to be able to Y ability and make the army unable to move, and while the army is auto targeting everything but the mines they will die all the same, just 1 second later. There are many things that still need to be addressed, but these are some of the more important ones that I would like to see.
Any issues like this should be reported in the support forums
All Xbox servers are wonk.
There is an issue with Xbox Live at the moment:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?xr=shellnav

Let's keep on topic though please
Scootman2 wrote:
Please for the love of all that is holy do NOT buff AA. It will literally make air more us less than they already are. There are some good things on this list that are a step in the right direction, but also a lot of things that are not addressed, for example, the power of conduit when paired with phantoms, and the forge hog (mobility/defense) being to powerful. The nerf to ultra mines isnt what it should be, an additional 15 seconds is still to fast for it to come back for how powerful it is. The Pavium Y ability and ultra mines alone are enough to wipe an army, and an extra 1 second arm time and extra 15 second cooldown doesn't fix anything. The leader is still going to be able to Y ability and make the army unable to move, and while the army is auto targeting everything but the mines they will die all the same, just 1 second later. There are many things that still need to be addressed, but these are some of the more important ones that I would like to see.
You know people mocked me for using phantoms, I find this very satisfying that this is a valid stratagem. I wipe the floor with Legendary all the time with it, I just can'tommit my self online to pull it off.
This patch basically does nothing. You did not FIX ARBY PHANTOMS or FIX FORGE in any way. There will be no gameplay differences after this patch. Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please make phantoms either cost more(like the colony wall) or nerf them to the ground. The game will not be ruined without phantoms, but it will be ruined with them.
The AA buff will wreck phantoms what are you talking about
<p></p>
This patch basically does nothing. You did not FIX ARBY PHANTOMS or FIX FORGE in any way. There will be no gameplay differences after this patch. Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please make phantoms either cost more(like the colony wall) or nerf them to the ground. The game will not be ruined without phantoms, but it will be ruined with them.
<p></p>
We didn’t need an AA buff, we needed a COR heal nerf on the phantoms
THEWALL766 wrote:
<p></p>
Please enlighten me about phantoms, I play alot of Arby and seldom use them. I would go double raid camp and pump out enforcers and wipe out a base by 4 mins.
I guess my question is whats so good about phantoms and what units do you put in them enforcers, elites, grunts or hunters? or do you just make them and leave how it is?
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
<p></p>
Please enlighten me about phantoms, I play alot of Arby and seldom use them. I would go double raid camp and pump out enforcers and wipe out a base by 4 mins.
I guess my question is whats so good about phantoms and what units do you put in them enforcers, elites, grunts or hunters? or do you just make them and leave how it is?
They have a faster movement speed when paired with conduit of rage. If you pair that with enforcers and maybe some hunters you will just destroy everything. It's also very risky if not done properly.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
<p></p>
They have a faster movement speed when paired with conduit of rage. If you pair that with enforcers and maybe some hunters you will just destroy everything. It's also very risky if not done properly.
Right, the main idea is to abuse the absurd heal rate from the COR on them. I’ve heard a couple ways to play them but it mostly involves grunts in phantoms and hiding under a base shield while farming leader points. I don’t play Arby at all so I can’t give you specifics and if you don’t do it right you are really hosed.
I hope 343 will read this, so lets start.
First i like your ideas for this balance patch.
Giving Air Aoe dmg and slightly more healts is a good idea cause it counters mass lategame air.
The problem is that support air gets wiped instantly if the enemy build just few aa.
I would suggest keeping the aoe and health buff, but reducing single unit dmg of aa by at least 10 % so that small groups of support and assult flyer are still viable.
I would also suggest like i wrote before, giving Vulture and Blisterback a solid buff. At least the Vulture for it price is,if u dont take the y abilty underwhelming for a T3 unit.
Nerf the Y ability of the Vulture and make it what it is supposed to be, a slow heavy flying high dmg tank.
Secondly buff Infantery so they will get viable again. What shall Cutter do vs the new buffed tanks with cyclops which wont get a dmg buff vs them when he goes infantery as a infantery leader ?
Cyclops with shock rounds should at least trade 2 vs 1 (2 Cyclops / 1 Tank), cause they are "ANTI VEHICLE" units.
Right now the Cyclops are getting weaker with their T3 uprade, wtf is this ????
And whats the thing with Forge buff ?
Forge is and has ever been one of the top leaders since the 300% nightmare.
If theres a leader which wont need buffs then its him.
I would like to see a buff to Cutter,Shipmaster, Johnson, Atriox,Kisano and Colony (and maybe slightly Isabel.) in this order to bring the leaders in line again.

