Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Johnson needs to be nerfed

OP CODEMONKEY117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I just played a match where 10 mantis units took out 20 of my level 3 banshees with plasma torpedoes. I get the mantis is an all around vehicle type but the power behind them is so OP it has come to the point that if you see someone as Johnson the match is automatically in their favor.
no...
The Johnson player possibly used his Mech Overcharge leader power, and perhaps had level 3 mantises with both shield and gauss upgrades. In which case he should win.
Could you provide any more details? From my experience banshees will slaughter mechs pretty easily so there must have been something like a mech overdrive going off.
Never thought I’d hear somebody say Johnson is op
I just played a match where 10 mantis units took out 20 of my level 3 banshees with plasma torpedoes. I get the mantis is an all around vehicle type but the power behind them is so OP it has come to the point that if you see someone as Johnson the match is automatically in their favor.
Saying your banshees had plasma torpedo doesn’t help the situation and the mantis has more base health and shields also was the enemy using mech overcharge and don’t forget unless you just joined air has been nerfed a lot to the point where I can’t remember how much exactly so the problem isn’t Johnson it’s all the changes to air really
Are you suggesting Air is NOT op?!?
Blasphemy!
It makes me so happy to see a Johnson OP post.

But, to answer. You might need to try playing Johnson a few times to see what the play style is like, and what weaknesses hold him back. That's probably the best way that you'll know what to look for, and how best to counter.
i have a question how long have you been playing halo wars 2?
Johnson's mechs are actually not that good. If you have them fully upgraded with T3 vehicle upgrade they are decent but not the best. Or, rather, not something you want late game. Like many others before me have said he must have used leaderpowers to buff his mantises. However it is charming to see that he is actually doing well among all the other leaders
You beat me to it.
<blockquote class="box-quote" data-username="NoGTsWereLeft" data-postid="5">
<p>Never thought I’d hear somebody say Johnson is op</p>
</blockquote>
<p>You beat me to it.</p>
As a Johnson main I m glad to hear he is op, but no, just no.... I would love to see his Mantises LVL 3 upgrade giving them a additional 5 % dmg and health, so they can compete super lategame...
Even the Shi(t)pmaster is more op than Johnson right now... hell 3/4 of the whole cast is stronger than Johnson right now.
<blockquote class="box-quote" data-username="NoGTsWereLeft" data-postid="5">
<p>Never thought I’d hear somebody say Johnson is op</p>
</blockquote>
<p>You beat me to it.</p>
uhm, whats with all the code-y stuff?
I think Johnson might be in a solid spot right now, so people just aren't used to him putting up as much of a fight as he can now. Once anti-vehicle is made viable again it'll be more fair. Right now I think the focus Johnson needs is on the "quirks" with his leader powers (CT Marines can't repair bunkers or repair nearby units when in them, Digging In not giving any turret building/upgrade discounts at Lvl1, Overcharged mechs still affected by Serina's chill powers, etc).
But banshees are WAY faster.
Run away and hit a base?

Or

Let him overcharge his units and after that you can drop a good deal of a mech army with offensive leader powers on account of the mechs being so slow.
You beat me to it.
ditto. Nerf Johnson! like dude... have you even seen Postums win statistics?
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/season-10-leader-win-rates-so-far/f6fd9949-c78e-4694-a791-6e5aaf12d40c/postsHe's ranked 10th out of 16 leaders with a -1.7% loss advantage
As a Johnson main I m glad to hear he is op, but no, just no.... I would love to see his Mantises LVL 3 upgrade giving them a additional 5 % dmg and health, so they can compete super lategame...
Even the Shi(t)pmaster is more op than Johnson right now... hell 3/4 of the whole cast is stronger than Johnson right now.
If ship master his better why you calling him s*** but you are right there are better options than Johnson
Johnson is op. His remote sensors let him see the entire map! Colossus move too fast. They should be stationary units. My opponent can drop infinite bunkers on me! Why do they cost 0 population? They should be at least 13 pop per bunker. Why would digging in make buildings free? That’s so powerful, people get that ability so early in the match they can just take complete map control and I have no where left to build! His hero has a Jetpack and can strafing run my bases like Decimus banshees! I’m so sick of this brok yoink. I’m sueing 343 for putting this broke-yoink leader in the game.
Johnson is op. His remote sensors let him see the entire map! Colossus move too fast. They should be stationary units. My opponent can drop infinite bunkers on me! Why do they cost 0 population? They should be at least 13 pop per bunker. Why would digging in make buildings free? That’s so powerful, people get that ability so early in the match they can just take complete map control and I have no where left to build! His hero has a Jetpack and can strafing run my bases like Decimus banshees! I’m so sick of this brok yoink. I’m sueing 343 for putting this broke-yoink leader in the game.
Be careful or somebody takes this serious :D
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3