Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Jerome's Mantis needs a nerf

OP CODEMONKEY117

Lately every match I play whether it's an opponent or a teammate when ever they play as Jerome his mantis seems way too OP for a tech 1 unit. Since the units to counter the mantis aren't availale until tech 2 it's near impossible to stop an early rush when it's accompanied with a spam of infantry. His mantis should either get a price and power increase to call in or at be moved to tech two.
Lately every match I play whether it's an opponent or a teammate when ever they play as Jerome his mantis seems way too OP for a tech 1 unit. Since the units to counter the mantis aren't availale until tech 2 it's near impossible to stop an early rush when it's accompanied with a spam of infantry. His mantis should either get a price and power increase to call in or at be moved to tech two.
Lol it doesn’t even matter if you build the counter units to mantises. You could have a fully upgraded army of hunters and your army will still get shredded. It’s extremely broken and cheap but hey, I guess that what tryhards have to do to be good and get those CSR points. 🤣
Right! It's like 343i doesn't test any patches before releasing them 😂😂😂
Just get grenade throw or scout rams tech 1, easy.
Bro, you can kill that mantis with like 3 rams of a chopper or ghost it has no health
The tier one Theseus is not really that strong, it's a mech, just throw a group of marines or choppers at it. I have never had a hard time dealing with a Theseus, granted I only play vs AI, but still. Throw your hero at it even if you got it up, most heroes will shred through the mechs health and shields in no time (unless you're tier 1 Grunt Mechs, might take a bit longer.)
As much as I love Jerome, Tech 1 Mantis is pretty weak. I try to stay away from close encounters due to the long range missiles and small health.