Im sick of getting balance updates which build up a specific meta where nothing else is viable anymore.
The word balance should mean that u can win the game with Infantery Air or Vehicles with Banished or UNSC, but right now this is impossible.
Again players dont have a choice, they have to go vehicle lategame to secure the win.

Other Issues which arent adresses in the patch...
-Retriver Sentinel wont get veterany.
-Kisanos Hogs still suck
-Bug where units wont move in leaderpower( especially in Voridos goo)
-Leader powers arent shown correctly, sometimes the animation is off
-Arbiters phantom and their interaction with "rage" arent adressed
-Wraith are still glass cannons and cant compare with Scorpions.
-"Super units" especially the Scarrab wont adress their name, lets call them "where can i waste 40 points of supply".
Its damage and the never ending targeting animations are a jokes and nearly every unit composition in this game with the same supply can beat it.
-the loading screen with the massage of the day
Is it me or the main focus of this path is to focus on the ¨new¨ two leaders?Something really needed. But still there are things that need to be address honestly. I kind of like the idea of giving T3 more reasons to use it. My main idea of the current meta is some sort of T2 game. Which is not bad, but the game is more than that. Let´s see how this changes help the game.
THEWALL766 wrote:
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
<p></p>
Right, the main idea is to abuse the absurd heal rate from the COR on them. I’ve heard a couple ways to play them but it mostly involves grunts in phantoms and hiding under a base shield while farming leader points. I don’t play Arby at all so I can’t give you specifics and if you don’t do it right you are really hosed.
I've tinkered with it here an there, i really only use the phantoms if someone is being clever by building long range counters pairing them with hunters and enforcers is really nice if your in a pinch. I really don't think they should nerf the COR of arby because that is all he really has to give him teeth in a fight. This AA buff maybe the fix for it though.
I thought even the AA is fine people admitted that the AoE for wolverines could use a slight buff... as it should help the overkill effect and help against Decimus banshees. I don't see how this hurts the more expensive air units at all since they are not clustered together enough for multiple to be hit with one volley. It appears the goal of this patch was to dissuade people from using T2 core units (both ground and air) late game as the buffs to the direct counters will make them useless late game. It appears they want T3 to be worth getting to and dominating with T3 units. I don't understand all the hate against the slight buff to AA. Something needed to be done about Decimus banshees still. I hope this helps. Plus, this buff to their health should help them slightly in the nightingale/Cyclops engagement that will be coming soon.

Anyway, that is not really what I wanted to talk about, I think the patch generally looks pretty exciting. My main concern/worry is that Canny Shell already wrecks grouped Cyclops... the buff to Canny Shell AoE is going to wreck them even further. Cyclops did not get a buff against T3 units other than health buff... so I worry that Isabel Tanks are going to be unstoppable once they get a foothold. I am not sure what unit there will be to counter them outside of Mastadons filled with Cyclops. Air will be difficult to produce in numbers large enough to beat back tanks because all they have to do is mix in 6 wolverines. I think Isabel and to a degree Forge will be the new way to roll. I guess the counter argument is that at that point in the game, tanks should rule and will be dominant. It is fine with me, just something that will likely occur.

I will be excited to go back to playing some Cutter though... and of course mixing in some Isa.
DA Cleric wrote:
I thought even the AA is fine people admitted that the AoE for wolverines could use a slight buff... as it should help the overkill effect and help against Decimus banshees. I don't see how this hurts the more expensive air units at all since they are not clustered together enough for multiple to be hit with one volley. It appears the goal of this patch was to dissuade people from using T2 core units (both ground and air) late game as the buffs to the direct counters will make them useless late game. It appears they want T3 to be worth getting to and dominating with T3 units. I don't understand all the hate against the slight buff to AA. Something needed to be done about Decimus banshees still. I hope this helps. Plus, this buff to their health should help them slightly in the nightingale/Cyclops engagement that will be coming soon.

Anyway, that is not really what I wanted to talk about, I think the patch generally looks pretty exciting. My main concern/worry is that Canny Shell already wrecks grouped Cyclops... the buff to Canny Shell AoE is going to wreck them even further. Cyclops did not get a buff against T3 units other than health buff... so I worry that Isabel Tanks are going to be unstoppable once they get a foothold. I am not sure what unit there will be to counter them outside of Mastadons filled with Cyclops. Air will be difficult to produce in numbers large enough to beat back tanks because all they have to do is mix in 6 wolverines. I think Isabel and to a degree Forge will be the new way to roll. I guess the counter argument is that at that point in the game, tanks should rule and will be dominant. It is fine with me, just something that will likely occur.

I will be excited to go back to playing some Cutter though... and of course mixing in some Isa.
That's why I thought it important that Vultures and Blisterbacks do more damage as well. No leader gets any eco discount for them, so they should be more powerful to help counteract leaders who get buffs for their tanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5