Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Johnson’s mechs

OP CONFUSE CHILD

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Are they Op as hell or am I missing something here
He is tough, especaiily when you have a player that knows how to Kite properly.

Some Tips
  • Unit comp might be - Air power with Vultures, Banshses, Honets with support of hunters and such will work, also in Tier 2 seige works a treat. Don't get tricked into chasing if you don't have a fast army as the mechs will out range and damage you, go for a base where he has to engage you.
  • You have to watch mech overcharge, you want to bait that out in an attack because often you can waste you best offensive leader power on this in reaction to an assault and it's just wasted
  • Have a Nightengale on hold or cloking gen near your base as when he does the whole Pelican Drop on one of your bases sometimes he doesn't have detection (I don't see many wolves) and Nightengales have to fly over, this gives you time to get back or make a push yourself.
  • But the biggest piece of advice with Johnson as with most leaders is pressure, his early game can be worked around and if apply consistant pressure it's hard to build that massive mech ball he is looking for .
Happy to play some games with you.

Good Luck
Three words. Cloaking with hunters
Three words. Colossus with jackrabbits.
Sir Slid wrote:
That wouldn’t work. Hunters are great against mechs and adding another vehicle wouldn’t matter much. If you make hunters with shrouds and engineers mechs get melted.
Sir Slid wrote:
That wouldn’t work. Hunters are great against mechs and adding another vehicle wouldn’t matter much. If you make hunters with shrouds and engineers mechs get melted.
Hunters lose to Colossus because Colossus out range them and if you get close to them you just stomp or overcharge, you also wouldn't build Jackrabbits that late (thats probably the best way to lose)
and cloak sucks.
Sir Slid wrote:
Hunters lose to Colossus because Colossus out range them and if you get close to them you just stomp or overcharge, you also wouldn't build Jackrabbits that late (thats probably the best way to lose)
and cloak sucks.
I don’t blame you for thinking cloak sucks because people don’t know how to use it correctly. When used right it can win games outright. Especially against Johnson because they never make cloak detection units in my experience. Hunters do beat colossus with shrouds because they block their shots and colossus can’t see cloak. I do main shipmaster so I can mass cloak and teleport or displace to close the gap between me and mechs. I’m sure you are right with other leaders but IMO shipmaster hard counters johnson with smart play. Especially when you stack the spirit drop and have multiple hunters with high veterancy == gameover for Johnson.
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
I don’t blame you for thinking cloak sucks because people don’t know how to use it correctly. When used right it can win games outright. Especially against Johnson because they never make cloak detection units in my experience. Hunters do beat colossus with shrouds because they block their shots and colossus can’t see cloak. I do main shipmaster so I can mass cloak and teleport or displace to close the gap between me and mechs. I’m sure you are right with other leaders but IMO shipmaster hard counters johnson with smart play. Especially when you stack the spirit drop and have multiple hunters with high veterancy == gameover for Johnson.
Johnson in general is a very trash leader, but Shippy doesn't hard counter Johnson at all once late game happens lol. Play my Johnson if you like to test it.
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
Johnson in general is a very trash leader, but Shippy doesn't hard counter Johnson at all once late game happens lol. Play my Johnson if you like to test it.
It depends on the player really. I’ll send you a friend request and we can go at it.
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
It depends on the player really. I’ll send you a friend request and we can go at it.
Can I spectate? I wanna see this fragfest.
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
Johnson's good if you know how to use him, same for most leaders. Just because you suck with him, doesn't mean he's bad.
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
Any UNSC leader who doesn't use nightingales deserves to get their forces smashed by cloaked units
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
Johnson's good if you know how to use him, same for most leaders. Just because you suck with him, doesn't mean he's bad.
I'm a Johnson main and got him into champ lol, everyone in Champ will agree with me that he's a very bad leader unless he's T3. You don't even play against other players so you have no clue what you're even talking about.
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
I'm a Johnson main and got him into champ lol, everyone in Champ will agree with me that he's a very bad leader unless he's T3. You don't even play against other players so you have no clue what you're even talking about
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
Any UNSC leader who doesn't use nightingales deserves to get their forces smashed by cloaked units
Yes but once my reavers kill your knightngales what are you going to do?
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
I'm a Johnson main and got him into champ lol, everyone in Champ will agree with me that he's a very bad leader unless he's T3. You don't even play against other players so you have no clue what you're even talking about
Yeah I have to agree with you Phoenix. I’ll go ahead and agree that your Johnson would best my shipmaster.
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
Yeah I have to agree with you Phoenix. I’ll go ahead and agree that your Johnson would best my shipmaster.
We didn't even get to play though :(
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
We didn't even get to play though :(
I’ll be on for a little bit tonight if you want to play
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
I'm a Johnson main and got him into champ lol, everyone in Champ will agree with me that he's a very bad leader unless he's T3. You don't even play against other players so you have no clue what you're even talking about.
Good for you, but your opinion means nothing to me :D
Sir Slid wrote:
and cloak sucks.
Yes but once my reavers kill your knightngales what are you going to do?
Kill your reavers before sending in my nightingales
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2