Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Jerome was Supposed to be The Master Chief

OP Sgt Palooggoo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ten-Hut!
Hey Marines, I got an interesting conspiracy theory for ya!
Commander Jerome was supposed to be the Master Chief.
Now I'm not talking about the Character Jerome, I'm talking about the Leader Jerome.

Okay lets get into the Reasons:
(PS: These are all just my opinions)
  1. Jerome Inspires people, Chief always did that. Now you might say thats indicative of Spartans well then how come other Spartans don't inspire people in HW2?
    Spoiler:
    Show
  2. Jerome has 'A time for Heros' passive ability. We all remember the line that Sgt. Paloo- uh I mean Sgt. Johnson said to the Chief in Halo 2: "Folks need heros Chief, to give em hope."
    Spoiler:
    Show
  3. Omega team back in HW1 was 6 members strong, but now its 3, that number would easily fit in with Blue Team, who would fit in great with Chief.
    Spoiler:
    Show
  4. The Fact that there are 2 Different Jeromes in the game is puzzling. Why have 2 of the same guy? It's very confusing, people are always saying: "Jerome needs a nerf!" And then some else will say: "No he doesn't! He needs a buff." It's because one thinks the other is talking about Hydra Jerome, where as he was actually talking about Spartan Laser Jerome.
    Spoiler:
    Show
  5. You might say: "Where does the Command Mantis fit into all this?" Well, Chief has been depicted with Giant Walkers before. Like this megs bloks set!
    Spoiler:
    Show
  6. But the most Darning piece of evidence I have is This!
    Spoiler:
    Show
  7. Alot of people wanted the Chief as Playable leader in HW2, so if I was dev & had to make Chief I would probably come up with something alot like Commander Jerome's play style!
    Spoiler:
    Show
So there you have it Commander Jerome (imo) was Supposed to The Master Chief!
  • I don't know why The Master Chief never became a playable leader in HW2, but I believe it had something to do with budgeting, Time restrictions, Deciding Against the idea and the fact that he would be coming out with the HW1 Arbiter.
    Spoiler:
    Show
Anyways what do you think of this theory?
Am I full of it? (As usual) Or Am I on to something here?
A while ago, I remember seeing a bunch of concept art for Master Chief. Would have been cool to have in the game.

Interesting post, dude.
I prefer master chief over commander Jerome because having 2 different Jerome units is confusing.
I think they explained away the Mark VI armor in a phoenix log saying Isabel had the specs for the upgrades and gave them to Cutter. I personally like the Mark IV armor they wear in the cutscenes more.

Also there was leaked concept art awhile back of Chief and Blue Team as units in HW2. Not sure where that got off too.
I prefer master chief over commander Jerome because having 2 different Jerome units is confusing.
I agree. The 2 Jeromes are a bit confusing. Would be interesting to have a Master Chief leader and hero.
Probably a voice acting issue. They either couldn't afford/couldn't book Steve Downes. MC's voice is too iconic, they can replace any of the other leader voices though.
Brilliant.
CINCL wrote:
Probably a voice acting issue. They either couldn't afford/couldn't book Steve Downes. MC's voice is too iconic, they can replace any of the other leader voices though.
My thinking exactly, though I wouldn't have minded and a new voice actor taking his best shot with the Chief's voice.
Brilliant.
😉
CINCL wrote:
I think you might be onto something there. I know they had to use another voice actor instead of David Scully for Johnson because of the VA strike, so the same would go for Downes and MC.
CINCL wrote:
It was most likely due to the voice actor strike, which started in October 2016 and ended on September 23rd, 2017.

That's why all of the old/returning characters in Halo Wars have different voice actors.
You may be right and Commander Jerome may have started out as Master Chief originally, but Jerome takes up the Commander role and elevates in position on SoF from "just a Spartan" to a Field Commander as the Ark conflict with the Banished continued (source Halo Wars 2's profile on Jerome) and that's completely cannon (besides Omega Team being on the Ark). So Jerome originally may have started as Chief but it probably turned out easier to use existing Jerome assists and made sense from a story and character development standpoint.
He probably did not become a leader due to the VA Strike of which Chief's voice actor was a part of. Would've been a cool leader to have, but what can ya do?
I actually thought at first it was going to Master Chief but a non canon appearance, but I do think Jerome's armor upgrades are cool especially seeing him with a Hydra from H5 and Mantis that has a name. Theseus is cool name for a vehicle man.
He IS the Master Chief of the Halo Wars Franchise.
Nice points. It was interesting to read. Number 6 really stood out, but they did a damn good job at salvaging that dank artwork.

This is somewhat off topic, but if a large number of people don't hate on Halo 6 like they did 5, Halo Wars 3 becomes all the more likely. And if they want Halo Wars 3 to directly tie more into the fps' story, it's not a bad idea to hold off on having the Chief and Arbiter (the one who's buddy with the Chief) be leaders, as there may be continuity errors if they decide to include them in Halo War 3's story. I know... there's Johnson and Forge are leaders, while they should be extremely dead, but it's not impossible that the Chief, could be even a little involved in Halo Wars 3's plot.

Spoiler:
Show
Spartans in general are said to boost moral not just the MC. Personally im glad they didnt put MC as a leader in Wars.
Spartans in general are said to boost moral not just the MC. Personally im glad they didnt put MC as a leader in Wars.
Well, Chief got famous of it though.
And as For Jerome taking Chiefs place, I'm not for it or against it really...
Commander Jerome isn’t technically cannon but I guess he really is the master chief of halo wars 2 expect more reliant on teammates than master chief
Same really really glad. I like Halo Wars to be just Halo Wars, MC is just fan service for the fps saga.
BlinxESP wrote:
Same really really glad. I like Halo Wars to be just Halo Wars, MC is just fan service for the fps saga.
I'd, love to see the chief with blue team and cortana, surely if the Chief is just fan service then so is Johnson, and i absolutely agree with OP, he is Jerome in disguise!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2