OP FungusUCantKill

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Malcatrazz wrote:
His ultimate is not very useful anyway
Seems like someone's never played Johnson 🤔
Perhaps not enough... Could be my play style/build order doesn't fit well... By the time I can use it my eco is usually fine. Also, I play 3v3 (or 3vAI) mostly and usually all bases are taken by that time.
So what do you think is a good build order for Johnson? Stick with 1/2 generators and lots of supplies, until the ultimate, and than replace pads with power?
Malcatrazz wrote:
Malcatrazz wrote:
Perhaps not enough... Could be my play style/build order doesn't fit well... By the time I can use it my eco is usually fine. Also, I play 3v3 (or 3vAI) mostly and usually all bases are taken by that time.
So what do you think is a good build order for Johnson? Stick with 1/2 generators and lots of supplies, until the ultimate, and than replace pads with power?
If you can't expand then yes, recycling pads for more gens would be the next best option.
lJGl Fox wrote:
I think they should add a stun to the drop of the bunker. The radius would need to be decent though. I would like to see Remote Sensor get buffed and Digging in is useless atm. So buffing Digging in would be nice, such as a slow heal to buildings with the siphon to turrets would be awesome! Just like Full salvage except no full refunds but you get siphon turrets! I still feel ppl will go Mechs only and thats because of mech overcharge combined with the versatility of them. Mechs are OK vs everything.
I definitely agree about the stun and the siphon. Both make sense, and would help him a lot. I also agree that mechs are great and will always be ideal. Buffing the bunker will just give Johnny a stronger early game and make more some new gameplay.
1.General health increase.
2.Shield added for drop at pt1 and shield increased at pt 2
3.Siphon ability from Digging in added to bunkers and units inside
4.Pt 2 lets you drop 2 bunkers
5.Bunkers should stun on impact (they do not atm)
6.Mines should not be able to drop on bunkers.
7.Bunkers should come with a mini turret on them, to add to their damage (why not?)
8.Bunkers could be upgradable by individual purchase (like Pavs mega turrets)
9.Bunker cost should decrease more with digging in upgrades
10.Fort upgrades should upgrade bunkers too (do they?)
11. CT marines inside bunkers should be able to heal the bunker

Some of these seem great, but as it stands some of this might make them too tanky.
Siphon with Digging in + CT Marines with upgradeable mini turrets? You'd quite literally have the Halo Wars 1 conundrum where a Veterancy 3 marine squad could hold against actual armies. This is a bit much.
However, the shields sound like a good idea.
Me likey
After much debate with different players and getting different ideas, I think the following changes would be an ideal start for buffing the bunker without making it too strong:

1. Mines should not be able to be dropped on bunkers

2. Bunkers should stun units on impact

3. Bunker cost should decrease more with digging in passive (50 maybe)
Something I had suggested in the past that could make Bunker more viable late-game would be Remote Sensors giving more range to mech units and units garrisoned inside Bunkers. This double range buff would allow Cyclops/Johnson inside bunkers to defend against Gauss Hogs and tanks, rather than be unable to retaliate or easily maneuvered around.
Make his Pelican a Scarab.
AYF 001 wrote:
Something I had suggested in the past that could make Bunker more viable late-game would be Remote Sensors giving more range to mech units and units garrisoned inside Bunkers. This double range buff would allow Cyclops/Johnson inside bunkers to defend against Gauss Hogs and tanks, rather than be unable to retaliate or easily maneuvered around.
I like this idea. Remote sensors is sort of a wash atm. Increased unit sight would be much better than just building sight.

It could be something to give bunkers some late game usage. Currently, they're pretty useless after t1
I realised bunkers do stun but the problem is that it's not easy to drop them close enough because the pointer doesn't adapt itself like unit drops do.
How about making the bunker like 300 supply more expensive and let like 3 marines inside drop down too, so the bunker is already armed ?
How about making the bunker like 300 supply more expensive and let like 3 marines inside drop down too, so the bunker is already armed ?
There is a big downside to that... it would also cost pop and thus be unusable once maxed out...
I like to use bunkers mid/late game to provide vision for e.g. kodiaks and bullet sponge (turrets shoot them even when empty).
I realised bunkers do stun but the problem is that it's not easy to drop them close enough because the pointer doesn't adapt itself like unit drops do.
Bunkers need to be allowed to drop on units for the stun, ie not have a red reticle when hovering above units. It has something to do with collision mechanics. I think other powers allow units to collide with them on drop and force those units to move after it has landed, like grunt dome and turret drops.
Bunkers, as is, are fine. They could probably use a slight bit of extra armor, or a little more shields, but as is bunkers with sufficiently veterancied CT marines can usually hold (especially in groups) against rushes
Bunkers aren't that great for offense, aside from remote sensor/kodiak spam. If you want to use them early, place them on power nodes to make sure you control the node it's placed on for a while longer
Bunkers need to be allowed to drop on units for the stun, ie not have a red reticle when hovering above units. It has something to do with collision mechanics. I think other powers allow units to collide with them on drop and force those units to move after it has landed, like grunt dome and turret drops.
Exactly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2